Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Railroad Earth did not disappoint, we didn’t get home till almost 2 AM, They are tight and Jam :-) lots of strong talent with mandolin, fiddle, banjo, various guitars included pedal steel, double bass, elects, etc.. never a dull moment
As much as we prize our records....in the end it's just a record. Relationships are so much more important!
Well Jim, I listened to side one of the Ramones lp. While it's not audiophile quality, it is really about the performance and it's historical significance, well, for me anyway. Supposedly, this recording was sourced from a cassette tape on the mixing boards.

The quality of the vinyl and the pressing is top notch. There you go. Thanks again!
John Prine "S/T" 1971/SD 8296/period pressing/a gift! Actually, the original owner lives in my neighborhood, why more can one ask?
Hello @boxer12,

......gettin’ your system warmed up?
Had any hic-cups with the new arm?

Listening to JP had me wondering how much it sounded like BDylan. Who came first? More importantly..did one or the other have a significant impact?
Hey Slaw, I'm really liking the new arm. One of the more challenging arms (I've owned) to dial in, but it's there now. System is always warm (LOL)
LUNA "Lunafied"  RunOutGroove

Wow! The now OOP lp from our vinyl friends @ ROG.

SQ + EX+
Godspeed You Black Emperor / Slow riot
I've been getting into this "type" of music lately (Swans, Silver Mt. Zion) & really liking it. Kind of like spacey prog if that makes any sense.  
Azure D,Or ..... Renaissance.

Now you want to talk about a female vocalist!
Annie Haslam who used to have a 5 octave range in her prime.
@slaw man that’s cool - glad you are enjoying it ! I wanted to max out in RSD offerings as waited in line two hours - I knew it was a stretch for me... having mixed sound for a Rockabilly/Punk Band eons ago... the Ramones covers were not my cup o tea....

Tomic
Talking of covers.
Have you ever heard the Motorhead covers album?
Under Cover.

I was suitably impressed.
Next up, one of my 50%off Barnes&Noble purchases.

Windy City ..... Alison Krauss
Yes, what a voice...

Renaissance- Ashes Are Burning

( from the dual reissue In The Beginning SWBC-11871)
Windy is sadly my one and only disappointment with my crush on Alison... not the one that Elvis likes, well that other Elvis, you know Diana’s husband...
Tomic
I would have to agree on Windy, good job it was half price....lol.

Glad you also like Renaissance!
Try out Mostly Autumn as well, if you not already familiar.
Heart full of Sky is my favorite album by them.

Hoppkorv ... Hot Tuna
Uber - I was a big Renaissance fan in the Eighties and then just away, I have a few LP and much more on server. Thanks for referring 
Boxer12–i hadn’t heard Pere Ubu in a million years. I had to take Joan Armatrading off the spinner and stream some Pere Ubu for a short revisit. I think I saw them at the Peppermint Lounge a ling time ago. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. 
And now back to vinyl...
dramatictenor, They are one of my current favorites. Would have been great to see them.

Mount Moriah / How to dance 
@slaw I just got the 3 disc Circe set from auction here on Audiogon, great sonics and performances:-)
Is that one a recent re-issue?

I’m currently bidding for a sealed John Prine "Oh Boy".... Will be paying out the a__ for it but I’m treating myself.
Decided to compare the two Teskey Brothers lps, back to back today, so, here goes.....gonna put on "Run Home Slow" first.
Tedeschi Trucks - Signs

and I am instantly transfixed... and transported back to the concert.....
The Teskey's lead singer sounds familiar, similar to the Commiment's singer. Both are great talents!
Just finished "Run Home Slow"

I’m using the same volume level on both lps...@10 o’clock, enough gain to be dynamic yet not so much as to be intrusive.

(BTW: this is the first time I’ve listened with two MyMats. Some may be saying that I’m just self-promoting, well I guess technically it’s true but the fact is, I’d be just as "high" on this product if it wasn’t my baby.)

With a critical ear, there seems to be some slight muddiness, without interfering with overall enjoyment, and yes, I found myself more involved that on past listens.

Up next "Half Mile Harvest"....just cued it up, immediately there was the highly noticeable leading edge of musical instruments struck with a greater transient response.....

Just noticed that "HMH" needs flattening as well.
The end result is fairly easy for me.... "HMH" is the superior recording in terms of SQ. I really enjoy both. Regarding content, I think there's a strong argument for the willingness of the band to try different things on "HMH" as well that make it their gold standard.

Peace!
last lp until Friday...The Commitments (soundtrack) MOV

"may we all find a better frame of mind within the music we hear"
80s disco party is tonite in my dwelling.
Kid Creole
Grace Jones
Supermax (I know it's 70's, but matches so great)
Depeche Mode
Daft Punk
Mahler 1, Boston, RCA.  Reader's Digest Festival of Light Classics, various selections.  Firebird Suite, Shaw/Atlanta, Telarc
Have a great week my friends!
No records for me as now stuck in snowy West Virginia again
Be time for streaming
Enjoy the vinyl!