What is the best BNC Digital Cable under $4,000?

I'm looking at the Synergistic Research Galileo UEF Digital BNC. As well as the Wave High Fidelity Cable and the High Fidelity Reveal BNC and the Black Cat Tron Ditial Cables, respectively.  What do you consider the best Digital BNC cable under $4K?
mrc4u
mzkmxcv777 posts
@geoffkait
Still, you believe data cables can alter tonal balance, stereo separation, etc.? If so, I ask for an explanation as to how it can actively alter a digital transmission.

Data cables DO alter tonal balance and separation.
How ..? I don't care!
Message to mzkmxcv .... If your ears or system (or both) are inadequate, do not disagree with people who have both performing far higher than you can possible perceive, or understand. It is beyond you - just accept it, and do not advertise your inadequacies to the world and his dog.

You lost me at "I'm an electrical engineer" but my eyes were too fast and caught "please" which is begging and "trust me" which my brain automatically inserts "and the last thing you want to do is" in front of, ditto "the best", because it knows the only way this can be true is if the guy first established his listening chops by having laid out all the great wire he's compared. Which never happened. So it really is begging after all. And trust, that's faith. So what are we talking here? Engineering? Or faith?? 

What's truly amazing is my brain does all this way faster than it takes to explain. So virtually all the time wasted here was writing up this critique of why engineering has so very little to do with listening.
I’m an electric engineer and please trust me, the best Digital BNC cable what you can get is the Canare BNC cables (Japan). It is the best cable under 4000$, for about 30$-40$. If you buy something else for more money the best what you will get a Canare with different label and outer skin.

Please don’t think there is correlation between prices and cable quality over 40$.

If your Streamer and DAC has USB input as well, please use that instead of SPDIF Coax/BNC. USB is asynchronous by standard, it means your DAC will resync the incoming digital signal, so USB is not sensitive for incoming jitter from the streamer.

SPDIF Coax/BNC is synchronous in theory (DAC will use what arrived, when arrived), but best DACs resync it like at the USB.

Anyone who thinks a digital cable sends ones and zeros down a wire has no idea how digital audio works.  A digital cable carries an analog wave which is an imperfect representation of a digital square wave, and carries a bunch of noise. 

I suggest watching the excellent video which explains all this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grzoqEb2KMk
Myself I use Kimber Cable D60 Data cable with BNC connectors to RCAs on the D60.
BNC adapters can be purchased on Amazon or Audio Advisor online.
Interesting that there are digital cables that can add a "1" here and a "0" there to give warmer sound and higher resolution. Need to invest.
Not just adding a "1" here and a "0" there, adding them exactly where they are needed.

Post removed 
When I was comparing many RCA digital cables years ago the High Fidelity Cables were substantially better than anything else. I would get one of their RCA models and put BNC adapters on them.

Also, I am not talking about the new HFC 'Reveal' cheapo line, which does not even compete with the original CT-1. Try to get a CT-1 Ultimate or above. I use a CT-1 Ultimate Reference.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BWC5ZTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can buy two packs of ferrite cores and apply to Blackcat Silverstar II to prevent RF noise.

I have already done that with slight improvement .
Here is a reply to skeptics of digital cable improvements by a Wave Fidelity representative:

---------

This is not about ones and noughts. Specifically with the dual BNC connectors between the Chord Blu Mk2 MScaler and the Dave DAC it is about using the cables to filter out RF common mode noise produced by the MScaler. The Blu Mk2 MScaler and Dave are awesome with just standard BNC cables but when the RF noise is removed it really produces the ‘icing on the cake’.

My WAVE STORM Reference cables remove all the RF noise and the resulting darkness and depth of sound is so obvious that can be almost too much for some listeners who crave the false detail and shimmer produced by the RF noise. Hence I think the comments in the review where some slightly brighter cables are preferred but what you get with my cables is 100% of the digital signal and nothing else. If the sound is too dark then that is because that is on the master tape. Keep listening and the ear / brain will adjust and reveal the true fine detail which was being masked by the RF noise.

Many other devices have RF noise and that is why cables which filter the RF are so beneficial within a system, not only between Blu Mk2 / Dave but also elsewhere.

