Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Uber - I checked out the recommended Mostly Autumn:-) very nice w rocking edge - Tidal has a really excellent range of music from them !!! Love it, thanks again
On a bleak afternoon into evening in Portland:
CSN(Y):

So Far P/P
Deja Vu P/P
Looking Forward (digital...)

The latter a pretty good record.  Anybody ever buy the expensive euro issue vinyl?   Is it just cut from a cd?  Either way it’s probably not that good of a record....

(earlier) in the bright of morning:

John Abercrombie 
Arcade OP

Focus
Moving Waves PP

Volto!
Incantare OP

Plini 
Handmade Cities OP

and for lunch...

Michaela Anne
Desert Dove 
(Pink!)

This is pretty much a country record but she’s got quite a nice voice.  

Tomic
Glad you liked the Mostly Autumn recommendation, enjoy!

Spirit.
I played Moving Waves Saturday I think and it blew me away with with just how fresh it sounded considering its age!
A good friend found a copy of Joe Cocker - Joe Cocker at an antique shop and picked it up on a whim. He let me borrow it and after a thorough cleaning I played it on my system. I was totally blown away by its quality and pristine condition. After some research I am fairly sure it's a 1st reissue circa 1971 first master plate. One of the best sounding pieces I have had the pleasure to enjoy. Must have played both sides 3x so far. This is definitely a HOT stamper. What a lucky guy! I would rate this as a near mint vynil,  fair cover. Awesome sound and great music on both sides.
Don Grolnick - Hearts and Numbers

Lots of Michael Brecker blowing over great chord progressions by Don.  Not on this one though.

The title track and closer.  Just DG. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbR_nXfZvrM

There's some that've got the gift of melody.  DG was one.

LOU RAWLS : UNMISTAKABLY LOU: is an album by American R&B singer Lou Rawls, released in 1977 on the Philadelphia International Records label.

See You When I Git There
Spring Again
Early Morning Love

USING A SANSUI FR-5080 TURNTABLE

@valsoldese - Welcome to AudiogoN and welcome to the "What's on Your Turntable Tonight" thread. Keep 'em coming........
@robertaudio - Welcome to AudiogoN and welcome to the "What's on Your Turntable Tonight" thread. Keep 'em coming........
last night a wonderful curiosity,

Little Esther Phillips, this one I found in great shape a while ago:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4316781?ev=rb

I just finished my two arm deck, rear arm Mono cartridge, side arm Stereo. 

LP jacket said 'Monophonic'. Played Mono. Seemed a few sounds were still separate l/r, her voice didn't sound too good.

Ah, label on disc say's Stereo. I play it, expecting horrible re-processed Stereo, it was not 'right', but quite enjoyable, her voice very good, and I don't know how they separated a few instruments to get some left and some right, but they did.

I checked it out, seems original Mono was issued in 1959. This was a re-issue, Stereo, inserted in the original jacket (old stock?) that had Monophonic printed on it.

Another curiosity: Production of Stereo LP began 1958. Prior to that, and in the transition years, big labels had two teams, were recording separate 2 track and 1 track masters.

Rudy Van Gelder, a small producer, the actual recording engineer, decided to record 2 track, produce Mono mix from that, and have the 2 track master for the future.

So, did King records record Esther 2 track in 1959, and issue Mono, and use a 2 track master for the 1987 re-issue, or, a synthetic creation from a mono master?
The English Beat - This is Beat
Day Ray - Snaker's Here
Front Line Assembly - Gashed Senses & Crossfire
Orbital - Middle of Nowhere
Elastica - Elastica
Fontella Bass, The New Look.

A favorite energy boost when working all night in college when it came out in 1966/67

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lyfEcirvOlQtE9cdcF_raMtZytyBMNTnE

My original LP is beat to death, I found a very clean one somewhere, somewhen, oh yeah.
@elliotnewcombjr,

I checked out a few of the songs on the Fontella Bass lp. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Butthole Surfers - Electriclarryland
Mono Men - Have a Nice Day Motherf......
Lazy Cowgirls - A Little Sex and Death
Nearly done with the work week and ready to haul home.
Firing up the rig tomorrow afternoon with another handful of new to me goodies from the West Virginia Badlands.😁😁
You have great taste (IMHO only of course) Reuben!  I love ELO and Little Feat!
Art Garfunkel 
Watermark OP

that distinctive smell still coming from the record pocket of the thick printed inside sleeve of the 1977 Columbia issue, you know....   records: tactile: and sometimes they even smell good.  Take that Spotify....!
@uber,  yes Focus is great.  I love the dynamics and contrasts on that record.  Such great musicianship.  
Georgia Brown - Sings Kurt Weill (London 1962)

Man, they just do not make them like this anymore. Startling clarity. A disgrace what they've done to recording.
@tomic601 thanks bro!  Been traveling.  Nice to be back to my stereo.  
Saw Caroline Spence this week.  Strong voice and such a natural and good person honestly giving of herself in the performance.  What a great woman.  She played a few favorites.  You going to be able to catch her on this tour?
James - the concert and travel schedule is pretty full - just wrapped up a cool Film project, sometimes Grease $ is the job. But I will look at her upcoming shows, thanks for referral 
Uber those kind folk in the hill country are going to start calling you the Floridia Carpetbagger....
Also welcome to all the new posters - y’all playing some great stuff, interesting and new :-)

jim
@spiritofradio,

That's good to hear about Caroline. From listening to her music, I would have expected that.
@tomic601 Cheers. I scrapped my Tidal Hi-Fi subscription as i had no time to indulge!
I should point out that I listen more than I post on this thread. Not always in the mood to list off stuff!