A $349 record brush

In the current Absolute Sound Product of the Year section. They picked the Ramar Record Brush No. 1. Seems like most of the cost is a result of the wood casing. Claims it can get every single atom of dust. I thought my Hunt EDA Mark 6 was expensive. Anyone getting this under the Christmas Tree??

luxmancl38

I have it for 1 year and it is by far the best.I also have the Levin which is very good.I am a LP person it is well worth it for me. Using TW AC3 turntable with TW 10.5 arm with top cartridge Transfiguration.

So spending $350.00 on a brush is crazy and $199.00 on a fuse??

I can see the value in the brush the fuse not so much. IMHO.

The Absolute Sound is not relevant to me.  That place is in la la land.  

The Absolute Sound is not relevant to me.  That place is in la la land.  

Where is the "Like Button"?

BillWojo

team fuse argument is IF you have not tried it how can you weigh in on virtue and value ?. seems like the brush, any brush would stand up to similar argument… 

IF going down the Audioquest route, get the latest w grounding / conductive handle…

I am a Robot giving you tge brush off…

You can get a entry level record cleaning machine for that kind of money. What was that famous line P.T. Barnum used to say?

@tomic601 

IF going down the Audioquest route, get the latest w grounding / conductive handle…

This is the brush I use. Received it as a Christmas gift last year, off of my very detailed Amazon Wishlist. Been using it in ignorant bliss ever since. Maybe I should have asked for a $350 brush and used it as a bargaining chip...

@reubent like your strategy, may send an addendum to Santa…..

i am a speck of dust in the robotic realms 

Nah. Ya need this. Better Value, & works faster. Guaranteed to remove the finest of dust particles. Truly Audiophile Approved. A less expensive model is available but due to the lack of filtration, it is not Audiophile Approved

Record Duster....Can also double as

@aberyclark I had one of those Ronco Vacs in the day.

@artemus_5 can I buy the less expensive one and put my N95 mask on it?

I am a tube bot.