805D4 Cosmetic Issues

Damaged parts

Normal parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHgc9uB1SQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH7gpYeX6g8

I have the following issues with my recently purchased 805d4.

The woofer housing appears to be scratched or has a poor finish.

I have requested an exchange.

The local dealer and the importer are giving me negative answers.

What is your opinion on this?

Thanks

jazz4jaz

If these were NIB then it's totally unacceptable. Did dealer deliver and setup?

@rsf507 If you mean new, yes
The dealer delivered it, but I installed it.
I'm writing this using a translator, so
please excuse if the conversation is not smooth

8 thousand dollar speakers should be flawless! You should demand a replacement!

These speakers should have been delivered by the dealer and then opened for inspection. If damage was revealed, delivery could be refused.

Post removed 

Call the B/W distributor for your region and verify the serial numbers (to insure authenticity). Were the shipping boxes damaged? Can't believe B/W would ship something like this. Get corporate involved.

@dweller The packaging and cereal numbers look normal.
I've gotten 805d3s with peeling paint before.
They exchanged it immediately then. 
Not this time.

Who is the dealer, if they don’t make this right let the public decide by choosing to use them or not.  I agree with you if they were sealed and you opened in this condition 

How did you pay for these ?  PayPal ,or credit card , first ship them back , ask for a replacement if they Donot , file a complaint .

B& W on there lower line now all madein China, NG ,

this line is around $9k retail is that correct ?  Any company. With any integrity 

have A QC dept , this should have never went into a box Everyhis is a disgrace 

you can tell them to you will file a complaint with the FTC Federal Trade Commision.  Who did you buy these from , were they bought new from a store ?

there is a lot of information left out . Email me or tell everyone on line ,no credible store would allow this this sounds like a scam.

I have known the B&W brand for years , the inspect and pack each speaker in their 

top range which your speakers are ,anyone with half a brain 🧠 brain would inspect the polished head and see this defect , this should have been rejected at the plant and repainted. No driver ever should have went in there , this is a disgrace .

I would send these literally 3-4 emails to B&W U.K ,as well as the distributor 

how long has this been ? You needto act on these NOW.

how did you pay for these and how long ago ? Never put anything on layaway ,why you loose the 90. Day claims with credit card companies .  We cant help you if you don’t explain  these could be fakes also , I have never seen this condition ever in any stores or homes .

@cfarrow @uncledemp @audioman58 

I received a new communication today.
The dealer spoke with the importer again and it looks like it will be an exchange and they will let me know for sure tomorrow.
I wish I could tell you about the dealer, but this is Korea, so I don't think I can help you choose a dealer.
I will update you on the progress tomorrow.
If the exchange doesn't work, I'll try the method you mentioned.
Thank you for your help.

Time is of the essence , how  did you pay ? PayPal or stripe is preferred

if not your credit card , and if in North America Never buy out ofthe country 

unless direct , even that you are not protected by U.S laws.  They need to send you tracking you can confirm , and a return FedEx shipping label .

you should not have to absorb any loss.  You must have got a Big discount 

go to B&W website they will tell you how much they weigh shipped .

I would also send B&W Now 2-3 emails with serial numbers and pictures 

and call them direct . On something over $5k I would be calling within 24 hours 

don’t become a victim call the U.k now they are 5 hours ahead ,I lived them and owned a Audio store there for years . Trust me Don’t wait be proactive !!

Always document everything.

When I received my KEF Reference 5’s,  I took pictures of the boxes on the skid, the boxes by themselves and the speakers out of the box.  A tweeter went out and I had to ship the whole speaker back for the repair and when it came back, there was a foot long crack in the finish.  I took pictures and sent KEF before and after pictures and after a lot of back and forth, KEF is supposedly are making me a new set of speakers. Haven’t received them yet, but I have no reason to doubt,  yet.

All the best.