Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Hawniyaz -- Kayhan Kalhor (kamancheh “spike fiddle”), Aynur Doğan (vocals), Cemîl Qoçgirî (tenbûr lute) and Salman Gambarov (jazz piano). Traditional Kurdish with classical, jazz, folk elements.

Short review and video courtesy The Guardian: 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/aug/18/kalhor-aynur-gambarov-qocgiri-hawniyaz-review

Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge. We got your dynamics right here! Their first album on Virgin Records and the first w/o Bill Wyman.

Dead Can Dance Spiritchaser. Fantastic bass performance, I can feel it though the whole body. On Sony Walkman earbuds. Direct coupled to the brain 🧠.
Jethro Tull, "This Was"  50th Anniversary Edition on 180G vinyl
The Who, "Who's Next"  on 180G vinyl
Chicago Transit Authority .   1st Album 1969  CD remastered  2002 by Rhino  Records. Great horns.
Vintage Trouble - The Bomb Shelter Sessions. Their first album I think. A couple of songs on there I find irritating but the bulk of them are good, several are excellent including Running Outta You, Not Alright With Me and Nobody Told Me. Their second full album, 1-Hopeful Road is more mature and really an excellent album start to finish.

If you're not familiar with them and you like bluesy R&B, give them a listen.
Hindemith's Mathis der Maler (Blomstedt/San Francisco Symphony).  Good audition track, ranging from full range lush string sounds to dense horn and woodwind orchestration.

Previously the Mozart Violin Concerto #5. Listen for the bows hitting strings as substitute percussion in the Rondo.
Thanks n80, I'll check them out. 

Badly Drawn Boy / The hour of bewilderbeast 
Knopfler - Get Lucky. Like Tracker and Privateering it is a lush album, well produced, heavy Celtic influence. It is probably my second favorite after Tracker but very close to CD #1 on Privateering.

Knopfler's VERY restrained but superb and understated guitar work on these albums marks him as a true master in my opinion. I consider him one of if not the very best.
Going Down To The River by Doug Seegers. Closest singer to Hank Williams I believe I have ever heard. No boyish Alt-Country folks, Doug is the real deal, sings like a man who has done some livin’. Emmylou Harris duets with Doug on "She" (written by Gram Parsons and Chris Ethridge). Magnificent. Buddy Miller joins Doug on Hanks’ "There’ll Be No Teardrops Tonight", and wrote the albums’ liner notes. Great, gen-u-ine Country music.
Miles Davis  Bitches Brew  1969 .CD remastered. Groups  spun off from this session include  Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever, Weather Report,Lenny White,  etc.

pinkfloyd050, Welcome!

bdp24, Thanks for the lead on Doug Seegers. Are there any Hank Williams (not jr)albums that are recorded well? 

Pere Ubu / Raygun suitcase
Pere Ubu / Pennsylvania 
Neko Case - Middle Cyclone.

I think this is her best album. Just fantastic. So unique. I also like Fox Confessor but oddly don't care for much else by her. Keep trying to like the other stuff but it just doesn't hook me.
Miles Davis  Round About Midnight   1955   Remastered CD.  Coltrane on sax.  Must be in a Miles  groove.....
n80 That is a great Rush album. I remember buying that when it came out.

Badly Drawn Boy / About a boy
Allman Bros Band - Live at the Fillmore, specifically You Don’t Love Me

Concert for Bangladesh - Jumping Jack Flash / Young Blood w/ Leon Russell on Vocals

Ahh, to be young again as I listened to these upon their release
Sue Foley  Where The Action Is   ( Shanachie.com ) 2002. CD
This girl can play.  Great cover of Stones Stupid Girl.
Earlier today,

Johnny Winter, "Johnny Winter And Live"
Alice Cooper, "Love It To Death"
Alice Cooper, "Killer"
Chrissy Steele, "Magnet To Steel"
Candlebox, "Candlebox"
Captain Beyond, "Sufficiently Breathless"  Remaster

I saw Johnny Winter in a club out West, in Texas or Oklahoma Perhaps.  My wife may remember but it was 30+ years ago.  I also saw Johnny perform with his brothers group "The Edgar Winter Group"  I believe he was the guest star.  They both played brilliantly.  Johnny Died way too soon.

I saw Alice Cooper (Original Line up) 5 or 6 times back in the early 70's.  I love the "Ballad Of Dwight Frye" Where  Alices head got chopped off on stage.  It gave me goosebumps back then.

Chrissy Steele was the back up band for Jethro Tull.  Chrissy hails from Canada and boy can she Rock.  Think Heart and the Wilson sisters and you get the idea.  One of the brightest sounding CD ever made.  This is one time I used the tone controls on the Mac preamp.  A couple of db here and there on the controls really transformed the sound for the better.

I am still unsure if I like the Captain Beyond remaster better or not.  It's a tough call.  I have been playing the new vinyl double LP of Nirvana, Live at the Paramount.  The sound quality is extremely disappointing.  The live recording of From The Banks Of The Muddy Wishkah is much better.
stereo5, Alice Cooper was the very 1st concert I attended. I was 17 years old. It was a great concert!

Aa / gAame 
@boxer12  Thank you. I will start exploring the titles and artists listed by others on this and the other music threads, more extensively and deeply. System development time and the major time commitment it has involved is behind me. On to the music! 
Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising (2019) (rec'd for fans of Aimee Mann/Harry Nillson)Fontaines D.C. - Dogrel (2019)
Tragically Hip - Best ofRy Cooder - Chavez Ravine (2014?)
Kenny G Live.

CD

Now this sounds freaking amazing through my Maggie's. Heaven.