Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
The Flaming Lips / StarDeath / Henry Rollins / Peaches doing the entire "Dark Side of The Moon", twice in a row.    

I can't say enough good things about this rough, raw but incredible recording.  At least its not compressed.  

I may even see if it syncs up with The Wizard of Oz
Oh, and the new Tool on HD download.  Now, this recording IS compressed.  I wish there was a way to get ahold of remastered Tool albums.
  • Diana Krall - The Girl In The Other Room (24/96)
  • Bill Evans - Waltz For Debby (24/192)
  • Dire Straits - On Every Streets (Remaster 1996)
  • Eric Clapton - Unplugged

Great sound on my soundsystem!
Left my letter M CD album out after Mali to Memphis last night, pulled out Jay McShann, 'Still Jumpin' The Blues'. 1st track starts harsh, just get past it, the rest is terrific, including two vocals by Maria Muldar.

https://www.amazon.com/Still-Jumpin-Blues-Jay-McShann/dp/B00000IJV9

and, after a 2 minute silence, track 11 begins, this 18 minute interview by Holger Petersen, what a treat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vf_gLhRFTk

Jazz from KNKX radio on my new (to me) Magnum Dynalab FT-101A with the Etude upgrade.  I'm over 50 miles away and it sounds fantastic.
uber, LOL... nope, just out of town with my wife for a few days. In regard to the butthole surfers, that one is probably the most radio friendly one they put out, but it still isn't real friendly. I enjoy listening to that band. They are just wacko. Saw a live concert (DVD) of them where they were shooting clay pigeons with shotguns, over the audience. Not every band would do that. Thank God. 

Scud Mountain Boys / Pine box  
boxer and uber, Wow, Butthole Surfers indeed!  Another inspired evening.

Butthole Surfers “Locust Abortion Technician” and....(drum roll please)
”Hairway to Steven”.  My wife has closed the doors and windows then fled.
Certainly the less “radio friendly” releases.

CD
Another M,

Mississippi Fred McDowell, 'Shake 'Em On Down'.

I have this 'Tomato'  label CD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0EUIXR/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

I agree with so many, the best bottleneck blues player ever!!! You feel you walked around the corner and there they were. Turn it up!.

I sometimes think "Who the heck was lucky enouth, smart enough, to be -_____ that night?" This is one of those.

If you buy a used CD, make sure it has the album notes by Tom Pomposello, he played/toured with him, very informative.

boxer12

I'm 71, I have had my share of colonoscopys, I always ask the Dr. if I gave him the Butthole Surfers latest ....
elliott & puff, They are not for the faint of heart :-)

Whiskeytown / Faithless Street 
Live CD of Fink, maybe recorded in Paris. Lean, pared down sound. He sounds like a amalgam of John Legend and Dave Matthews. Nothing earth shaking, but interesting. I think the recording was very good, particularly for a concert recording. Streamed it on Tidal. I’m getting used to a new pair of Dali 5 speakers. 
@boxer12 - I've always liked "Come on Feel" The Lemonheads. Good stuff from the mid-early '90's. One of my favorite periods for music.
La Noche Más Larga --- Concha Buika  (contemporary flamenco / jazz / cuban)
Agreed uber. Just put in a new (to me) preamp, so I'll be playing some of my "standards" for a while. 

Sparklehorse / Wonderful Life
Alice Sara Ott.  Playing Grieg. "Wonderland" Deutsche Gramophone via Spotify.