For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 15 responses by david3838

@skyscraper thanks for your comments on the early British Blues scene.  I’m also amazed at all the great Blues coming out of the UK in the ‘60’s.  John Mayall is indeed the Father (or Grandfather) of British Blues and I’m still awed by all the talent he has gathered over all the years......from Eric, Peter and Mick and he is still doing it with some of the best Blues musicians around.  Last time I saw him was out in San Juan Capistrano a few years ago, I think he was 82 or 83, Rocky Athas was on guitar and that show had as much energy as any I’ve ever seen.  I will be searching on some of the names and groups you mentioned and I’m sure I will come away even more intrigued by British Blues.....Thanks!
@big_greg I think you will be happy when you get your package. I got mine yesterday and was thoroughly satisfied with this Double LP set and SQ was outstanding. 
tomic601.......I was listening to Claptons Just One Night a few days ago and was reminded just how good that LP is!
Supertramp Night......Crime of the Century, Crisis what crisis, Even in the Quietest Moments, Breakfast in America.  Great memories from Supertramps Heyday!  I’m thinking Crisis, What Crisis is going to LeapFrog over Crime of the Century as my new #1.
Revisiting Neil Young’s early stuff.....Harvest, After the Goldrush and his self titled LP - Neil Young.