I understand that. I've been an audiophile for well over 25 years. My question was based on individuals' experiences with various digital cables.

Thanks for giving me yours.
Digital cable is no magic bullet.

Digital signal can be only as good as the quality of  your digital source.
If you want deeper soundstage, you had better upgrade to Dave.

The difference made by digital cable is subtle not huge.

But Dave will impress you.

I replaced Zenwave D4 with Sablon Panetta BNC half hour ago.

Thus I am using two Sablon Panetta BNC upfront.

Then it sound more refined with clear and deeper soundstage.

I think it is a waste of money spending on expensive digital cables costing 1K or more on each.

You had better spend the money on upgrade of DAC or source like decent music server or CD Transport.
i use my own brand
canibefrank digital
the secret sauce?
you get bit perfect 1s and 0s
and a few random select 2s to warm it up
a rare 3 to keep it exciting
I've heard the Black Cat TRON users say that it has a deeper soundstage than the SilverStar 75 or Digit 75.  Has anyone here used the Synergistic Research Digital BNC cables before?
I had been using Blackcat Silverstar II for 4 months.

It has nice details. focus and decent soundstage but with slight hard edges.

Sablon Panetta BNC  has all the good things of Silverstar II with refined treble.
I have tried many digital cables and the  MIT Oracle MA-X always comes out as the top performer. Another AGON member has the BNC version for sale. They seem pricy, but after you hear what they are capable of relative to other cables the decision will be obvious.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9e9jb-mit-cables-oracle-ma-x-digital-bnc-1-5m-reduced-digital
I used a Belden 1694A digital cable for a few years between my streamer (raspberry pi, HIFIBERRY DIGI+ PRO,  iFi iPower DC Power Supply) and dac (sim audio 380 DSD).   I was very happy with its sound and you can't beat the cost.

I've been able to hear differences between interconnects and speaker cables since I got into this hobby many many years ago, but never bothered with any expensive digital cables as I just assumed it wouldn't make a difference carrying a digital signal. 

After being enamored with the magic of Shunyata ZTRON ICs, Speaker, and Power cables in my system, I decided to try their cheapest at the time digital cable the Cobra (purchased used knowing I could flip it pretty easy if I heard no difference), and I was amazed at the difference I could hear compared to the Belden.    I then flipped the Cobra to try the Python, and again I could hear a difference; maybe a little smaller this time.  I then flipped it to buy the Anaconda, and again I could hear a difference; small but there.  I've settled on the Anaconda and am very happy with it relative to the price I paid for it, and relative to what I paid for the other cables in my system based on the improvements I could detect.

It would be interesting to know if I had a much more expensive streamer (i.e. something inline with my DAC price wise) if I would hear the same differences I did between the digital cables.
Observation: since digital cables are directional just like any other cable or power cord or fuse it’s probably rational to assume that it’s the quality of the voltage and current traveling through the digital cable that’s the case, not 1s and 0s. You know, 1s and 0s would be still 1s and 0s no matter which direction the digital cable was connected. 
Shkong78,

The  Sablon Panetta BNC is one that I'm strongly considering.  I have the Black Cat SilverStar 75 MKII and love it!  But I was recently given that recommendation as well.  I'm thinking about going with the TRON.

So would you mind expounding on the Sablon a bit more, especially compared to the SilverStar?
4K USD I will get a used baby grand piano. No electronics just acoustic wave to my ear. 100% pure music.
https://www.ramelectronics.net/BBP.aspx

This is really bang for the price.

This one give warm and round sound with deep and wide soundstage.

While Blackcat Silverstar II is pretty good for the price with lot of details, it tend to show slight hard edge.

Now pair of Ram BNC cables are placed between Dave and Mscaler.

I use Sablon Panetta BNC between Jays CDT2 and Lyngdorf 2170( just room correction only ).

I also use Zenwave D4 digital cable between digital output of Lyngdorf and Chord Mscaler.

This combination give best overall sound to balance details and warmness with super wide and deep soundstage.

Thomas
I wouldn't spend $4K on any digital cable. But I don't need to.

