Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@reubent  Jackrabbit Slim sounds sweeter than I remember.  The production might seem a little uneven but man this music is moving.  
@spiritofradio  - I always liked the simplicity of  "Jackrabbit Slim". Just googled Steve Forbert on Wiki and they mentioned - " Jackrabbit Slim was recorded completely live at Quadrophonic Studio in Nashville, Tennessee,". That explains a lot about the sound......
@reubent that’s interesting and yes explains a lot.  Definitely different room & mikes then on at least one track.   It does have presence and probably was difficult to mix for maximum imaging, etc.  better than I remember though.  It’s staying out in rotation (help make for nice romantic evenings watching the stereo).  
Hem
Eveningland
CD

Because it’s just beautiful and needful just now.  

This and a couple others of theirs really need a vinyl press.  Seems like there would be a large number of the nostalgic that would buy them.   
Sally’s voice is so pure and good.  
@spirit I got just one side of Amber in, intriguing and good and will give further listen before opinion

Best of Leon Russell

Allman Bros Idyllwild South

Stones  Sticky Fingers

Stones  Let it Bleed

Herbie Hancock - River: The Joni Letters

pure genius, IMO... on many dimensions, homage included...

Little Feat  Last Record Album

Neil Young  After the Gold Rush

Eagles  Hotel California

Steve Miller  Fly like an Eagle

Allman Bros   Fillmore East

King Crimson 'in the wake of poseidon'  200 gram super heavyweight vinyl version
Nektar' 'the other side' their new double lp , perhaps their shining star? recording wise and content wise.

@richmon  Wow a new Nektar record after, what, a lifetime.... have to check it out.  Remember the Future” has always been one of my favorites.   
@tomic601 i love that album, as you know.  
Hey, if you haven’t heard it, see what you think of this:

Check out "One Voice" by Willa Giffin, Karen Blake & Jonatha Brooke on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B07S5BTWXV?do=play&trackAsin=B07S33PH85&ref=dm_sh_0uQGt6GhtA...

@spirit I love Jonatha ( & the story )

reserving judgement on Amber till such time as I can hear it on good set of cans in Seattle
i keep moving the listening chair forward (3’ so far ) to fix issues, which cause other issues, but some things - percussion in particular is stellar - so for now a frustrating but hyper good reference for some things :-)))))
J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame.  Just as the record finishes, the power goes out, but only for a few seconds, just long enough to shut down my entire system.
@tomic601 sorry that record is putting you through such paces.

sometimes I move my Fortes around my living room to different effect.  They actually sound really good pushed all the way into the corners on Chesky stuff.  The sound effects are cool.  But really it’s more about the music than the sound tricks.  I just think that record is beautiful music in its recording space.  Her voice, the strings and the percussion.  It really doesn’t sound right in your normal setup? 
The thing I like about her voice is that it’s so real. She sings like people talk. Strangely, although her music is nothing like his, I think she’s like Sinatra in this aspect. A cadence in harmony with the language. I’m weird, I know. Just dig her natural unpretentious ways.
Grannie  -  Grannie  1971
Rush  -  1st Album
Rush  - Fly by Night
Nektar  - Live in New York

Spiritofradio  -  I saw Nektar last Thursday night at a club in Kennett Square, Pa.  I saw them back in the late 70's and saw what is left of the band. They still sound great !!
waters, 

dude, where you been.  we have seriously missed you.  been wanting to ask if you’ve heard this band of kids, Glitter Wizard, that play like the graduated from high school in 1967 not 2017.....

I like their album Hunter Gatherer

please check em out By maybe starting with the cuts “blood of the serpent” and “space” and let us know if they get a most coveted 730waters certificate of hard rock excellence.  Seriously. 
Very cool about Nektar.  I didn’t know they were still working at it.  The original guitar guy passed away a long time ago didn’t he?

Grannie is cool.  I have that one.  Have sort of slowed down on acquisition of heavy stuff lately.  Your return inspires me to rock on. Will play some Sabbath loudly.  Good for a cold day.  
Also saw Nektar last Saturday in Baltimore, they're touring in support of this new album 'the other side' which is a tribute of sorts to members who have passed to the other side. light show and all, terrific concert.and the merch table had colored vinyl for  sale, most all of their back catalog
@richmon yeah I checked and (so far) all I see are shows East of the Mississippi.  So cool.  Looks like the original lighting tech, that they made an official member of the band back in the day, is with them.  
Spiritofradio  -  I have had a bunch of major health issue and a death in the immediate family. Between hospital stays and doctors appointments, I haven't listened to too much music. Nektars concert kinda put me back into the listening mode. I have several more months of treatment, but the good thing is I have tickets for the Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush concert at the Rams Heads in Annapolis in April. SO , I am looking forward to trying to catch up on some music in the next few months.
@reubent

I see Nektar will be playing in Cincinnati on 28th February, hope you get to see them!

Not coming anywhere remotely near Florida unfortunately!
@spirit no worries I love figuring out microphones and placement and trying to correlate to what I am hearing:-) and the Amber was done with microphones and head I am not familiar with :-) this is fun

headed out to see my friend Richard Vandersteen introduction of his new speaker at Stereo Unlimited in San Diego

film at eleven !!!
@uberwaltz  - Thanks for telling me about Nectar playing in Cincinnati. I'll probably skip that one. I missed the first coming of Nectar in the US. Didn't really hear of them until fairly recently. Have to limit my time and budget to bands I follow. BTW, I'm seeing Shovels and Rope at that same venue in April. Already have the tics. Totally different kind of music, but I've seen Shovels and Rope a few times, and I know they put on a hell of a show.

If Nectar live is a "Don't miss at any cost" kind of band, let me know, and I may change my mind. Ludlow Garage/Clifton is only a 25 minute drive from home, so easily accessible. 

Hope your work week is going well!!!!! You home this weekend?