Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Szell conducts Brahms Double Concerto. The Cleveland Orchestra w/Oistrakh & Rostropovich. Angel. About 1970 ?

This album rocks (for slaw 😆).....but I really do mean that, this album was recorded really well and sounds incredible.
Thanks @bkeski,

I can get your meaning. I’m not without experience to classical. My personal favorite is " Fiesta" on Reference Recordings.

Had several experiences with local symphonies.
Carly Simon "No Secrets" WLP

Fun fact... she and James once lived in the same murder house as Nichole and "The Juice".

Well, maybe not so fun.
Charlie Musselwhite- Louisiana Fog ( Cherry Red 5102 )

grades nice, playing great so far...

@bdp24 u got this one ????
Operation Mindcrime.... Queensryche.

Revolution calling indeed!

Another album begging to be remastered and rereleased on 2xlp.
Crammng near 30 minutes aside and sq suffers a lot.
Criminal on this masterpiece.
@bkeske
Outstanding Recording. Attended many concerts at Severence Hall with Szell conducting in early 70s with the family.  Appreciate them more in retrospect than I probably did at the time.  
Hendrix in the West  Polydor UK 1972
"Reunions" is cleaned and flat,

First impression... this maybe a great record for a (hi-fi) dbl record remater? Lots of songs on one disc?
@drrsutliff

Outstanding Recording. Attended many concerts at Severence Hall with Szell conducting in early 70s with the family. Appreciate them more in retrospect than I probably did at the time.

Being in Cleveland (Lakewood) I’m a very biased Cleveland Orchestra ‘fanboy’, even today. But, no doubt it is very hard to replace the likes of Szell; one of the great conductors of all times. Maazel, Dohnanyi, and Welser-Most (and Boulez as well) are/were all very good in their own right, but hard to come after Szell, who essentially made The Cleveland Orchestra into one of the best in the world, and actually still are. Never saw the Orchestra with Szell, (my family moved out of Cleveland at that time), and am jealous you had that opportunity.

Welser-Most is actually doing some interesting things today, after his 18th year. He just created the Orchestra’s very own recording label, and if you check out his/their new and first recording under that label, it is quite impressive. If you have Tidal (or similar) I know they have portions of it. All very promising in continuing to keep The Cleveland Orchestra ‘on the world stage’.

@bkeske 

Many friends still living in Lakewood.  Spent my misdirected childhood in Rocky River.  My parents subscribed to the Orchestra most of their lives including great shows at what is still my favorite location for any concert - Blossom Music Center. To many great memories.  
Bruckner Symphony No.3  George Szell, Cleveland Orchestra
One could argue his grasp on his alcoholism made him a much better artist?
WOW!!!! Hearing just side one of "Reunions"on vinyl, makes me glad at 62, that great music is obtainable!!!!!
@drrsutliff 

I used to live in Rocky River as well with my ex, then moved to Lakewood. All my family is from the East side, so I’m a bit of a ‘black sheep’ ;-)

I’ll keep it going....

Szell conducts Schumann. Symphony 1&2 (from a box set). The Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia. 1971.

@boxer12,

No brother, Jason Isbell.

As you know, Jason Molina passed a few years ago.
Post removed 
Wow, you guys have been busy! I had to scroll through three screens to catch up. I recently picked up a nice copy of Genesis The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway from my favorite Portland audio store. That's on the VPI right now.
@slaw so glad you got that excited about Reunions- it’s that good !!!!
Awlright for the Cleveland boys, remember Music Unlimited ? Play it Again in Lakewood and Hoffman’s ???

iF you look at my vintage system both the 1961 MC240 and 1965 MX-110z came from Music Unlimited...

fun

i am from Huron next to Sandusky and Cedar Point, cousins in Rocky River
Playing that second Trigger Hippy - they are blessed with a lot of vocal
talent...., and they can rock and write a hook....
No @tomic601, not that Musselwhite album. But speaking of Charlie, for a CD of great harp playing, look for an album by a Bay Area guy who studied with him. It's Up The Line by The Gary Smith Blues Band. Gary and I were in a band together straight out of high school, right after he had switched to harp from drums. He's been at it ever since, and is REALLY good, as is his band. His model is Little Walter, also my favorite harp player. 
@tomic601 curious about your interest in Mahler’s 2nd.   Can you tell us more? 
I really like this one:   

Check out "Mahler: Symphony No. 4 in G Major" by San Francisco Symphony & Michael Tilson Thomas on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B000QQZLMA?ref=dm_sh_GHrJ68EGySHkk5k3HwX7OWROo
Baptist Generals / Jackleg devotional
"She went to climbing the insides of my heart. She was not so afraid of the dark"
Back to travelling for next couple weeks.
Guess have to pay for all the new records somehow......
Atlanta onto Columbus.
Today is just travel though and have scoped out 2 or 3 record shops in Columbus to visit so.....😇😇