Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Keb’ Mo’ - Soon As I Get Paid
Chord Marauders - Glow EP
Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
Art Blakey - Hipsippy Blues, suggested on this forum a few days ago.  Good stuff!
Yosi Horikawa - Wandering EP
Quebe Sisters - Every Which Way
Techmaster P.E.B. - for old time’s sake, to test out a new-to-me sub
Marti Fischer - Album Eins 

(German artist, not well know. Interesting funky music) 
I pulled out two cds I hadn't listened to in years- BEE GEES ONE and America- History.  Realize that some may scoff, but One is an amazingly listenable album.  Those harmonies are truly relaxing. Grand daughter and wife danced the entire CD. Generally prefer ACDC and Earl Klugh type music, but Barry and the twins have their place
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Straight Ahead. Concord Jazz 1981

Cassette
Wynton Marsalis - S/T. Blue VOX. Swiss release, live. Probably 1983, recorded in 1980.

Strange release, as this seems to be Wynton playing with ‘the Art Blakey band’ per other versions on Discogs, which he did at that time. Very nice recording though.

Cassette
Eddie Higgins trio.... Classical jazz by a sensible pianist, very known in Japan, less here it seems... Venus recordings sound is very good....

It will not rock your brain nor your house but your heart ....

It is on par with Bill Charlap trio, another undeserved great pianist....

Almost all of their cd are good.....If you like one you will like the bunch....
So MANY good suggestions here.  My playlist is full of new things!  Wonderful!
Glad you find these music threads of interest and useful kg4miq.

Please continue to visit and enjoy!
Silver Jews / Starlite walker
Indie rock skating in the direction of alt country
Nick Cave / Dig Lazarus dig
Indie rock from one of the best songwriters ever
I need listen to a bit more Nick Cave for sure Boxer.👍👍.

Left Overture ..... Kansas.

Cassette
Khruangbin- Con Todo El Mundo.

Really liking this stuff. Very well recorded. In a barn they say.
n80,
The band "Do Make Say Think" also recorded an album in a barn. Add’s for an interesting ambiance.

Uber +1

Eleanor Friedberger / Rebound
She was one of the two main musicians in the band "The Fiery Furnaces". On her own she doesn’t take the chances she did in that band (that band was very eclectic), & brings her solo music closer to the mainstream. She is very talented.
Levon Helm / Electric dirt 
Alt country hippy music. A legendary musician that was a member of the "Band". 
Do you guys generally find you like the sound of cassettes better than cd's,
or just a different sound and change of pace?

I absolutely prefer cassette replay to 99.5%of CD at least that I own.
Cassette tape is very analog, and on a good rig with good tape it can get very close to vinyl.

Not " perfect sound forever"
Thankfully...😂😂
Double cassette compilation that may not suit all here.

Greenpeace... Rainbow Warriors.
Ella and Louis. Verve recording via Amazon Music. 
Sonically a great recording. 
Renee Rosnes piano trio.... Remarkable and underestimated Jazz pianist on par with his husband, Bill Charlap piano trio, which is on par with Eddie Higgins piano trio....But the woman is the best of the 2 at the end, without taking off anything from his husband and Higgins.... Three extraordinary trios for me this week....

«If organ is the elephant , piano is the lion king » -Groucho Marx

«Trumpet is my eagle» Harpo Marx
Tim Fite / Gone ain’t gone
Kind of country, kind if hip hop, but leaning rock wise
If colorful language offends you, don’t listen :-)
Hindu Love Gods
Warren Zevon in a rather inebriated state backed by REM after a formal recording session. Throwing down a few standards unrehearsed and not intended for release.
REM at the time were one of THE best meat and potatoes backing outfits you could hire, and they sure prove it on this set. A whole lot of fun, and probably more so than some of their proper releases.
Hindu Love Gods

Very interesting. Just found a sealed copy on cassette at Discogs and snatched it up.
What did you think of that Uber. I really like the Adrian period of KC but know some who don't. 

The Low Anthem / The salt doll
Mellow indie rock.  
Discipline ranks up there as one of my fave KC albums, it just pushed all the right buttons for me.

I have it on DVD-A too remastered by Steve Wilson and the SQ is off the charts there.
I agree Uber

Rachel’s / The sea & the bells
This is a rock band that has heavy percussion (at times) with a lot of piano & strings. Nice stuff. Similar to the band "Silver Mt. Zion", but not as hard.
Out of Time ..... R.E.M.

Cassette.

For me this is the definitive R.E.M album and not Monster which seems to always get the popular vote.

I will have to give The Sea & The Bells a listen Boxer👍
+1 Uber

Wax Poetic / Istanbul
This band is eclectic. Mostly rock with jazz, club, & African influences
Lucky Peterson - Tribute to Jimmy Smith on Tidal

Groovy Hammond B3 Jazz - Nicely done - excellent recording