Best new tube amp under $1500?

I just picked up a beautiful pair of Alon II speakers. According to the designer himself (Carl Marchisotto), these really shine with tube amplification. So any recommendations for something new, under $1500, that I can play moderately loud, and can handle the Alon IIs 4 ohm load? Oh, and I'd like the amp to possess as much SS-like dynamics and bass control as possible for the money.
dbxdx5
I read those are ~ 87db efficient and the load can go down to 4 ohms.

Off the cuff, that sounds like a challenge that might require a larger more pricy tube amp to truly conquer.

Could alow wattage SET for example get much out of the Alons?

Rogue is a line that I might take a look at for a true tube amp solution in teh genereal price range.

Not a tube amp but designed to have a lot of tube amp sonic attributes in conjunction with the strengths of SS are the TAD 125 Hibachi monoblocks. These can be a steal in terms of performance. While not quite the workhorse of many SS amps into a 4 ohm load, I would expect these to be a viable option to a tube amp for an application like yours, which is similar to mine where I wanted some tube amp sonic attributes in an inexpensive package with ability to drive inefficient Stax headphones well and also with potential to run larger less efficient speakers also if needed in a crunch.
I agree with Mapman. 87db, 4 ohm "nominal" impedance and 10" woofer in a sealed enclosure means a much more expensive tube amplifier.

"I'd like the amp to possess as much SS-like dynamics and bass control as possible for the money."

I have typically found tube amplification to be superior to SS in terms of dynamics.
Seriously consider a JWN tube amp by Jim Nicholls. All his amps accept a variety of tubes and are all autobias even when changing tube types. They're extremely robust and all come with a liftime warranty on labor,and very reasonably priced. The only negative is the wait time which can be several months as this is a side business for Jim

jwnamplifiers.vpweb.com/
you may want to consider Speltz autoformers to raise the impedance of the speakers and tighten the bass

agree with above, it would be difficult to find a worthy tube amp for $1500 (especially new)

fwiw
Might profit you to call Steve Monte at Quest for Sound. His SQ-88 tube integrated amp at 55 watts per channel may work well. At any rate, Steve is a great guy to speak with and a wonderful resource. Good hunting.
I run 87db speakers with my Rogue Cronus Magnum and they sing! Plenty of power at 90 wpc.

Bump your budget by $500 or try and find one used. You won't regret it.
Boost your budget $500 and find a used ARC VT100 Mk 2 or VT60 at your price point...or Sonic Frontiers Power 1....yeah, they are used but you will get so much more performance.
Rogue M-120 can be found in your price range used. 120 watts in ultralinear and 60 watts in triode. Having the triode option would be nice. There's one in the classifieds right now. I have no connection to the seller.

An excellent SS alternative is a Sunfire 300. These things sound amazing and have vast power reserves. They're smooth and non-fatiguing with a subtle warmth. They can handle loads down to 1 ohm. Many folks believe these are Bob Carver's best work. They come up used for around $700-800.

FWIW, I have Alons and switched from tubes to Sunfire.
I HAVE THE ALON II AND THE ALON IV'S THEY NEED A LOT OF POWER TO MAKE THEM SHINE.....FOR IV'S ARE ON A C/J 2500A SS, WITH C/J PV12....THE II'S ARE ON A C/J 2300A WITH C/J PV 10L, AND SURPRISING SOUND REAL GOOD. THE 2300A HAS A MOSFET/JFET DESIGN AND IS MORE MIDRANGE TO HIGHS TYPE OF AMP....BUT GET SOME THING POWERFUL LIKE THE JOHN CURL DESIGN A21 AMP WHICH IS PRETTY GOOD AND NOT TO EXPENSIVE....LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU CHOOSE..
Kennesawjet please stop yelling we understand you. That all caps is tough on the eyes to read.

For me I think one should look at the Jolida JD-502P tube amplifier. It can use the more powerful Tung Sol KT-120 and even the Tung Sol KT-150 tubes for more power. For the amp and the tubes you can get it for just under $1500 new.
There are very few recent reviews of anything from Jolida which is a shame. I have the same model of 502p that Jedinite24 uses...bought new with the factory upgrades (inexpensive) and have had tube rolling fun with the thing for a couple of years as it's a clean little powerhouse. I recently listened to a Rogers amp costing about 15 times as much, and my reaction was a big MEH...Jolidas are a steal and around half the price of even Prima Luna's well designed, extremely hyped, and often reviewed gear.
Hi Wolf,
I learned quite some time ago that higher cost doesn't always equate to superior sound quality (although it should). Was the Rogers amplifier on a speaker familiar to you? I know sometimes it can be an incapatable/poor match of amp and speakers.
Charles,
I've used the jolida 502 p with my 4 ohm maggies 1.7 for almost a year now and been very pleased. So much so that i hardly ever use my cj mf2300a mentioned by another poster.
The Rogers amps are extremely well made, and the one I listened to sounded great hooked up to much more precious gear than I own (this was at Stereo Exchange in NYC with a REALLY annoying sales dude who would not leave me alone and basically ruined my accidental visit). The takeaway of this experience is my feeling fine about my gear pile's ability to make music sound like music and not merely sound, at a fraction of the cost of what I heard from the Rogers based rig.