The best digital cable I've heard (I have the RCA version, but BNC is easily available) is the Oyaide 1.3 meter DR-510 coax cable. It's silver and sounded so much better than others here that I put it IMS & haven't touched it in 3+ yrs.

The BNC version is 1.3 meter DB-510. You can find it on eBay for under $200.
Why would a recording studio have any digital cable, even a $10 one? 🤔
Post removed 
Maybe those who can hear changes in quality data cables, sending binary have superior hearing to the guy who spends $50 for cable..

If you can hear a difference and have the extra $1000s laying around for cables, that also means you are a real audiophile with superior senses.

How good an audiophile can you afford to be? How good can you afford to hear?

Hate to be sarcastic but the hobby is not served well by all the BS..

Some of the decline since the 1980s is due to this ridiculousness, imho..

Its a really strange new science.. The deeper the pockets, the better the ability to hear fine details in digital cables. Who would have guessed there is a relationship?

A four thousand dollar digital cable for preserving an unimprovable sequence of 1s and 0s,  You guys are hilarious.  Thanks for the entertainment.
I fell in LOVE with the Grover Huffman: Pharaoh!

Triode Wire Labs: Spirit 75 I'd also VERY GOOD!

These of course; referring to integration with my components:
Simaudio Moon 260D(T) to Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC.

A lot of the reputable Cable Vendors have a good exchange/trial policy.
Test and keep the cables that are the right sound for you.

axeis1
To the several folks that say it’s only carrying ones and zeroes please cut open the cable and tell me if 1’s and 0’s fall out. Digital cable is carrying analog electrical pulses that represent digital.

>>>>That’s so true. CDs don’t contain 1s and 0s either. The laser reading process is strictly analog. I.e., it’s not only the sequence of reflections and non reflections that’s important but also the length of each, which varies, both of which are predetermined. It’s a little complicated. The conversion to a digital stream occurs downstream. So, whoever said timing is critical is correct.
To the OP,  I would move up to Digit 75. To the several folks that say it’s only carrying ones and zeroes please cut open the cable and tell me if 1’s and 0’s fall out. Digital cable is carrying analog electrical pulses that represent digital.
Mzkmxcv765 has indicated that to his ears, the Belden cable is the best. I have compared  belden cables to other brands and belden has  been on the bottom of my list. Belden is usually priced on the low side, so if $$$ are a big concern, by all means, audition them. If you have $400 to $4000 to spend, there are many other cables that will be better, sonically and physically (IMO). I haven’t seen WBT connectors on Belden or on other cheaper cables and connectors can/do make a difference. In fact, wbt cable ends probably will cost much more than the Belden cable itself.
mzkmxcv765 posts06-04-2019 9:36pm@geoffkait 

Sighted listening tests are useless data unless combined with double-blind, quick-switching, and level-matched, as a way to demonstrate bias. 

>>>>If you can’t tell the difference between a change in the sound and some sort of psychological hobgoblin then I probably can’t help you.
@geoffkait

Sighted listening tests are useless data unless combined with double-blind, quick-switching, and level-matched, as a way to demonstrate bias.

@pokey77

An answer to OP was pretty much given by others (who believe in differences), in that it is so heavily a system/personal dependent, that one cannot say which is best, only giving their testimonials on what they have heard, or simply listing everything that is available and telling OP to audition.

There is no actual answer to which digital BNC cable is the “best” for <$4000. 

My recommendation would be the BJC Belden 1694A BNC cables.
Arggh. Hate when that happens. Meant to say "Let's be helpful to the OP, not hi-jack their thread."
@mzkmxcv - please stop with the "that's not proof though". The only proof needed is for you to hear a difference that is worth paying for. See @geoffkait comment above.

Agreed, please, please stop with all this off-track discussion and get back to the OPs question. I did address this with my last post and hope it was in some way helpful to the OP. Let's be helpful to the OP, not hi-jack therir 
So far "pro-audio", "confirmation bias" and the Mona Lisa have been mentioned in this thread. I ask you fellow ’goners, has "expectation bias" slipped through the cracks? Someone needs to cite "expectation bias" soon or it will feel left out.

