Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence

This is why I started my own thread music I play, it doesn't fit in here. I do enjoy some of what y'all play but I did read somewhere it was started with Trower in mind.
uber, I really like them. They are a great jam band that has been around for years. Much in the order of moe. Problem is they don't release much on CD and I've never seen anything on vinyl. More of a live act I guess. I hope to see them sometime.

Carlos Santana / Divine light   
He has Bill Laswell with him on this album. It is really good.
Boxer

Qobuz describe them as a Jam-Trance- Fusion band...... Whatever the heck that means.... Lol.

But yes mostly a live jam band since the 90,s and just 3 CD releases I think.
oicu812, I have that one. Bought it years ago when they released all of the early ones in one set. +1

uber, 3 releases sounds about right. I've managed to find 2 of them LOL  
dang, boxer, hope you're not as old as me...lmbo
anyways, next up, if y'all dont mind my postings..
Robin Trower - Where You Going To

Reminds me hitchhiking back in '72 to another part of town and the girls picked me up. Asked me where I was goin, said no where in particulay, home? Asked me if I wanted to go with them to my back yard. Asked them wtf is going on in your back yard. They laffed, tol me it was a bar, everyone was hanging out there...lmfao
The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed

Dang, I haven’t listened to this in 15-20 years, or longer. Music takes me back, first thought goes my thru my mind is when I was 14 and, Diana. Maybe I should change tunes...*laffs

Edit: screwed up, this one is the one Diana plays a part of...*chuckles
oicu, You may have a few years on me but not many lol. I didn't break out of my shell until 77. You're probably aware but Trower is actually touring now. In regard to the Moody Blues, I saw them in concert afew times in the 80's. They really had a good show & mellow vibe. 

Sufjan Stevens / Avalanche 
Post removed 
John Lee Hooker -  Mr. Lucky

”my father was a jockey he never ever lost a race”

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Spectrum / Forever Alien
This is the talent from the other half of "Spacemen 3". Weird stuff here
Welcome plaw. Great choices!

The Mountain Goats / The life of the world to come
Post removed 
Bach Easter Cantata  WDAV FM radio, before church.

At church, spectacular choral and pipe organ.
Bach: Easter Oratorio - Actus Tragicus ---- Monteverdi Choir / John Eliot Gardiner
Karen Souza - The Complete Collection - CD2

Easter morning with a hangover and typo city...ouch
That's what happens when the grand kids go to Disney and grandpa spends Easter alone...*chuckles
Miles Davis - Miles Smiles. Columbia Legacy CD. Definitive musically and recording wise.
@david_ten in addition to our recently renovated 100 year old pipe organ, the music director hired horns and kettle drums for the service. They and the choir did various works from Handel and Mozart. Mozart’s Gloria was spectacular.

The sermon was pretty good too.

Now I’m listening to Bukka White’s early recordings on vinyl.

I don’t believe in purgatory but I wonder what’s in store for someone who enjoys sacred music in the morning and blues in the evening. Something special I suppose. ;-)
Led Zeppelin I - CD. Feeding my blues jones. I seem to recall that that album got ripped by the critics when it debuted.

I have it on vinyl but I think it is worn out. Maybe I’ll give it a bath and see how it sounds.

Edit: Good gracious what a great song How Many More Times is. Not to mention the Albert King and Howlin' Wolf songs that inspired it.
n80, That is a good one. +1, Funny how it sometimes takes the critics a while to catch up with absolute talent. The Grateful Dead "suffered" (not that they really cared) from that as well. 

Sharon Van Etten / Epic
Deep Field, compsed by Eric Whitacre.
Inspired by the Hubble.

Really wonderful new music. :)
Cheater’s Game by Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison. The pair are imo on the second rung of the Americana talent pool (that’s still really good), and their work somewhat spotty (including this 2012 album). Lots of good music, well worth the five bucks I paid for it at Music Millennium.