Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I love Eric, but we are all different. I don't let what others like determine my joy.
Lol at Slaw.

I will let Tomic explain it......

All I am going to say is we never described it with such verbiage back in good ol Blighty!
😁😁
Just winding down a cd I was playing I got from charity shop.
Really enjoyed it and thought yep will look for the vinyl.
Plan scuppered.....
Cheapest on Discogs was $400..... ouch.

The Second Stage Turbine Blade by Coheed & Cambria.
Steve “ binky “ is a child’s blanket... sometimes carried into young adulthood...
As the parent of an ancient Labrador, anything in the above that could be construed as parenting advice for humans would be like injecting Chlorox - not advisable!!!
Fork it Over by The Section is at least as good as I remember.
Probably better now as have two subs as well as the Spatial speakers since I last played it.
Darn awesome imho😇😇

Exactly @slaw. I haven’t heard the first Section album (the only one I’ve heard and owned) since the 70’s; who knows, perhaps I would like it now. On the other hand, what I look for in music is pretty specific. I call my taste in music narrow and deep; I view that of some others as wide and shallow (not meant in the pejorative sense).

At the time I heard The Section album, it didn’t satisfy my musical appetite. But I was making a larger point: that any given group of musicians that one likes may not necessarily make music one also likes. That concept is timeless.

I like The Section as backing musicians, but I don’t (or at least didn’t) like the music they made on their own. I feel the same about their current incarnation, as The Immediate Family. I LOVED Ry Cooder, Jim Keltner, and Nick Lowe backing John Hiatt on the latter’s Bring The Family album, but when all four made an album as Little Village, I found it to be not very good.

For me, it’s all about "the song", and realizing it’s potential. Just like a movie script, the actors being the musicians. the director the producer.

I didn’t find The Section album's songs to be very good, the same for those of Little Village. Without a good song, I don’t care HOW good the musicians are. They are of value only in realizing the potential of the song. As Dylan said in Don’t Look Back, I’m a song & dance man (hold the dance ;-).
Try as I might, LiL Village might end up in the cull pile...

here is IMO a great song:

Bound for Glory - Neil Young - Old Ways

of course it might just be I drove the trans Canada with a GF in a Camaro....

Oh, and @slaw I agree with your opinion of Joan Osborne's Dylan songs album; not her forte, for some reason. LOVE her version of "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted" though, that song (originally recorded by Jimmy Ruffin) being one of my three all-time favorites (the other two being "God Only Knows" and a third that varies depending on the day; some days "No Time To Cry" by Iris Dement, others "The Weight".).
Are the kids off “ the payroll “ ? That’s what I always hear .. but then as a believer in aggressive accounting, the Labrador is technically a dependent....

well the various bits Of cull have post it notes On them, war Dept thought it was elaborate grading code said: I know what Uber is, Slaw is a maybe but what the heck is a bdp24....
@slaw I think you will like it....

I was singing “ what have done to help “ on the elevator the other day.... neighbor got on and she said.,,,, nothing....

@reubent 

I think the Mindy Smith vinyl sounds very good.  Nice wide soundstage with distinct instrument separation. But oh, her voice.  Fills the room.  
Fruit Bats
Found A Round Stone: Live In Portland

(Digital)

good though. A little muffled but styling and musicianship is authentic. Don’t know if it will be issued on a record but check it out on the service of your choice. It’s just like a concert, oh wait, it’s like imagining a concert that would have taken place except that it was cancelled.
@tomic601 were you taking the David Crosby part on “What Have I Done to Help?”
@Uber,  +++++++++++ 1 on the Coheed & Cambria.  Dude, that reflects your MOST EXCELLENT taste.  Also you have a great stereo and that is good taste right there.  
Spirit.
Thank you most kindly for the nice words, much appreciated my friend.
As far as Coheed goes, I caught them live maybe 6 years ago at a Rockville here in Jacksonville... you know when we had live music ... lol.
They were way down the billing so out early afternoon,not much of a crowd yet but they were awesome indeed.
However this was way after the Second Turbine album which I had never head before until today.
One of those bands that have changed somewhat some aspects better and some worse... imho
Very wound up right now, need to take some deep breaths.
Fired up the Rega mono rig and very loud background hum had appeared.
Tried all sorts of grounding tricks but to no avail.
Then I figured the only thing I had done since last played was swap the tonearm cables over between the two tt.
Should NOT have made any difference but swapped them back and peace was restored.

WTF!!!!!
@uberwaltz
One cable has an incomplete ground connection. It is not important for some reason on one tonearm but the other, well hearing is believing...
Drrsutliff.
now I have regained some composure you are likely correct.
I believe it is the cable that came with the 401 as once that was on the Rega is when the hum was very noticeable.
Even back on the 401 it is louder than I would really like.
The slightly to short cable that came with the Rega is very quiet back on the Rega.
Solution?
Open up the 5 pin din end of the offending tonearm cable?
@uberwaltz

Before you open it up do some continuity checks with the center of the five pins to either the ground wire or the external rca shield. See how it was wired or if there is an open circuit.
Post removed