For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@uberwaltz,

Thank you for your impassioned response. It proved to me that I may have had an uninformed look into your world. I commend you for your ongoing search for great music!
@slaw a lifetime ago it seems now - we lived in Charleston for 3 years and made several musical pilgrimage up there..you are blessed to live nearby !!!!
might be fighting words for some but as a Duke grad, i have soft spot for NC all around...from the hollars to the OBX...
@uberwaltz 

Attitude
Catch Me Now I'm Falling
Pressure
National Health
(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman
Low Budget
In A Space
Little Bit Of Emotion
A Gallon Of Gas
Misery
Moving Pictures

The Kinks - "Low Budget" is a blockbuster IMHO. Right on Brother! Ass kicking album from 1979.
The rest (other lp) from Jason Molina's Love & Work (The Lioness Sessions). WOW!
 @reubent Inspired by you...

The Kinks CD 5 The Anthology 1964 - 1971

soundstage on Victoria stretches to the house up the hill and the Island across the Sound.... freaking expansive!!!!!!
Working through some of my record store day finds...

Elvis Costello - Pulse
Sublime - Nugz: The Best of the Box. This is pretty disappointing, it's really noisy for a brand new record. 
The Single Factor ... Camel.

Fabulous SQ and yes this one cost a lot more than $1 .... Lol.

Trying to also complete my Camel collection.
Moving away from RSD releases to some other recent pickups - Bad Company - Self Titled and Sly & The Family Stone Greatest Hits
@uberwaltz - I can't disagree with you about that one! One of my favorite albums from possibly my favorite band. Love the whole record, but especially love the closer - "La Villa Strangiato".
Reubent.
I am torn between 2112 and Hemispheres as best " classic Rush" album.

Maybe not to everyone liking but I really like Snakes & Arrows as one of their better later efforts.

Just my opinion of course.
a contemplative Easter listening session ( so far )

Amos Lee - Supply and Demand
Amos Lee - Sprits
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat ( remaster )
Agnes Obel - Citizen of Glass ( stunning )
London Grammer - If You Wait...love the reverb, and of course her voice....
Dollar find at a flea market: VG+ copy of Sugar Creek “Please Tell A Friend”
Marc Ribot - The Prosthetic Cubans...dripping with sustain, bent notes and reverb..touch of overdrive...lovely sweet....and BIG
@millercarbon - I like "Signals" well enough. But it's probably not in my top 5 (but certainly in my top 10). Some day I'll have to sit down and actually think about it and rank my top 10 RUSH albums.

No particular order, but these are some top contenders for me:

"A Farewell to Kings"
"Moving Pictures"
"Hemispheres"
"Permanent Waves"
"2112"

Sheryl Crow - "Tuesday Night Music Club" - Limited edition RSD Black Friday 180-Gram 2 LP Set on cool blue vinyl.

Underrated IMHO. I especially like the slow ones - "No One Said It Would Be Easy" and "I Shall Believe".
Tonight, Junior Kimbrough again, "God Knows I Tried" by Fat Possum Records. Their motto is " We’re Trying Our Best". None of the songs on this album were recorded in a studio. All on location...like Junior's juke joint.

Really enjoying these raw, elemental blues. Don’t think I’ll get into _collecting_ old blues vinyl but kind of like the vinyl process with this basic music and may buy more new or used releases (that aren’t collector’s items).

@millercarbon, my favorite song from Signals is The Analog Kid. However, that album marked the end point of my interest in Rush. Still love everything before it but have not cared for a single Rush song after that album. I don’t hold it against them; they’ve had great success with all the later albums and more power to them...they just didn’t do anything for me.
@millercarbon - Listening to RUSH - "Signals" now. Can't find my LP, so I'm listening via Spotify.

Solid album. I like "Subdivisions", "The Analog Kid", "Digital Man" and "New World Man" (The "hits" from the record). But I think my favorite track might be "Losing It". I like the song structure and the lyrics.
I record I picked up yesterday at a vinyl garage sale. Neil Young & Crazy Horse. Everybody knows this is nowhere.. Love the guitar work on a couple songs especially 'Down by the river', love that song too. A tiny little noise at the start of side one but $5 :)
The Ghost of Tom Joad, the exception to the Springsteen Rule (Great music, bad recording).

Michael Ruff Speaking in Melodies, the Sheffield LP, 1299 of 5000. Always forget the name of the Swedish guy on trombone which is a crime, as he delivers two of the best trombone solos ever. 

All I got to follow Sheffield is Hot Stampers:
Fleetwood Mac Rumours
Fleetwood Mac
Honky Chateau

Oh, and all on new tubes. Life is good.

@Millercarbon 

I understand how you feel about what happened with Rush’s music after Subdivisions.   (The new wave period was something of a letdown - and those songs haven’t held up well and they didn’t include them in their sets after).  But, you might try “Half the World”, “The Color of Right”, and perhaps the instrumental “Limbo” off the album “Test for Echo” and find your enthusiasm renewed.   I do not want to be argumentative about it but what else of thrilling aspect was happening in the relatively tasteful wing in broader context of progressive in the early 90s?   Dream Theatre?  Primus?  Tool?  What were you into around that time that still really rocked?   I found myself having to absorb whole new- to -me kinds of music to find thrills and contentment.  All the while though Rush kept rocking.  And IMO the above couple of three cuts are examples of Rush that are absolutely timeless.  

@millercarbon.  Please forgive me. My post should have been noticed to @n80.  Sorry about that.  Demented old Rush fan....
@slaw 

Loving the Valerie June record on vinyl.  I dream about that woman.  I’m not kidding - woke up humming “Astral Plane” and put it on first thing.   Did you see my post about her live radio recording of these songs - it’s just on Spotify far as I can tell.
Thank you to each of you, especially @tomic601 and @N80 lately, getting some really great musical ideas from you.  
At your service demented old Rush fan !
tshirts should be issued !!!

all analog cassette tapes today as we work a tooling project in the garage... thank God for Nakamichi!

Dire Straits- On Every Street
Ry Cooder - Get Rhythm
Ry - Jazz
on a roll
Joni - Wild Things

@jamesclarke, good question regarding what I was listening to in the early 90's if I had given up on Rush. I had to think back....and I may have some chronology wrong, but.....Black Crows, Counting Crows, Blue Mountain, Son Volt, Pearl Jam and other alt rock...never into Nirvana. U2. REM. Even Hootie.

So, in a word....no prog rock. Sadly.
Found a really nice copy of Dusty in Memphis recently. Sounds great so far. 
Switching to the indoor system....

Christine Perfect - The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions