Just received my new Luxman CL-1000 pre-amp.

Took the plunge and went for Luxman’s new flagship CL-1000 pre-amp. My preceding unit was the c900u and it’s as good everyone says. So what are my initial thoughts on the CL-1000 with less 20 hours on it: pure path into the music with a naturism only one who hears it will be able to understand how good it’s. Startling when the music matches its powers of emotion it can deliver on voices, drums and every instrument the recording has to offer. As good as the C900u is the CL-1000 is clearly a big step up! Only two complaints: no remote ( they didn’t want anything to interfere with their new SOTA
volume control) and no mute button. I can live with these minor inconveniences considering what it brings to the table. I’m not a dealer or associate with Luxman in anyway. I’ll keep posted updates on the unit once it has been fully broke in.
hiendmmoe
Please keep us posted on sound after some break-in. Been eyeing this preamp forever.
If you read Art Dudley's last review it was on this Pre-Amp. This Pre was specifically made and voiced to be paired with the Luxman 300B Tube Amp (MQ 300).

Sadly Art didnt think he was missing anything when comparing it to his Shindo Monbrison which is near the middle of the pack of Shindo's pre lineup. You can buy those for 5-6K used on a regular basis. The Luxman has a 20K Price Tag. Glad you love it but I find it odd that it "smokes" your 900U but Art found it on par with his middling Shindo. What Luxman Amp were you pairing this with...the MQ 300??   Glad to your ears your getting your money's worth anyway
When you refer to powers of emotion one assumes you do not have a CD system, right?
Thanks for the information. I have thought about the CL-1000 too, but can't get past the lack of a remote control

How does the phono stage in the CL-1000 compare to the EQ-500 phono stage?
Congrats and glad you're enjoying the new Luxman! This does have me thinking I'd love to hear someone's review of the MQ-300.
I’m running it with a M900U amplifier and Clearaudio innovation turntable with universal tone arm. Other components as follows: Luxman d08u CD player, kiseki Purple Heart NS, Focal Maestro 111 speakers, PS audio P20.
The CL-1000 breaths life into what ever format of music you through at it. CD’s spring to life that once only sounded ok. It’s like your listening to music in a place and time you have never been before.
Congrats on the purchase. I heard the CL-1000 at my local dealer some months back. It was hooked up to the MQ-300 amp. I can't remember the speaker but the detail of the music was incredible. He only had it for a few weeks so it wasn't fully broken in but this preamp can stand up to any preamp on the market. Way out of my price range but I'm happy w/the little brother the 38 SE. Like to hear more analysis after it's fully broken in.
luxmancl38
He only had it for a few weeks so it wasn’t fully broken in but this preamp can stand up to any preamp on the market. 

>>>>>That’s very comforting to know.
Yay! Congrats on the new Luxman! I'm new to Luxman as well---just purchased my first piece. I shopped around and did my research and got a L505uxii integrated amp. Wow! The music sounds so fluid and natural. Even my husband (who's not an audiophile) noticed the difference from my old system. He definitely prefers the Luxman. Apparently it takes about 100 hrs to burn in. I'm only about 20 hours in as well and can only imagine what it will be like later. Enjoy!!
@hiendmmoe Congrats. I am looking for a preamp at the moment so will look in on the specs on the CL-1000 but may be happy with the C900u.
I’ve yet to explore my options moving on from an Ayre K-3x on my 2nd system.
Look forward to further correspondence. 🇦🇺
I too researched integrated amps before deciding on the Luxman 505uXII and love it. I like that it has bass and treble controls and the meters give it a kind of classic vintage look. Very natural sounding. Mine came directly from Japan via EBay and requires a  power converter. 
It’s too bad that the CL-1000 has no remote control. That’s unfortunately a deal breaker for me. I understand why not but all I need/want is volume control.
The sound quality is everything.  Not much effort to get up from your chair to adjust volume manually.  Often you know the setting on the vol control for each recording, so you could just keep the vol control set and merely turn the power amp on/off.  If you remember that a particular recording is mastered at a high vol, you could take the precaution of turning the vol down for that one, but many recordings are mastered at comparable levels, so that is not needed.
OMG!!  I had a CL-1000 back in the 80's!  It was solid state.  Looks identical.  I think it was around , $1000.00?  The mute function was hidden on the volume control.  You would tap on the control knob.  I thought the cl-32 (tube) sounded better.  Will admit, I bought it because it matched the M-4000 power amp I already owned..

