Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
A bit of everything today CD & Vinyl from Dire Straits thru America all the way to Kate Bush am running in a new set of Speakers and Amp. 
Tattoo You ... Rolling Stones.

Cassette.
Tbh the SQ on this tape is way better than the record IMHO.
Post removed 
bkeske, Have you heard "Yellow Shark" from Frank Zappa? Picked it up this week & really enjoyed it. 

Babybird / There's something going on
Indie rock 
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Long After Dark. MCA 1982

Cassette

Thanks Uber
I saw Robin Trower with Peter Frampton about 20 years ago. Bridge of Sighs live was one off the bucket list. Today I bought and listened to Chris Tea, Tower of Power, Steely Dan, Rikki Lee Jones and Weather Report.
Glad the tapes are working out ok so far Brian! Enjoy!!

Double Vision .... Foreigner.

Cassette
@uberwaltz 

Funk #49 ... James Gang.

Oh man, one of my favs as a kid. Especially as Joe and the boys were from Cleveland. 
Bridge to Babylon .... The Rolling Stones.

I started playing this from my server this afternoon but got interrupted.

So put the actual CD in the Esoteric tonight and woah....

This must be the best sounding Stones album I have heard, very well recorded.
And some pretty good songs to boot.
Beethoven 9 Symphonies, John Gardiner conducting Orchestre Revolutionnaire Et Romantique. Archiv 439 900-2.
@bdp24 I did not have you pegged as a classical guy. Of course anyone should be able to enjoy Beethoven's 9th. In my meager experience with classical I see the 9th as possibly the greatest symphony ever.

@n80, I actually listen to Classical a lot (especially the Baroque era), but don't usually comment on it here. While fairly knowledgeable about Popular (non-Classical) music, I can be viewed as a dilettante in regard to the serious stuff.

The title I posted about is not just the 9th, but all nine of Beethoven's symphonies, in a little boxset. Listening to them all back-to-back is interesting: one becomes more aware of the composer's "tricks" (not said in the pejorative sense ;-); the frequent use of dynamic swells leading to a staccato chord punctuation. I actually prefer Mozart as a symphony composer; his are more different from one another, and he wrote far more of them.

But to me, J.S. Bach is THE composer's composer. I am of course not alone in holding that opinion. I was introduced to JSB by a songwriter I was recording with in '74-'75, the only genius I've known. He was a music major first at San Jose State College and then The University of California at Riverside, and possessed perfect pitch. Learning to sing a Fugue---as I was required to do in our work---was the hardest thing I've ever done. It also instilled in me a low tolerance for "flat" singing, and out-of-tune guitars. Both are far more common than you would think!

stereo5,

In case you are still roaming this thread, my Wish You Were Here SBM CD arrived today. I agree with your assessment and prefer it to SACD version although not dramatically.

Thanks for the hint/recommendation.
Getting to some freebies from @uberwaltz

John Cougar Mellencamp - Scarecrow. RIVA 1985

Cassette

Never bought a Mellencamp album before, albeit I kinda liked some I used to hear on the radio, or MTV back in the day. I think this tape is fine, but the engineering and recording technique of this album leaves a bit to be desired. Very ‘hallow’, poor SQ, and amateurish production vs some of the songs and music that deserved better. I don’t think quality recording was a concern here.....just ‘get it out there’. Probably sounded fine on most car radios. A shame really.