Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center. A 4 LP set, consisting of works by Beethoven, Carter, Schumann, Mozart, Bach, Faure’, Moszkowski, Haydn, Brahms, and Saint-Saens.

A surprising purchase; recorded raw with little engineering, and a real sense of the stage and space. Nice.

Released in 1975 by The Classic Record Company for the Book-Of-The-Month Club, of all things. The vinyl is in mint condition, and it was very inexpensive. Cha-Ching.
Herb Alpert-Rise Side 1
Pat Travers Band-Go For What You Know Side 1
Joni Mitchell-Court And Spark-Side 1
Al Martino-Spanish Eyes Side 1
The Doors-The Soft Parade Side 2
Steely Dan-The Royal Scam Side B
Charlie Rich-Behind Closed Doors Side 1
Duran Duran- Seven And The Ragged Tiger Side 2
Had to give up on  playing records for a short while as difficult to do right with one hand!

Was washing the dishes, one of the wife's wine glasses broke and sliced my right hand ring finger down to the bone.
Arghhhhh..grrrrrr.
😰😰😰
Thx-boxer12
My wife's favorite band as a young adult was Duran Duran so why not give a mint garage sale find a spin for her. She also became a fan of "Boom Boom Out Go The Lights" a song she had never heard before?
@uberwaltz  - Sorry for your accident. Hopefully you recover quickly. Any stitches?
Times Square - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Not a great compilation, but a few good ones. I bought it back in the day for one track - The Pretenders - "Talk of the Town"
Thanks Reubent.

More annoyed than anything, I mean not even my glass!!😠😠

Just butterfly stitches, very clean cut but deep, lots of blood... Lol.
And now throbbing like a throbbing thing.
Self medicating with Bailey's....
Never did I think I'd be saying this, but I bought some MOFI vinyl and the seller put some Barbara Streisand records in the box as filler.  They seem to actually be in good shape, listening to "Memories".
Elly Stone ‎– Elly Stone (Columbia 1969)

I just had to listen to her lovely voice this morning before starting work.
@big_greg 

Barbra Streisand ‎– A Christmas Album (CBS 1967)

Superb 60s recording and amazing performance. Don't bother with the later RE.
Jackie DeShannon ‎– New Image (Imperial 1967)

Wonderfully atmospheric swinging sixties album. NM/NM sounds fantastic.
Barbara Dane ‎– Sings The Blues With 6 & 12 String Guitar (Folkways 1964)

c/w booklet. Not the greatest recording but it sounds like you're chillin' around the campfire.
Found this album on eBay and it just struck the right chord😂😂

Hard Up Heroes.

A double album all mono of old mostly British acts on the Decca label.

SQ is quite stunning and it is dead quiet in the groove with my dedicated Rega TT with Ortofon 2M Mono Cart.
Testing my mod’ed GE VR1000 cartridge.

1965 Bobby Hackett and Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Phenomenal!!!
Right now Ivan Moravec Chopin Nocturnes...

One of the best recorded piano sound ever in history....If not the best....

If you want to test your audio system, you must hears each note with his own shade and color hue, like by sunset the last light reflecting on a dark and luminous serene lake... If not, embed your system correctly because it is not ...

Mechanical, electrical, and acoustical embeddings are the key audio problem....

By the way it is the best interpretation ever if you have only that to listen to for decades in some jail....His playing is accurate and without any superfluous romanticism.... You will listen slowly cascading chords creating melody, not a ready made melody, like with most other pianist....A gem among rare gems...

:)

Hermit of Mink Hollow ..... Todd Rundgren.

Thx Tomic!
It's looking surprisingly good right now, it was a very clean cut.
Uber, Sorry about your finger.
HOPE no muscles or tendons were severed!
Years ago I cut my index finger knuckle clean-off. Plastic surgeon had to re-attach the cartlidge and the tendons on either side. The 12 weeks with a splint and months of therapy, to regain motion, range and strength in that finger was a royal pain. Spent my first semester of college trying to write legibly, left-handed.
Since then. I've been VERY careful not to let the wrench slip when tightening down a freshly sharpened mower blade!
Mwinkc..
That sounds horrible....
Mine just flesh wound compared to that.
And literally flesh as it was the side of my finger between knuckles so could have been a lot worse!
Woody Guthrie ‎– Bound For Glory (Folkways 1956 mono)

Classic. Stagolee aka Stagger Lee by the Dead and Nick Cave. That song alone could take an evening to delve into.

Oscar Peterson Trio w/Ray Brown & Ed Thigpen - Put On a Happy Face. Recorded live at The London House, Chicago. Verve 1966
Odetta Holmes ‎– Odetta At Carnegie Hall (Vanguard 1960)

She turned Dylan on to folk music. String bass by Spike Lee's dad. Magnificent voice. Historic.
The Modern Jazz Quartet - Blues at Carnegie Hall. Live recording from 1966. Atlantic reissue. Date unknown, but per the label, I’m going to guess 1968.

Pretty nice recording.
The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe.
Szell conducts Beethoven’s piano concerto #5. The Cleveland Orchestra w/Emil Gilels. Angel. Date unknown, but per the label, probably late 60’s.
Uber,
Breakfast in America on MFSL is indeed one of the best!
Got more versions/copies of it on vinyl, CD and SuperDisk than any other albums.

Toning it down a little tonight with 
Macy Gray: Stripped.  On Chesky Records
Glad to see folks enjoying Neutral Milk Hotel. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" is a masterpiece IHMO.