Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Curtis Mayfield “New World Order”, Isley Brothers “Brother, Brother, Brother”, Leon Bridges “Good Thing”... funky vibes
Lou Donaldson  - Blues Walk  - Music Matters  SRX  - stunning, totally stunning 
reubent.
I picked up 4 Alarm albums from the little record store in Keyser, WV a couple weeks backs but not had chance to play any of them yet.
I am expecting them to sound very good indeed!
@uberwaltz  - I hope you enjoy The Alarm records. As you know, I'm a huge fan. I like the songs, old and new, and I like the person - Mike Peters. I think he is very genuine and uplifting. He's a great songwriter and a pretty darn good guitarist. When I've seen the band live, Peters seems to be genuinely happy to be there performing for the fans. His current band is also fantastic.

I can't really comment on the sound quality of the records. I'n a music lover first and I don't let sound quality affect my enjoyment of the music. From memory, the old stuff is typical 80's rock SQ, but fantastic songs. The sound quality of the new stuff is better, but I don't like the song structures as well as I like the older stuff (can say the same about most bands that have been playing for 30+ years). However! I can say that when The Alarm plays the new songs live, intermixed with their old standards, they all come off as equally excellent and cohesive. 

BTW, I'm already looking to see when The Alarm will be back in the US for a tour. I'll be going to see them again next time they come 'round.
Back home and jet lag reversed. Back to normal listening.

"No New York" compilation 1978 (produced by Brian Eno)
James Chance and the Contortions "Sax Maniac"
James White and the Blacks "Off White"
Tucky BuzzardAllright on the Night

Three Man Army
Three Man Army Two

A Foot in Cold Water 
Eponymous

@slaw thanks so much Steve :-) what lovely surprise to find a copy Of Crooked Still in the mailbox today :-) sounds freaking fantastic 
Anderson East “Alive in Tennessee” cover to cover in a post CMA moment. Was an impulse buy and sat for 5mos before I played it; mistake! What a terrific live show - nicely recorded & a recommended musical nugget
@tomic601 ,

Glad you're lovin' it. I think I'll warm the cartridge up with the same lp.
I installed 2 PPT Omega + Mats earlier this week. Those two Chuck Prophet lps have never been so enjoyable before. We..whoooo!

Man, I gotta play "Shaken By a Low Sound Again"...................
Slaw.
Just think about what The Gate might bring to your system.....

Just got back from Virginia and letting the rig warm up.
Started with a R2R album and after letting the new plus mats settle for a week...
Well woohoo is about right!
@uberwaltz,

The Gate seems to be the ultimate. Right now, I'm perfectly happy to let things play out a while.
Slaw.
And so you should!
I had mats, eCards and TC paste for months before The Gate was added.
Get a real good feel for just what the plus mats bring to the table and then play music some more!

However I know that you will not rush anything.....😇😇
Fruit Bats "Absolute Loser"
Got in a couple new lps this week...up later..............
I'm making a pre-Thanksgiving meal...just to see if I've still "got it".