Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Oh well I'm going through my collection cleaning them all and limited as it is, I've listened to The Jam live in Newcastle 1980 what a treat, then Joy Division "Still", The Cult "Electric" and finally Oasis "Definitely Maybe" and now I'm mooching around here hehehe
Johnnylambo

Some great British tunes there. From the UK myself and spinning Live in Berlin by Depeche Mode on bluray 5.1 Audio right now.
"Waiting for Spring" David Benoit
"Epilogue" Frank Cunimondo
"Brothers In Arms" Dire Straits

Check out "The Pittsburgh Jazz Channel"
Streams on web.  WZUM
Still nothing. After being out for over a day, my power is back on, but only at 100 volts. I'm afraid to turn on my system. 
Trying to find 80's and 90's and later Prog.  Streaming on spotify.  Listening to Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson.  Any suggestions for some new artist to listen to? 
Thanks
Petermj.

Try Cab, Camel, Caravan, IQ, Mostly Autumn., Strawbs

Just a few.....

Post removed 
Post removed 
Yesterday - Gillian Welch:  Boots No.1: The Official Revival Bootleg

@mental  - Is she 'for real'?  
Born in NYC; studied at Berklee College of Music.  Give a listen if you ain't yet...sounds real to me.

Check out her and Dave Rawlings (The Dave Rawlings Machine):  Nashville Obsolete and A Friend of a Friend.  You might already be well acquainted.  
@mental , I can hardly stay in the room or car if modern country music is playing. But, I recently bought Chris Stapleton's Traveller CD. There are a few songs on there that smack of mod-country-pop that I don't like but there are also a few excellent songs on there. Tennessee Whiskey is the best of the bunch and is heavily blues infused.....which is why I like it.

Tonight, I'm listening to The Teskey Brothers Half Mile Harvest. Again. The more I listen the better it gets. Looking forward to their US tour this summer.
Kelly Hogan & the Pine Valley Cosmonauts / Beneath 

petermj, check out progarchives.com
There is a lot out there. Enjoy!
Post removed 
The sound track to this novel I ran into....

And She Never Heard From Him Again (A love story)
(Authors' name redacted)

I'm trying to get the movie rights....
@mental , someone here on Audigon turned me on to the Teskey Brothers. I knew I liked them from the first 30 seconds of the first song. The singer sounds like Otis Redding and they are very soulful.

In that genre also look into Vintage Trouble, especially 1 Hope St and Leon Bridges Coming Home.

Gary Clark Jr also dabbles in R&B but he is all over the place on his albums from raw acoustic blues to blistering Hendrix-like guitar work to R&B and even a little hip-hop vibe here and there.
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
mental, That is the beauty of the music portion of this forum, you get reminded of great ones & introduced to new ones. I spend a lot more time here, than the other places on the gon.  

Great Lakes Swimmers / Ongiara   
UFO’s "Strangers in the night" is a very special album for me stretching from my teens. It showed what talented group UFO was back then and they had Michael Schenker as the lead guitarist, his contribution was awesome and so individual in his style. Back in my teens my best friend who played guitar (like me, but alot better!) was a huge fan of Michael Schenker and he pointed out an interesting observation about MS style of playing. At the time we listened to all the usual lead guitar suspects (Hendrix, Clapton, Blackmore, Robin Trowers, Page etc......) and he observed that MS did not really use ’blues licks’ nor did he often repeat himself.
Strangers in the night is one of the best live albums ever. I saw them live in their heyday. One of the best shows I've been to. 
Post removed 
Post removed 
Post removed 
I peruse this thread and the ’what are you streaming’ thread a lot and I’ve been turned onto some good music. As someone mentioned in another thread, we are in a golden age of music diversity and availability.

The downside is that when I look up a lot of the recommendations mentioned here, most of the time I am underwhelmed. This is not a complaint or a criticism. We all have different tastes and that’s good. Plus, I’m not hearing much overtly bad music. Most of what people mention in these threads is well done.......just not my cup of tea. Just doesn’t hook me in.

Given the volume and variety out there this is no surprise of course but I’m just struck by how much good but not great (to me) music is out there. I’ve listened through quite a few whole albums by an artist and or multiple songs by an artist enjoyed them okay but have not been compelled to purchase them on CD....which is my measure of how good an album is to me.

The bottom line is that I have to preview a lot of music before I find something I want to buy and own. But there are a lot or worse ways to spend one’s time, right?

It also gives me some insight into other’s tastes in music.

Some of you guys are weird. ;-)
Post removed 
Post removed