Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
This is the Way .... Rossington Collins Band.

Checking out my new to me Koetsu Black Goldline that had one open channel.
Expertly repaired by Steven Leung of VAS at a fair price and very quick turnaround .
Slaw
The German record of Yoshi is likely the one as you say.

I have not found on vinyl yet just a comment that my Japanese DVD-A sounded wonderful.

Enjoy!
What big game ?

Sarah McLachlan - Rarities, B-Sides & Other Stuff

really sweet, gearing to catch her local show in a few weeks..,

War Dept. absolutely digs Sarah, rightly so
Tomic.
It's way different from any of my other carts.
A lot more bass and lower mids.
Not quite the top end sparkle the Scheu has or the Nagaoka for that matter.
Separation of details seems superior.
It's a warm cartridge IMHO.
Definitely not in your face type like a Lyra can be.
Shock ... The Motels.

And a slight tweak of SRA made a big difference.
One thing I have heard about Koetsu, very small changes can make a big Sonic impact.
More top end with no loss of bass or mids.

Sweet!
Uber ! How cool :-) yes the Lyra benefits from adjusting VTA, the Triplaner makes that snap. Glad you are enjoying it
@reubent and Uber - as Karma would have it, Genesis- Invisible Touch ( OP absolutely mint ) included in the gift pile, wow a keeper for the emotional attachment alone....
Invisible Touch is possibly my favorite Genesis album.
Some sublime songs on it.

Unfortunately I can NEVER rid myself of the Spitting Image puppets to the video of Land of Confusion especially when Reagan in a nightmare hits the big red launch nukes button.

Exactly something I could imagine our present incumbent moron doing.....
Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I’ve heard in rock. Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite. 😳

I heard through the grapevine Phil Collins is going to be making a new record. He’s back in the Stu-Stu-studio.
Great heartfelt post Geoff.

I found myself agreeing with at least 95% of it.

Land of Confusion and In too Deep are spectacular examples of classic 80,s pop rock at its best.
Truly memorable hooks and melodies with a pointed message to back them up.
Music that transcends just music.
Thanks, but actually it’s the famous tongue-in-cheek monologue from American Psycho spoken by the protagonist just prior to the ax murder scene. Alas, I cannot take credit for it. 🤗 Go Kansas City! 

@slaw, Springfield Missouri, hometown of The Ozark Mountain Daredevils, is also home to another great group, some of whose members were in and out of both bands.

Guitarist D. (Don) Clinton Thompson, drummers Bobby Lloyd Hicks and Ron Gremp, and keyboardist Joe Terry were at certain points in time members of both The OMD and Springfield legends (Dave Edmunds, Nick Lowe, and Elvis Costello, and I are fans) The Skeletons/The Morells (they went by both names over the years).

D. Clinton Thompson was in Steve Forbert’s road band for years, and is a fabulous player.

Bobby Lloyd Hicks was Dave Alvin’s drummer for many years, and died of lung cancer/pneumonia (a heavy smoker) a couple years back. An excellent "rhythm section" player.

There are a number of Skeletons and Morells albums still available, and they are fantastic. Great songs, great band, great production by bassist Lou Whitney (also now gone), who ran a recording studio in Springfield. I have friends/former bandmates (in The Cornell Hurd Band, now in Austin Texas) who travelled from San Jose California to Lou’s studio to record. He and The Skeletons/Morells are underground legends.

A concept album that is 100% run-out groove loosely based on Duke..... GK’s Plagerism

Duke is a fantastic album...

” and you kill what you fear”
@bdp24 sent me a C. Hurd album, fantastic stuff!!!!

Eric - I am tinkering with RM-9, will PM you for thoughts...
@geoffkait There is the Peter Gabriel Genesis, (Phil Collins drums) and the post Peter Gabriel Genesis. Personally I like both, but their PG days were certainly more progressive without doubt. I think Abacab or ‘Genesis’ are the albums that really put them on the map in those days. No doubting Phil Collins writing chops. Great band! And PC helped write and produce, as well as played on Robert Plant’s first two solo efforts out of Zepp. 

Cool @tomic601. Hurd's a great songwriter, one of his recorded by Junior Brown, one ("If You Play With My Mind You're Gonna Get Your Hands Dirty") by The Skeletons. Hurd's guitarist Paul Skelton (just a coincidence ;-) and I moved to L.A. together in '79, then to NYC in '82. He was (R.I.P., another 2-pack a day smoker) the guitarist on the first two Wayne "The Train" Hancock albums, but didn't go on the road with him. In his place was Evan Johns, another guitarist I worked with. Small world!

So you got yourself an RM-9, ay? I'm keeping my eyes open for one myself, until then my RM-10 and RM-200 will have to do ;-) . What speakers are you hooking it up to? My RM-10 goes with my Quad 57's, the RM-200 with Eminent Technology LFT-8b's.

Lou Reed - Rock And Roll Animal (RCA black label reissue); Black Sabbath S/T (first Warners pressing).
Roy Harper - Valentine (Harvest 1974)

The UK original is far better than the remastered versions. By an order. If you ever wanted to demo analog vs digital..

The wife bought me a book for Christmas.
The greatest 100 albums to own on vinyl.

Just started to look at it.

Well obviously it is all subjective but I don't own many of their top 100 .... Lol.
Missing Persons - "Spring Session M"

Hey Uber, I'll bet this one IS NOT in your book of 100 albums to own on vinyl.....
Always been partial to Mr.Mister.
One of those bands that were oh so close to super stardom but could not repeat their early success and then fizzled.

Kyrie and Broken Wings are just fabulous.
@uberwaltz - There’s no accounting for (personal) taste. ;~)

"Welcome to the Real World" has been relegated to the (to trade) pile. Agreed, "Broken Wings" and "Kyrie" were decent enough pop songs, but not good enough to live in my record rack.

Still working on the culling. I’ve freed about 90 records from captivity, so far. Still got a ways to go......