Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Peter, Paul, & Mary - Album (Warner 1966)

Peter, Paul, & Mary - (Moving) (Warner 1963 mono)

Good clear in-the-room recordings with musical vocals.  
Michelle Shocked - The Texas Campfire Tapes (CookingVinyl 1986)

Bought this when it came out to much acclaim. All the more interesting now that she’s apparently turned into a far right religious homophobe. Although she said she didn't mean it. Still, leaves a bad taste. 
A friend lent me several LPs, including Van Halens first. Not a huge fan, but gave it a spin. Roth's voice was beautifully recorded. The rest of the instruments and the mix itself was underwhelming. 
Yes it is. Absolutely wonderful music. One of my favorite bands ever

Lambchop / FLOTUS
@noromance I have Michelle Shocked’s ‘short sharp shocked’ and have always liked it. It’s kind of fun if not great music.  Never clicked with any of her stuff after that.  
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals “Cold Roses”, David Bowie “David Live” & R.E.M. “Life’s Rich Pageant” - strange mix for stranger times. Stay safe!
Got to bake a social distancing chocolate birthday cake for War Dept. Today....
Watched Motherless Brooklyn last eve - solid and IMO soundtrack is awesome- streaming it now....
Shawn Colvin "A Few Small Repairs"  20th Anniversary/Legacy/1st time on vinyl
"You know I wasn't born I was spat out at a wall
And nobody even knew my name
The sun hatched me out, cradle and all
On the corner of First and Insane

For the souls of the departed and the renegades of love
You and me we gotta be all we dreamed of
In the ruins of mischief through the ravages of time
You got a place in this world of mine."

Suicide Alley - SC
@Uber,   Do you know the first Moxy Album?  The black one with uncredited guitar solos by Tommy Bolin?   Just in case, was thinking might be right in your wheelhouse.  
Greg.
Seeing Schenker live in his heyday is still one of my more memorable concert experiences.

A real pity he went with Gary “ flat as a pancake “ Barden for vocals in the first incarnation of MSG.
Spirit.

I vaguely remember listening to Moxy back in the day but do not own anything.

Will load it into Qobuz later though....
Check it out. Nice and crunchy. Fluffy not stuffy. Spiffy Riffy, And all that.

But probably just the first album - and maybe a few moments on the second album but they went pretty far down hill after that.  

Funny story. I heard "Moxy II" playing in a shopping mall Camelot Records Store back when it first came out in 1976. Never bought it, but remembered liking it. Years later I remembered it and started looking for a copy on vinyl (well before Al Gore invented the internet). Never found one. Finally, a few years ago I saw it available on CD and picked up a copy.

I didn't really remember why I liked it some much. It's enjoyable enough, but I can't figure out why the thought of it stuck in my mind for so many years. I think I'll give it a spin tonight to see if it does anything for me...
Well now we have three people admitting to listening to Moxy.
Medic! Men down!
Just read the biography of Moxy and it seems the first two albums are probably all that is worth listening to.

Bad timing and original vocalist problems scuppered them.

Now I know where I first heard of them.

Was in NME in England when they covered the up and coming wave of Canadian hard rockers in the mid 70,s.
Rush, Styx, Mahogany Rush, Moxy etc.