Sonus Faber speaker boxes worth $1200 ?

Right now there is a guy in Columbus Ohio selling Sonus Faber speaker boxes and manual on ebay, asking $895.00 plus $300.00 for shipping, just for the boxes. I know it's nice to have the original boxes especially for shipping but am I missing something?  Apparently, there have been problems with insurance when expensive items packed by the seller arrive damaged. I was advised that original factory boxes solve that problem but are the original boxes really worth that much?   
128x128dwhess
I see nothing wrong with this picture. It's a supply and demand problem. I am sure there will be someone who may pay this price if they really needed/ wanted the item. I'd rather have an option to buy something at a high and potentially unfair price than not having an option. Seller isn't forcing anyone to buy it. Thank god for free markets. 
Boxes or Crates?  Many times it is the inner packing that is more of a priority than the external sides.
I had water damage to my Olympica III boxes and had them replaced through my insurance.
My stereo store ordered them for me. They cost $300 each.
I had shipping crates made for a pair of C8 mono pre amps and a pair of MC30s in Brazil, 1976. It cost me 35.00 usd. I sold the sealed rosewood crates for 600.00, 20 years later.. The gear inside, 10 years before that.

Regards
Seems a bit... dear. As others have suggested: Check with an SF dealer. FWIW I still have the boxes for all my gear including my Acoustat 1+1's. IMHO, nothing will protect your investment like original packing.

Which reminds me I need to get boxes for my ARC SP11.
Happy listening.
Wow - prefabricated styrofoam and cardboard - and I thought BITCOIN was on a rampage?
Who could have known...?
“Called my local SF dealer and he can get me boxes for $250 shipped”  well, there you go then. 
Well they for the SF Amati Futura.

Still think he is a gouging tool.

Called my local SF dealer and he can get me boxes for $250 shipped.

Which model of SF speakers are they for?  $1200 might not be too bad if they're for a set of Strad's or Elipsa's.  I would want them to be perfect and include each piece of internal packing, though.
That seems awfully high. Have you called a dealer and asked what they can sell them for?