Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@spiritofradio  Jethro Tull, A Passion Play, is one of my favorite Tull albums.  It never really got the attention it deserved, IMO.  A warm and smooth recording, not bright at all, but still plenty of detail.  I have an original copy from when it was first released.  In perfect condition, plays and sounds great.
@spiritofradio 

Beethoven String Trio in G, Op. 9
The Chamber Music Society 
     Of Lincoln Center
The Classics Record Library 1974

on recommendation from Brian.  4- Record Box of Mint for $7 I think.  Tremendous chamber music, some rarely recorded , great production and SQ (It’s  Hear the Hall kind of production).  Thanks Brian @bkeske

Fantastic James. Glad you are enjoying it. A real ‘sleeper’ IMO, and yes, I love the recording too, it really makes you feel like you are in the hall.
Kate Bush ‎– Hounds Of Love (EMI 1985)

Bought this when it came out. I remember being blown away by it then. LP12. Haven’t played it in decades. Sounds even better on the 401.
Haydn - Volume One: String Quartets Op. 71 & 74. Aeolian String Quartet. London Treasury Series 1973, 3 LP box
Don McLean ‎– Homeless Brother (United Artists 1974)

Good old Don. Warm and homely. A single malt of an album.
Herbie Flowers ‎– Plant Life (Philips 1975)

Like early Traffic and Pink Floyd but better. Excellent recording. Seemingly superficial yet its genius smacks you. A masterpiece. 
Maazel conducts Bizet - L’Arlesienne Suites & Jeux D’Enfants. The Cleveland Orchestra. London 1980
Post removed 
Albert Collins-Ice Pickin' Side A
Teresa Brewer-Greatest Hits(Philips PHS 600-062) Side 1
Bobby Bare-Drinkin' From The Bottle Singin' From The Heart Side 2
Carole King-Thoroughbred Side 1
Rush-Exit...Stage Left Side 4{Dark Sounding?)
Paul Carrack-One Good Reason Side 1
Tchaikovsky-Symphony No.5(Bernstein MS 6312 Six Eye) Side 1&2

Note*** I started recording my playlist on 4/14 of this year. Have played 332 albums only 3 have been repeated, Marlena Shaw-Is It Love. Played side A 6/16 side B 10/25. Sergio Franchi/I'm A Fool To Want You side 2 5/19 side 1 8/9. Steely Dan/Gaucho side A 2X 5/10 7/28 Are the Babylon Sisters responsible for my repeat? My vinyl collection is around 1400 approx, 50 are in poor condition(Toss) 75 are multiple copies and another 50 i have no interest in. So that gives me around 1200+ albums so in a 7 month period i have spun over 27% of my vinyl collection which is of modest size, Just want to make a point not all audiophiles play the same 50 or so albums over and over!
Post removed 
@dayglow

great post.  I’m with you man.  You have a great collection too.  

—————————-

Tommy Bolin
Teaser

from the 40th Anniversary Box
UDR 2015
@dayglow Nice post.  I have about 2,000 records and decided it's time to thin the herd.  I am going through them all to make sure I have them all in the Discogs database and am eliminating some that I will probably never play again along with as many of the duplicates as I can.  This may take a while.  I've made it to the Beach Boys so far.
Thx to all that have responded! This idea of posting what I play came indirectly from my wife. I had purchased about 60 albums from an early spring garage sale and she said you plan on opening a record store? Obviously 1000+ albums does not make a record store but to a non audiophile its about 900 albums you don’t need. This made me think how many albums is to many and how long would it take to play all of them? In 7 months twice a week(a few missed days) 6-8 albums sides has totaled 329 albums, so roughly over 2 years to play 1 side of every album in my collection. In conclusion, for me the sweet spot is never exceeding 1500 albums and then consider many of us have an equal amount(approx. 1000) of compact discs.
@dayglow  I really like what you have added to this thread.  You are an awesome guy.
Talk Talk
Spirit of Eden

again

Have to confess, Until recently reminded about this recording I’d forgotten how good the music is, especially for the period, but beyond that I don’t think I was ever aware of how exceptional the sonics are. Wow. So cool.

Duke Ellington And His Orchestra ‎– Ellington At Newport (Columbia 1957)
Roy Harper ‎– Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion (Harvest 1974)

"Whose poets know"
The Grateful Dead - Steal Your Face (recorded at the Winterland). Grateful Dead Records, 1976