Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
A different direction....

Talking Heads - Fear of Music. Sire 1979

May be my favorite Heads album
An eclectic mix today 😉 Been meaning time get this on the new rig since set-up, but was waiting for the Soundsmith. The time has come....freshly cleaned...

Grateful Dead - Workingman’s Dead. WB 1970

EDIT: Oh damn.....
1:50pmStreaming???? What is this thing you all speak of????
It is the 21st century you know......
😂😂
Not really got time until later tonight to play any records and sit and relax.
Just had couple tapes on as background music while attacking the honey dew list as away all next week.

I'm thinking though that my Scheu Analog SL is starting to get a bit tired.
I checked on original purchase and seller said 400 hours and I have put on at least 800.
So minimum of 1200, more likely 1300 to 1400.
Still sounds good but now I keep listening for signs of distortion rather than just enjoying it🙄
Al Stewart - Time Passages, MFSL. I noticed something stuck on one of the tracks on side 2 that I didn't notice in the record store. I'll be surprised if it doesn't skip. Sounds great so far though, close to NM- for 20 bucks.
@slaw For the skip? I gave it a good cleaning and carefully picked at the spot and it made it through with no skip or other ill effects. I'll try that next time. 
Szell conducts Barber - Piano Concerto w/John Browning & Schuman - A Song of Orpheus w/Leonard Rose, cellist. The Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia Masterworks, original 1964, reissue, probably early 70’s.

Fantastic piano recording/reproduction. Always tough with an orchestra.
It might be Brian.
I would have to see who has best deal with best retip.
There's a few around, Soundsmith, Andy Kim etc.
It was a $1500 cart new.
@uberwaltz I have used both Soundsmith and Andy Kim. Andy was faster and cheaper and his work seemed to be very good. It was the same cart (don't ask!). I didn't detect any noticeable difference in sound quality between the two retips and the original stylus, which was new and had low hours on it. 
Thanks Greg.
I have only heard good things on Andy Kim and all reports said his turnaround time was a lot faster than Soundsmith.
Not that it's critical as I do have a few other carts to play with 😂
@uberwaltz

I have only heard good things on Andy Kim and all reports said his turnaround time was a lot faster than Soundsmith.

One of the used Zephyrs that I was inquiring about, the one which Peter just rebuilt, the seller stated Peter had it for 2 months!! Turned out to be a low-output after he double-checked with Peter, and I wanted a high-output. Anyway, I got the new MK III for the same amount.

But, yea, per the above, Soundsmith sounds to be very slow right now.
Yes Peter is in the Catskills just outside of NY city.  Hard hit area and brought SoundSmith to a near halt for a very extended time.  Peter was worried his company might not survive the shut down so even though it might be a little slow SoundSmith is a jewel to this crazy hobby IMHO and when reasonably possible we should support them.
@drrsutliff 

Agreed. Hate to lose a company like that. I also heard the same. 
Vernon Handley conducts Delius - Various. London Philharmonic Orchestra. Classic for Pleasure/EMI 1979 British pressing.
Uber, another possible option is van den hul. Not fast or cheap and not sure if they'll do other manufacturers carts, but worth looking into. I bought a used van den hul cart and it arrived with no diamond. The seller refunded my money and didn't want the cart back, so I sent it to van den hul for repair. It took a while and was about $500, but it was a complete rebuild and purportedly done by AJ himself.
Carlo Maria Giulini conducts Britten - Four Sea Interludes from Peter Grimes, & The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra. The Philharmonia Orchestra. Angel, originally 1964, reissue from the 80’s.
All options are good so thanks again Greg.

Brian.
I did play 2 albums on the 401 last night so it would quit sulking 😇.

Now the Rega is pouting.....
I did play 2 albums on the 401 last night so it would quit sulking 😇

Now the Rega is pouting.....

😁 This is what happens when you have too many children
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center. Box set of 4 LP’s. The Classic Record Library 1975.

I know I’ve spoken about this set before. It was a ‘book of the month club’ set I picked up for really cheap on eBay, in pristine condition. To my surprise then, and still, it is really good. Love how it was recorded, very nicely, but ‘raw’., i.e. You feel like you are in the studio with the musicians. Great soundstage, imaging, ‘air’, etc. A real gem, ‘who’d a thunk it’ kind of thing.

Anyway, it sounded great on the ol Pro-Ject, but man does it sound marvelous on the SOTA/Jelco/Soundsmith combo. I ended up playing all 4 LP’s.
I've been renovating and laying hardwood flooring in a room with some challenging angles so no records recently. Keep well. 
@noromance 

@bkeske How's the 850?

Fantastic. Easy to deal with, adjust, etc. I just don’t have anything I can directly compare it to, so it’s tough to say it’s better or worse than another, but in total, I would say it was a good choice. That’s why I was counting on you and others to point me in the right direction.

Although, fooling with some VTA adjustments tonight, I do wish it had ‘on the fly’ adjustment. But, USA HIFI has the Easy VTA device for $200, which is very tempting. I would have to get some bushings to raise it though, as it wouldn’t clear and be free of the plinth without. Important with the SOTA, but doable.
@spiritofradio It looks like someone has bought that ZYX cartridge.  Did you pull the trigger?  I was looking at it, but I couldn't find much information other than the glowing review that Echo linked to.  I read a few comments about concerns with the carbon fiber cantilever possibly being fragile and also concerns about it being over-damped.  Not from anyone that actually had one, just speculation.  I decided not to be a trailblazer.  If you bought it, I'd be interested in hearing your impressions once you have it set up.