Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@tomic601  - Never done the ice fishing thing. I play hockey and ski in the winter. Not looking for another winter activity. But it does involve drinking beer, right? So it can't be that bad..... I fish a few days every year in Lake St. Clair. Had my best day ever there last November. Two smallie over 6 lbs. and another couple over 5. Good day. Hope to fish Presque Isle Bay for the first time this month. Hear it's really good.

My Qbs are not nearly as nice as my RS1.5s, so I think they are a logical first project. We'll see....
Beethoven
Symphony No 6
Berlin Philharmonic

Vaughn Williams
Symphony No 6 &
The Lark Ascending
New Philharmonia Orchestra

Tony Bennett
Bill Evans
Album
1975 Repress

Finally got an old ELAC Miracord idler up and running, so testing it out with my favourite piece of vinyl, Stravinsky conducting the Columbia Symphony, Rite of Spring.
Might put on Reiner conducting Chicago, through Bartok's Concerto For Orchestra next. 
Keith Jarrett 
Concerts
ECM 1982

Having 3rd disk-enabled out-of-body experience 
Its going to be a great weekend considering the current climate.
My pile of mofi records were just delivered one day early.
Whoopee!
@uberwaltz,

Can I come over and play?
Finally decided to switch carts. Puttin' on the Cadenza Mono.
Slaw
You would be most welcome under much different circumstances my friend!
And one more delivered by the USPS so will make a start on them after dinner.

What do you think of the Cadenza mono?
I was loaned the Cadenza black and I had tried it before on my old Nottingham table where it did not impress.
This time around on the 401 and Micro Seiki arm it was really enjoyable and deeply considering buying it.
@uberwaltz,

On the Vanilla Fudge lp (Sundazed mono)........(I just played it yesterday through the Sussurro).....the central imaging is readily improved, more open, the bass has more power, more air around the performance. Turns out both cartridges are sounding best on the same load setting. I'll have more to say later as I haven't listened to the Cadenza in around three years. I am happy and quite surprised to hear as much difference as I did so far.
Nick Waterhouse "Holly"

The Cadenza is very picky on set-up. Especially on zenith.
I did find the cadenza black responded well to tiny tweaks in setup as well.

The higher up the food chain with a better stylus the more you can get out of them with these small changes in setup I think.
Hey ebm.
Well the Cadenza mono didn’t work out. Either something is wrong with it (150 hours) or it’s a poor tracker or it doesn’t mate with the 3D arm.
Installed my ( fairly new) Brinkman II .
@tomic601 @uberwaltz,

Brinkman Pi. Got it in a package deal when I bought my Rock 7.
Dire Straits  - Communique  - Mofi 45rpm  - sooooooooooooooooooo great. Reference material 
That's my favorite @6t5-gto,,
Rodrigo y Gabriela "S/T" MOV

@slaw  I have many copies but this one is exponentially better than any others that I have heard. It is incredible. 

Dire Straits  - Brothers in Arms  - Mofi 45rpm  - Awesome 
The Beginning of the End, “Funky Nassau”

I was at the local Walmart today and noticed that it caries certain record albums.  The albums all claimed to have some enhanced features for improved sound.  I suppose that most of the people purchasing records now are seeking superior sound — the average listener is just going to stream — so it makes sense that even at Walmart the offerings cater to discriminating listeners.  I still found that interesting . . at Walmart!
@bob540 Or walmart were exploiting their naive customers notion that records sound better. Even on a Crosley.
Bob
Our Walmart STOPPED carrying CD about 18 months ago, I remember creating a thread about it here.
Then about 1 year ago they STARTED carrying lps, very comical actually to me.
And yes most of the albums do have specially enhanced for Walmart claims t them as well.
To be fair prices are reasonable and one day they may actually have something I want.
Well I’ve got my best friend back on the VPI (Sussurro). The other two cartridges will be headed to NY for Peter to look over. Thinking about the Cadenza mono, it should be a good match for the 3D since the whole Cadenza line are the same body/weight? VPI recommends the Bronze.

I reminded again just how good the Sussurro does sound!

Now where are my new lps?
I know the Cadenza Black is/was a tracking demon and never missed a beat while I used it even on some very slightly warped albums.
Tracking was best at 2.1g if I remember correctly.
@uberwaltz

Is it time to refresh your memories on that tracking?  Maybe we should try the Windfeld Ti on your TT for a proper comparison. 
@drrsutliff 

+1 on Twin House.   
—————————

Yo-Yo Ma/Chris Thile/Edgar Meyer
Bach Trios