Best Phono Preamp mm/mc under $3500.00 used

If you have tried several phono preamps in your system please ranked your favorites? My phono is AMG Giro, 9WT Arm and AMG Turbo cable.

128x128gerrym5

Audio Research. In reverse order of preference: PH2, PH2SE, PH3, PH3SE, PH8, REF3, REF3SE.

Post removed 
Post removed 

my favorites have been both solid state (i don’t want tubes in the phono stage) -- lehmann decade and ayre px5e - organic sounding dead quiet plenty plenty of gain and adjustability

Not made anymore but folks loved the Herron VTPH-2a.

Here is a used one.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649966176-herron-vtph-2/

Allnic 1202 also nice.

+1 for the Herron.

I currently run a Nagra BPS which I love. It reproduces instrument tone better than anything else I’ve heard.

In that price range a Manley Chinook SE would also be a must audition.

ARC PH7 or PH8 in that price range.  I had a PH7 and a friend of mine is getting ready to list one on Friday.  Very musical phono stage.

I didn't like the Parasound but love the PS Audio Stellar....Nice and musical with my Hana MC and ortofon Blue MM. Very flexible unit.....return it if you don't like it...you'll love it. $2500

Typically one of the goals in audiophilea is accurate reproduction of the original material. Using a preamp with the various equalization used (RIAA, Columbia, Decca) , helps get you there and adapt to cross produced albums such as Beatles rereleased in the USA. Gold Note varieties with external power supply PH-10 is amazing and versatile. I’ll never get a phono preamp without these equalizations

The Modwright PH 9.0X is excellent. I preferred it over the Parasound JC3+ and the Pass XP-15. 

Some good recommendations here.  I tried...

Gold Note PH-10 with PSU

Allnic H-5500

Conrad Johnson TEA2SE

Aesthetix Rhea Signature

They were all pretty great, albeit different, but I bought the Aesthetix and I love it.

Love my Parasound JC3+ phono preamps.  One is used with my Hana Umami, the other is used with a Sound Smith Paua and an MIMC mono.  I had no idea vinyl could sound so good.

Zesto Andros 1.2.  Beautiful sounding tube phono stage.  I have it feeding a D'agostino Momentum HD and MxV monos.  It isn't over matched or outclassed at all.

Never got along with the Parasound JC3+ thought it was noisy. Now the Gold Note PH-10 is wonderful, dead quiet and so versatile.

The Gold Note is definitely dead quiet.  If you need a phono stage that pulls out all the detail, the GN will do that for you.  The GUI is quite nice as well.  I really liked it a lot...I was just looking for more warmth and soundstage.