There is no proof of anything in audio. There is evidence, though. Empirical evidence such as listening tests appear to support the proposition that there are differences between all types of cables. Speaker cables, interconnects, digital cables, power cords, Ethernet cables, HDMI cables. And there are audible difference in plain old wires, too. If someone can’t hear differences in any of those things he’s in the very small minority and is therefore an outlier. And thus can be thrown out. We’re all quite familiar with the Juror no. 3 from 12 Angry Men, “You can’t prove it!”
Can this thread go back to the ops original question, meaning folks giving their views on specific cables instead of this current line of measurements blah blah blah blah.
@pokey77  

well, seems this has turned into the devolving topic of "prove it works to me". Well, the only way it can be proved to anyone is to listen with your own ears. A few have suggested that in a polite manner.

That’s not proof though, that’s a subjective evaluation. It shouldn’t be that hard to explain if a digital cable can sound different than another other than “You have to hear it to believe it.” I don’t have to see televisions in person to know which is better, resources like Rtings take the guesswork and faith/belief out. 

The factor of electrical noise has been given, and I agree different digital cables have varying levels of noise rejection, but if for normal length even Amazon Basics puts the noise well below audible thresholds, then we kind of have an answer.
I am told that WireWorlds new Series 8 coax is extremely close, yet ic compatible with more kit.  
Dear Op

There is no best cable for everybody.

It depends on system and personal taste.

Also, law of diminishing return applies.

It is not the case that 2,000$ cable is always better than 1,000S cable.

I had got my Dave and M scaler only one week ago.

But I am in the process of comparing pairs of Blackcat Silverstar II and Sablon Panetta BNC cables between  Dave and Mscaler.

You had better try out some cables in your system to find out what you like.

Thomas
Thank you Pokey,

It does appear this topic stirs passions?  I would like to say I never claimed to have paid $4K for a cable, but if I decided to that would be my personal business.  My quest is to find one that is considered the best based on others experiences.  For those who believe there isn't a difference, I don't begrudge them of their beliefs but it seems a bit counterproductive to come on a thread and assume others do not based on data that they believe is the gospel.

With that stated, I hope we can get back on topic and leave the point-counterpoint banter and simply give helpful advice (and ignore it altogether if you can't).
@mzkmxcv - well, seems this has turned into the devolving topic of "prove it works to me". Well, the only way it can be proved to anyone is to listen with your own ears. A few have suggested that in a polite manner.

@mrc4u - I'd suggest you talk to Steve at Empirical Audio. He makes several BNC cables including his reference cable at $510 and a lesser cable to for $285; so they are well within your budget. Though I've not heard either one, Steve has a deep understanding in the digital realm. See this page. http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/synchro-mesh
@cleeds

As I’ve continually asked, what contradicting data, other than testimonial?

Testimonials are subjective, so I would like quick-switching and double-bling testing of such digital cables if one suggests the objective data (measurements) are incorrect.

I’ll use the same analogy, what makes such a claim by those that have heard differences in digital cables any different than testimonials for Balance Bracelets? Our brains are easily tricked, visually (what color is the dress), audibly (Yanny vs Laurel), physically (hammer on the fake hand), and mentally (pharmaceuticals and homeopathy).
mzkmxcv
Why would I need to do such testing when measurements can be done ...
You don’t need to do anything at all. You’re free to embrace some data collected by others while ignoring other data that conflicts with your blind Faith. There's absolutely no need for you to actually listen to the product under discussion here, or to perform your own measurements. No problem, I respect your Faith.

What’s odd - other than the fact that you don’t seem to much care for listening - is this proclamation that you insist others observe:
Unless it was double-blind and quick-switching, one cannot make factual statements, only subjective.
@cleeds

Why would I need to do such testing when measurements can be done? Listening tests for audibility thresholds are one thing, but as the data hasn’t shown the differences to be anywhere near audibility thresholds, it would be mostly a worthless exercise as the results can be accurately predicted.

It’s like saying one television looks better than another, yet measurements show near identical performance, and yet you say I can’t claim they look identical if I haven’t personally seen both. 

Just like how one digital audio cable can’t widen the soundstage or music, one HDMI cable can’t have a more vivid image than another. The quality of the HDMI can’t effect pixel data, so visual testing is unnecessary, unless one claims differences do exist.