Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
First real loser from the bargain stash......

Bruce Cockburn - "World of Wonders"

I already own this album and it has a several good tracks. But the bargain bin copy I bought is junk. I'll put it in the Give Away pile and move on.....
Moving on through the bargain bin stash...

Linda Ronstadt - "Hasten Down the Wind"

Truly a great voice.....
@reubent ,

You never told us what happened with "JT"? Meanwhile, I’m going to search for a great lp to play......

Found it. Alan Parsons "The Turn of a Friendly Card"
The last of the bargain bin finds for tonight....

Tom Scott - "Blow it Out"

I liked this record back in my college days in the late '70's/early 80's. Not so much now. To the trade pile it goes...
@slaw - I put JT in the trade pile. The copy is pretty good, but it just didn't move me.
OK, I listened to enough crappy records tonight. Decided to end the night with a great one....

Willie Nelson - "Always on my Mind"

This is a great sounding record. And I love Willie. This is one of my favorite Willie albums.
Thanks @reubent ,

I’m in the mood for some 70’s Manfred Mann..."Watch"...…..on you're mark, get set...……………..
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush "Tales of the Unexpected"  . Bought this when I was in high school. Somehow, I never played it much. Looks pristine.
Hi guys...

Here’s my one time answer. I really don’t sleep well. In addition, my job allows me to set my own hours. Since I’m my mother’s caretaker during the week, I have used this to my advantage. Once one (I) make(s) this a (an) ongoing thing, it becomes natural. So, on weekends, when I have time for myself, I find I have a hard time adjusting to a normal schedule. Hence my odd posting hours. I hope this makes sense.
while I am fortunate to be retired, helping the outlaws in the battle w cancer frequently has me driving them here or there..often in SoCal rush hour...My wife is the real saint tho

when puttering around here I tend to stream Radio Paradise / Tidal in the AM and save LP’s for post dinner.....
@slaw 

Makes perfect sense and I really was just kidding.

Weekend afternoon are never good for me as the better half always wants/ needs attention and honeydew list completing.

And as I get older my ability to stay alive past 11pm nowadays is seriously in peril!

Even though I too sleep for sugar I just end up falling asleep on the sofa, very sad!

😭😭😭
Back to cleaning and listening to the bargain stash. First up tonight......

Kenny Rankin - "Like a Weed"

Was totally unfamiliar with Kenny Rankin and this album. It's pretty good. I think I'll check Spotify for his most popular songs. Might be worthwhile.....
Hummmm, Seems Kenny Rankin has been around for a long time and changed genres kind of mid career. I didn't realize that the Kenny Rankin on this 1972 record - "Like a Weed" was the same Kenny Rankin that did the popular audiophile recording  "Because of You". I remember hearing "Because of You" many times during the mid-'90s at audiophile get-togethers or at audio shows. Never really liked it, but it did have great sound quality. 

Maybe I'll give it another shot......
Continuing through the bargain stash.....

Chris Hillman - "Slippin' Away"

It's Chris Hillman, so it can't be bad...  It's really pretty good. 
Rascalz - "Northern Touch/Solitaire"

From the bargain stash. I don't listen to much Hip Hop, but this is better than most I've heard.

@reubent, if you aren't put off by hardcore Bluegrass, keep a lookout for Chris Hillman's 1980's albums on Sugar Hill Records (not the Rap Sugar Hill, of course!). I love them musically, and the LP's feature great sound quality. Chris was working in a Bluegrass group (The Hillman) when he was invited to join The Byrds, and on the Sugar Hill albums returned to his roots.

His work in The Desert Rose Band is also excellent. Fellow DRB members included Herb Pedersen (a great singer/songwriter. He and Chris have made some albums together), John Jorgenson (a fantastic Telecaster player, and a member of The Hellecasters), and one of the greatest living pedal steel guitarists, Jay Dee Maness.

@bdp24 - "Desert Rose" is in my pile from the big bargain stash I purchased a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get to give it a spin in the next day or so.....
Helped an acquaintance last weekend clean out his storage unit.  He let me keep the records (about 300 in all).  I have been sorting through them in, culling the moldy and otherwise damaged.  All in all, about 20 good ones I will keep with the rest going to the trash or Goodwill 
 Listened to:
The Dillards- Roots and Branches
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Pete Seeger - Songs Of Struggle & Protest: 1930-1950
Pete Seeger - We Shall Overcome

@bdp24 - I played Chris Hillman - "Desert Rose" tonight. Very nice. Really good sound quality, good performances and good music. I wouldn't call it "hardcore" Bluegrass. I'm from Kentucky and I've heard a lot of Bluegrass bands from up in the mountains. Desert Rose is much more polished than the Bluegrass Bands I heard in my youth. I would call it Bluegrass Lite!

Doesn't matter what you call it. It's simply good music IMHO. Unfortunately the cover of the copy I bought (for 15 cents) is pretty trashed. I might look for a better copy, albeit at a much higher price (like $1)!
Little River Band - "First Under the Wire"

From the bargain stash. Some of it is pretty good. Some, not so much....
@reubent, you're right, in the context of Bill Monroe, Jim & Jesse, Flatt & Scruggs, The Louvin Brothers, The Stanley Brothers, Merle Travis, Del McCoury, etc., Chris isn't particularly hardcore. But I used the term with the typical Audiogoner in mind. You're not typical!
Claire Marlo "Let It Go"
Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here"
Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" (the MoFi 45)
Harry "Belafonte at Carnegie Hall"

With a pitcher of Pina colada and some sweet Seattle green.

@millercarbon 

I admire and enjoy your wide interests in music.  It’s seems like a regular thing when I get a smile or a chuckle from the clerk at the record store checkout counter (if they’re not simply scratching their heads in confusion...) over the contrasts and diversity in my purchases.  Maybe you get that from some folks too.  

This weekend I filled my carrier with treasures from Spin Records in Carlsbad.  

Starting into them tonight with Neil Young - “Hitchhiker”

Man oh man he sounds good (young...). Album has been opened and was labeled used but I don’t think it had ever been played.  Sounds like he’s in my living room. 
@jamesclarke Spin is 8 blocks from our Winter place
next time you are here stop by for a listen and a beverage, watch the surf
also check out Lous in Encinitas, Folk Art in SD and Stereo Unlimited bear Sports Arena - they have something like 30 k used records...

@bdp24 What would be the more electric Telecaster oriented Desert Rose to start with ?????

@16f4 don’t give up yet, try a scrub with an enzyme cleaner designed to eat mildetc
use a brush dedicated to that
Nitty Gritty makes an effective enzyme IMO

good on you for helping a friend