For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Gene Ammonds  - nice an' cool  - AP 200g 33rpm  - EXCELLENT 
Talk Talk  - The Colour of Spring  - Reissue  - this is a reference record, the SQ is EX+ ,vinyl is good 
Miles Davis  - Miles Smiles  - Speakers Corner reissue,  pretty incredible SQ EX+, staging and depth are EX, vinyl VG+ 
Sandy Denny: I’ve Always Kept a Unicorn.

Sandy Denny: The North Star Grassmen and the Ravens 

The Pentangle: Cruel Sister

The Pentangle: Solomon’s Seal

Fairport Convention: Leige and Leaf
Harmony Rockets with special guest Peter Walker - “Lachesis • Clotho • Atropos”

To my admittedly ignorant mind this might be the best record ever made.   
Checking back into the hotel California, land of the LP
a stack from Discogs awaits the obligatory date with Nitty Gritty.....

java first

but teaser, one is D2D
@uberwaltz -  White City:A Novel .... Pete Townsend

That is one of my favorites. Love every second of it. I originally bought it on CD. Later bought the LP. Ultimately I found a copy of the 12" 45 single of "Face the Face" live, from the movie - White City - A Novel. They are all very good, but the 45 is special.

Have you seen the movie? You can find it (in 2 parts) on YouTube. Heck, I even have the a VHS copy of the movie. Guess I'm a fan.....
@reubent .

Glad I am not on my own for the love of it.

No I have not seen the movie yet,it is on my to-do list. Would like to find it on DVD.
Heck BluRay with a 7.1soundtrack Would be heaven ... Lol.

The production and SQ on the vinyl is truly special. A fantastic system change test record.

I was also using it to evaluate small changes on my phono stage with ceramic cones and les Davis 3d2 pads.
@uberwaltz & @reubent ,

I use to play "White City" quite a lot back in the day. I need to pull it out again. I thought the last time I played it I wasn’t impressed with the SQ. I believe mine is a music club issue. I do have music club lps that sound wonderful. I need to investigate......……...no matter the SQ, it is a great record!
…………………...…...……........
I went out of town to visit family and had to stop by their LRS on the way home. I had planned on just buying one lp, well, you all know how that goes:

Chris Rea "Whatever Happened to Benny Santini?" sealed/1978/OP/cut-out/no bar code.
Lowell George "thanks, I’ll eat it here" sealed/1979/OP/no bar code.
Bruce Cockburn "The Trouble With Normal" sealed/1983/OP
Savoy Brown "Boogie Brothers" pretty sure it’s a OP/London Records/1974/no bar code.
Atlanta Rhythm Section "A Rock and Roll Alternative" 1976/OP/no bar code
$42.00 total. Not bad seeing that most were sealed.

Got these in as well:
JJ Cale "Live" Because Music/first time on vinyl.
Johnathan Wilson "Fanfare"
Steven Wilson "Home Invasion in Concert @ The Royal Albert Hall" box

A great haul there Slaw.

My copy of White City is original issue. And pristine.

Next up 

Pieces of Eight ... Styx.

Pomp rock at its finest!
"A Rock @ Roll Alternative" gets to be first up
……………………….
Welcome @nicks25.
@slaw 

Enjoy!

That is actually the only ARS album I own!

Must rectify that some day!
@slaw - I think I enjoy "White City" more now, than back in the day when I first bought it....

Nice haul at the LRS. I stopped in my LRS today to trade a few records. I picked up the following:

Rush - "Presto" - Bought the recent remaster after listing to it a couple of times on CD and Spotify. The "favorite Rush album" thread took me there!

Concrete Blonde - "Mexican Moon" - 2017 Double LP release

Rare Earth - "Ma" - Original 1973 Motown/Rare Earth Records Release

I'm trying to go to the record store with a policy of taking more records to trade-in than I bring home. Things were getting out of hand and I was running out of room. I'm shooting for a max limit of 1000 LPs (or less) in the room at any time. Was getting dangerously close to exceeding that limit recently. I've done a pretty good job of culling/trading and I've got the number down by a couple of hundred.
@uberwaltz,

The ARS lp sounds fine. I feel like it’s a little tipped up and lacks some soul compared to my MFSL "Champagne Jam". I’d highly recommend that lp to you, for SQ and since as far as used MFSL lps go, it usually can be found for around $25.00.

Up next is Savoy Brown "Boogie Brothers"(M-). I’ve never heard this one but I got a great deal on it. At record shows, SB lps usually start at no less than $25.00.
@slaw 

I do have Boogie Brothers but you do NOT want to know how much it cost!

Let's just say it was a far cry from my $1 bargain bins.....

Let me know what you think!
@uberwaltz,

As far as SQ, I have no problems with it. I can certainly hear Foghat coming through on several tunes. In that regard I like "Lookin’ In" much better for it has more of a unique sound. It does have one stand-out, IMO, "My Love’s Lying Down". Hell yeah! I wish I would had known about this band in my impressionable years.

Upon closer inspection, it was made in USA, mastered at Sterling Sound, it is the heavy vinyl that some were of that period w/ blue London label, has a period inner sleeve.
Its a toss up between lookin' in or raw Sienna for myself, tough call.

Nearly all output is worth listening to no matter what era
Up next:
Lowell George "thanks I'll eat it here"   This record has been recommended to me in the past by a couple of friends. I have never heard it and never actively searched for it. Today, it just appeared before me, sealed. I grabbed it. 
The LG lp is fantastic! I’m sure you all already know. SQ = EX!
…...……………………..
@livin_262002  Welcome.
Lowell is my lost brother
i can highly recommend the book Rock n Roll Doctor

all this White City and ARS talk, have both headed my way near mint for $6.50 including shipping

Funny my brother in law is a big time Savoy Brown fan, invited us to vineyard blues fest in Ramona ( think mountains, dust, dirt, rodeo stage )
holy crap they kicked it
about 3 years ago
fan since
That's cool @tomic601 

Up next, Johnathan Wilson "Fanfare" . This is a recent lp, from this decade I think. I've been a fan upon first hearing his "Gentle Spirit" lp. I never kept up with most of his output. I've been trying to correct that mistake. His records are recorded all analog as far as I know.
Halfway through "Fanfare". Yes! There are many words written in the liner notes describing the effort made and equipment used for this all analog recording. It sure is a joy to hear the end result. Besides just hearing the difference, being able to turn the volume up as high as I want without any sort of reason to want to turn the volume back down....this is all too rare. Love it!
R.E.M. “Document”
Frank Black “Teenager of the Year”
Metallica “And Justice....”