Kingsley, what you had was the C-1000 not the CL-1000. It only looks like the CL-1000. Sonically they couldn’t be more different. Besides being a tube pre-amp the CL-1000 was designed around transformer coupled volume control.
Also SOTA parts implementation today are above and beyond what was used in the 70’s. It may look similar, but that’s as far as their similarities go.
I made my first real hi end audio  purchase in the 80's for a Luxman piece. Sounded so smooth and natural, had the caps done and more fifteen years later and kept using it, loved that amp sound.
Phono stage is unbelievable in CL-1000. I was wary since I’d be replacing the Luxman eq500 for it, but it’s a step up from the eq500 in every way. Much quieter  and better focus are the main improvements. I know it has a lot to do with the line stage, but they knew what they were doing when designing the phono stage.
I have been thinking about purchasing the C 900-u for my second system. This has been an interesting read. I looked at the CL 1000 and passed, not because of the lack of remote control. I at one time owned Tube Research Labs gear and my GT 200 preamp was of the non-remote type. My issue is the TVC’s (transformer volume controls).
I’m aware that many believe they are more sonically transparent than resistor arrays. I owned the Music First Audio Reference TVC and liked it so much I also purchased, directly from MFA, the Baby Reference that Sam Tellig reviewed claiming “I have not heard a better preamp, and I’ve been looking for more than 30 years.”. My issue was that after building a custom tubed preamp with resistor based volume control (albeit an insane resistor based volume control) I found the TVC’s to obfuscate minutiae in the music. TVC’s can sound incredible as they have an innate ability to almost act like a sonic expander on the music but my experience has been that they will hide that last little bit of information (miles of wire, hysteresis).
After reading and re-reading the 6 Moons reviews on the original and then the upgraded Wyred4 Sound STP-SE series I decided to give it a try. All the information was there and the fullness of the TVC. I made the purchase and haven’t looked back.

I also own the Luxman EQ 500, along with the AMR PH 77 and an iPhono3 Black Label. The EQ 500 is better than most phono stages I’ve experienced and is dead quiet as in you wouldn’t know it was powered up.

highendmmoe:
Did you compare the EQ 500 side by side with the CL 1000’s phono stage in the same system? I have a hard time imagining any phonostage being “much quieter” than the EQ 500. Hard to imagine the built in stage could compete with the EQ 500 as I’ve found few that can including the ARC Ref 10 I just auditioned. I should mention that I have changed the awful JJ Electronics tubes in my EQ 500 for the Psvane Black Treasure MKII series tubes and the rectifier has been changed to a NOS Mullard along with 4 AMR MKII Gold fuses and one Audio Magic Ultra Bees Wax fuse. The difference in sound from stock tubes and fuses is massive! So we may be talking apples and oranges if you are running stock tubes/fuses.

Either way congratulations, I’m looking forward to getting the C900-u in for my second system. If it doesn’t beat the STP-SE Level 2, I will be adding a second Wyred4 Sound. 
Enjoy.
I own the MQ 300 and would love to get the CL 1000 as I think it’s a perfect match.
According to this thread:
https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?p=997830

The phono-stage in the CL-1000 is ported from the E-250, so I’m surprised it beats the EQ-500.

Congrats on your new get!
I just got my CL-1000 2 days ago and I have been listening to it with the MQ-300 driving Devore Super 9. I thought the difference with the CL- 38uSE was going to be subtle but it is actually very noticeable. Sound is richer more controlled and more detailed. I am using the phono section with a EMIA copper SUT.
The dac is TotalDac.
I recently got myself a CL1000 to run with my Zanden 6000 amplifier and Fleetwood speakers. All I can say is that it is a serious upgrade in terms of musicality from the C900U I had before. The C900 is awesome, but the CL1000 is like moving from digital to analog. There is just something more “real” about the sound. Additionally, it is amazingly quiet - absolutely zero tube noise whatsoever. Last night I was listening to Steely Dan Aja and was just amazed at the depth of the soundstage - the music sounded like it was coming from 10’ behind the speakers. 
My big question is - has anybody tried rolling the stock tubes in the CL1000? I usually like 60s Amperex the best and am trying to figure out what to put in. I know Luxman probably tests and only uses the best of the EC88CCs that they get on these, but my experience with upgrading tubes on their EQ-500 is that it made a much bigger difference than swapping cables. I’m certain a set of better tubes will only improve the CL1000. 
Any ideas appreciated, and I will check back in when I have experience with a set of new old tubes. 
#viber6

Just a thought, but...

Before you judge a person, walk a mile in their shoes

I am looking at this to drive my Sonus Faber Il Cremonese.  Does the unit have Home Theater Pass through?  Do you use it with Roon?  Are you able to use the Roon volume control to manage the volume?  Does it hurt the sound?  The unit looks great, but I need Home theater pass through.  What Amp you using?  Are you still happy with the unit?

@hiendmmoe  That's the update now on the soundstage.

Also can you bear with the no remote pre?