Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw It was one of the better shows I've been to. The two of them on stage together, a couple of acoustic guitars each, lots of witty banter, and outstanding performances by them both. 
Seeing the post about Deceptive Bends made me want to listen to some 10CC.  Playing Greatest Hits 1972-1978.
@boxer12 I’ve got Somethin’ Else queued up next. All 3 were brand new. It was a good shipment from Discogs.
Awesome mayor! I rank "Somethin' Else" right up there with "Kind of Blue" 

Kiln / Twin Wheel
@mayoradamwest - Welcome to the "What's on your turntable tonight?" thread. Keep 'em coming.......
Francis A and Edward K 
Equinox 
Boston
Violation
Year of the Cat 

Equinox it turns out was mastered by the great Doug Sax at then called Mastering Labs, later known as The Mastering Lab. As far as I can tell this may be the first time my young ears were introduced to his work. The best of my three pressings reveals his trademark sonic signature even that far back. Lorelei, damn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srEP-vvhTvY
@millercarbon

I’d never heard of Violation. Thanks for the link.
……………………………..
Nicole Atkins "Goodnight Rhonda Lee"
Queen - A Night at the Opera

this is a pristine copy of the 1982 mofi release. Prices are sky high, but I find it a little flat sounding. Suggestions on a better pressing welcome. 
The Who-My Generation.....in mono. Don't know anything much about vinyl but this was new record but the vinyl is thick and heavy. Feels like one of those old 78s. Despite it being in mono it sounds great.
fun day scrounging vinyl...

two gems....not unfairly priced...

Johnny Winter Columbia 9826 from 1969

and

The Super Blues Band
( Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, and Bo Didley )
Checker LPS 3010 ( stereo ) from 1967
Thanks to @reubent I arrived home from a business trip to a stack of new vinyl from insound. 11 new records for 90 something bucks, not too bad. Kinda late so I only got to try one side so I put on side 2 of 

Son Volt  - Live at the Bottom Line 

Interesting mix, kinda missing bottom end but good SQ. Odd, they don't list Eric Heywood,  the pedal steel player from the Jayhawks, who played on the first 3 Son Volt  records on the credits but he is definitely on this live show. I saw two shows from this tour and he played both but I wonder why he got left out. This is the SV lineup I liked the most. 

@reubent thanks again for the heads up on insound!
@6t5-gto
Eric Heywood tours with tours Tift Merritt as well. Son Volt has a new lp coming out soon.
Van Morrison- Tupelo Honey. I like every song on the album. There are a few Morrison album where I don't like any of the songs.
@slaw I saw that SV is coming out with a new one soon. I need to give it a spin. I got mad at Jay when he totally changed the band after Wide Swing. Eric Heywood’s solo on Hanging Blue Side makes the hair on my neck and arms stand up every time, it is AWESOME. and I love his work on the first two records as well. I just never could figure out why he would have split up a band that good. The Boquist bros are awesome.

@tomic601 there are a lot of Son Volt fans on this forum. Trace is one of my favorite collection of songs of all time. Thanks for jumping in.

Tonight-
Rest of this Son Volt live, it sounds more like a bootleg, side 1 is pretty rough (SQ) and unfortunately the record is a bit warped
6t5-gto, Do Make Say Think is a "different" band. They blend rock with jazz... which doesn't sound very unique, but the way the implement it is pretty creative. 

Calexico / Travelall 
Thanks, Boxer 
I will stream a bit and look for them at Waterloo Records next time I am in. 

Ben Webster  - Gone With The Wind  - white vinyl,  SQ is very, very good but unfortunately this is the second title (third LP) from Insound that just arrived that is warped  :(
Okay off-topic (technically this was last night)-

Year of the Cat - just On the Border. Love that one.

Rhythm of the Saints - the first of 3 Side two's I will play tonight where the SQ on that side is so much better you can't believe it.

Mel Torme Swings Shubert Alley - The Velvet Fog in his prime. Gives The Voice a run for his money, and then some.

Fleetwood Mac - The White Hot Stamper. Only the 2nd time I have played this. Was frankly on the fence ready to send it back for a refund. Can any pressing really be worth $300?? After Side 1: Well, yeah, maybe. After Track 1 Side 2: Okay, yeah, I guess. After Track 2 (Landslide): Well, I'll be damned if it isn't a bargain!

Nothing gonna top that. Not tonight anyway. Swirl the last of the cab, drink it down, tenderly tuck the Mac back in, off to bed. Happy dreams. Got that White Hot Stamper in The Room.

Trixie Whitley "Fourth Corner" import
…………………………………….
@millercarbon,

If you have the MFSL, I'd love to hear you're impression on the difference between the MFSL Fleetwood Mac and the WHS
………………………….

@6t5-gto.  yes Trace is a masterwork, have that on server...need to get it on vinyl...I have Melody of Riot on the black disc but I have yet to connect to it....maybe more cabernet or less Rye...not sure.
Lucinda - World without Tears....certainly lit from a fire within...fantastic
@tomic601,

I tried to acquire all of Son Volt on vinyl last year. I think I still need one.
I really like Melody.

Lucinda Williams, well, what can you say?
……………………………….
I noticed your interest on the Primal Scream thread this week. I ordered the vinyl and now have it. I’m going to put it on next.
……………………………….
@6t5-gto,

I own the Son Volt "Live @ the Bottom Line". I remember really liking it. I do need to revisit it as I’ve made several improvements since.
Primal Scream "The Original Memphis Sessions"

I admit I’ve never listened to Primal Scream before. So when I read @maxnewid thread regarding this lost lp, I was intrigued. It comes on lp as a dbl/180 gr. There are 9 songs spread over two lps, so it just makes sense from that aspect it is a 45rpm record.

Having never heard PS and looking at the lp before hearing it, I had unrealistically high expectations. It turns out to be a very fine sounding record. I think I had hoped for a little deeper bass, but this was from my never before hearing PS and comparing it in my mind, to other 45rpm rock records I own. This is one that sounds good at any volume level and I’m sure upon more listens, I’ll enjoy hearing it more & more.