Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

John Mayall - The Turning Point. Polydor, Blues Classics Remastered & Revisited series, 2001 CD, originally 1969

Recorded live @ Bill Graham’s Fillmore East, New York City. July 12, 1969

Eels - Blinking Lights And Other Revelations. Vagrant Records 2CD digi pack set 2005

Fastball-All The Pain Money Can Buy(CD) a somewhat forgotten 1990's band that defies categorization jumpstarts another diverse vinyl night

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass. Capitol/GnOM Records, 2CD, Remastered, Reissue, Digipak 2001, originally 1970

The Beatles - ‘White Album’. Apple Records. From the remastered Beatles CD box set released in 2009.

Houses of The Holy; from ‘The Complete Studio Recordings’ Led Zeppelin CD box set released in 1993. Atlantic reissue/remaster

@boxer12 

Thanks Tim. Got new power cables for my DAC and CD Transport, and the one for the transport needs some burn time, so, exploring my neglected CD’s and burning it in 😉

I’ve had the CBC on the 10b all day as I’ve been doing chores around the house. While eating dinner, I was emotionally struck by the song “unsolicited advice” by Charles Spearin.  Kind of cool to learn that can still happen.

carry on

I recently started listening again to PT for not that much time without having listening to them. Today I listened their come-back album Closure/Continuation, didn't disappointed me for the most part. My favorites were Harridan and the instrumental track: Population Three from the Deluxe edition.

Chevelle-This Type Of Thinking(Could Do Us In) CD. IMO one of the better 21st century mainstream rock bands.

"This Is Mine" and "Sunset Now" by Heaven 17 (Album: ",How Men Are." And Joe Jackson, "Down To London," "Stepping Out" and "You And Me Against The World " 

Khruangbin (Texas psychedelic Thai funk) + Leon Bridges (Texas R&B) = Texas magic.

This one is moody, sad, ambient gold on a good system.

Mariella

Is anyone familiar with Sheila Chandra? Great voice, check out her album ,Moonsung.

Pat Metheny - Road To You

Emancipator - Safe In The Steep Cliffs

Nora Jones - Come Away With Me

Foy Vance - The Wild Swan

Hooverphonic - Blue Wonder Powder Milk

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant - No Quarter (Kashmir)

Moby - Play

The John Butler Trio-Grand National. An Indie favorite of mine kicks off another Sunday vinyl night.

John Butler Trio

@jafant noice!

I have had Bitch’s “Bitchcraft” on regular rotation, and I am not normally attracted to woke music.

Well recorded and superb on vinyl. I got it for the daughter, but we were both surprised when I liked it more than her. Over 1/2 the songs on the vinyl are keepers.

Here is one example:

Tidal Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live. The sound quality on that stream is exceptional.

George Benson-Give Me The Night(CD Made in Germany original 1983 Warner release) precedes another diverse Friday vinyl night.

Grateful Dead "Steal your Face" vinyl followed by the Allman Brothers "1969--1979 Anthology". Listening to the Allman Brothers was nice and nostalgic: "In memory of Elizabeth Reed" and "Tied to the Whipping Post" sounded luscious on my newly assembled HiFi kit. (Technics SU-R1000, B & W 703 S2s, REGA P10).

I wish I was born 20 years later--new tech is just amazing. The clarity an dability od TTs to dig deep into the grooves makes old recordings come alive again.