Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Saw Highwoman at Spin Records today... but ran out of budget and desire simultaneously, somebody who has actually heard it, push me over the edge ?????
Thanks for the link @jamesclarke. I'm gonna order that one without auditioning!
@tomic601 @slaw I’ve streamed the Highwomen three times now. Haven’t bought it. To me its more interesting than beautiful. Sure is popular. Sometimes i think the things that make music popular are the things that don’t appeal to me. Ive found this to be true with books even more so.
Btw, this Mindy Smith is meltin my heart. Really sweet.
@spiritofradio - "Come to Jesus", off of Mindy Smith's "One Moment More", is a fantastic song. It is high on my list of most played songs over the last 15 years. I bought the CD when it was released in 2004 and I still listen to it today. Great stuff.....

@reubent yes sir.  She’s in my town this weekend performing in an old church.   Haven't got tickets (yet).  Maybe talk my wife into going with me.  Might be just country enough for her ...
Just back from Springsteen Concert movie: Western Stars, which my spouse and I greatly enjoyed

mailbox held new copy of Lucinda

This Sweet old World on pink vinyl, man is this good....
 @tomic601 that’s sure a good record.  I grew up on a gravel road, so…..

What’s on your turntable for Halloween?

Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
Frenzy
Edsel Records UK 1982 
@tomic601 i ordered a purple Levi Parham “its all good”. Great record. Thanks for the heads up about it.

on a (sort of) related note, have you ever watched this documentary about the Muscle Shoals studio? 
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2492916/

I loved it. Even bought the soundtrack. 
The promotion for “its all good” doesn’t have the studio history quite right but i think their hearts was in the right place. Album sounds really good, esp. the guitar work. And man he’s got a great voice. Not news to you of course.
@16f4, "Greens Onions" is SUCH a cool song! I made it the ring tone on my cell phone. Steve Cropper’s guitar tone on the song is about as wicked as I’ve ever heard. Have you heard the 1990's album by The Hellecasters? Three virtuoso Telecaster players in an all-instrumental album, very hot pickin'! Too bad Danny Gatton had already committed suicide; they coulda been a quartet. ;-)
Never heard of the Hellecasters. I will have to look them up...after I get through my recent jazz accumulation.
The Visitors, In My Youth
Howard McGhee and Milt Jackson
Thelonious Monk, Work! (W/Rollins)
Wilco, The Whole Love (getting ready for the AnnArbor show Tuesday)
Samantha Fish: album "Kill or be Kind"
Lots of good rockabilly and bluesy tracks, in particular: "Dirty" and the Title track.
Walter Wolfman Washington - “My Future Is My Past” & “Half The City” - St Paul & The Broken Bones in a late night session. NOS Grace F9E on the Luxman table sounding particularly nice...
Dave Mason
It's like you never left
Columbia 1973

Don't ever doubt what your heart says, when everything ‘round you says no.  
Rebuilt/upgraded 1975 Thorens TD-160c w/ Shure 97xe Cartridge
Thompson Twins - "Into the Gap!"
Krafwerk - "Tour De France Soundtracks" (Original Pressing not C/D to Vinyl reprint)

Starting things off with,
Ex Hex "Rips"

Great to see several new posters here, welcome!
Welcome @odonustrigg. 
———————————

Widespread Panic
Space Wrangler
2016 pressing of Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" - on Not Now label, on 180 gram BLUE VINYL!  Very "cool".
  Very low surface noise and excellent quality.  Absolutely no pops.
This music is chicken soup for the soul, especially when enjoyed with 35 year old dram of Old Pulteney Scotch whisky.
Mitch
Hey Mitch!
allah-las "Worship the Sun"  (2nd spin)

@orenstein
Wiskey in the mornin’
Cool indeed.  
——————————

Aoife O’Donovan 
In the magic hour solo sessions
EP 2019
streaming this after seeing it announced today but i can’t find the release anywhere.  Will keep an eye out for it.  
Her voice sounds nice and rich on the digital.   

@spiritofradio,

I have all Aoife's studio lps, I think. Love her! Saw her in June w/ I'm With Her".

Well Mitch its not morning somewhere...

————————————-

UFO
No Heavy Petting
Chrysalis 1976 OP

speaking of wicked guitar tone....

————————————-
@slaw   i have two of Aofie’s studio records.   Think that’s all there are on full LP.  I have lots of other wonderful things she’s done like with Noam (seeing him herr in PDX tuesday!) sarah and sarah and Chris Thile and Goat Rodeo and of course the old Crooked Still stuff which I just love and some others.     
I got to hang out with her a bit a fee years ago after a very small show at Sweetwater in Marin.  She is really cool.  Kind of modest and maybe even a little shy.  It was a funny thing that week: Just the night before the Deadly Gentlemen and a couple other of the crooked still alums (the crazy cello player and the violin player Brittany Haas (sp?) were playing freight and salvage in Berkeley.  So, there was a lot of talk about a CS reunion in California but it didn't happen.   I think she is one of those truly unique and beautiful singers who’ve made and chosen really good music.  I really appreciate her.  
@spiritofradio,

There was a chance for those of us in the audience to meet and greet after the I'm With Her show, but I passed out of fear I'd make a fool of myself. Those three gals are very talented, that's for sure.