Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
"Chet Baker Sings."  A 1957 pressing I found this past weekend.  Sounds pretty good considering it's over 60 years old!
even the dog is wondering what is up with Rush binge today....volume levels up......

” The natives smile and pass along a sample....”
Colter Wall "Songs of the Plains" Looking at Colter’s picture while listening, I can’t help but wonder where that voice comes from. SQ = Amazing!
The National "High Violet"  Wow!, this lp sounds SO much better than the last time I played it. I thought it sounded good then?
Keith Richards - "Talk is Cheap" - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition on Red Vinyl

Outstanding!

@reubent ,

It'd be an interesting comparison to the OP/Virgin. You don't happen to have both do you?
@slaw - Nope, don't have the OP. Don't know why. For some reason I bought the CD at the time of the original release, 30 years ago.
Everything is sounding superb now with the now broken-in Sussurro, it's hard to quit listening. The Pumpkins lp was sounding really good but it is a 3 lp set, so on to other thing.

Noah Gundersen "Ledges"

Traffic "John Barleycorn Must Die"

Ordered the new box set from Amazon uk.
Two new near-White Hot Stampers arrived, Elton John Honky Chateau and Fleetwood Mac Rumours. Not a lot of time last night but you don't just play one of these its a production so a little Al Stewart goes on to warm things up. Then I got some cool high voltage ceramic insulators off eBay to help route cables. Same as Cable Elevators only a lot cheaper. Compared with and without and sure enough they work just like the Cable Elevators and so with the system warm and tuned up its time for....

Honky Chateau! This nearly White Hot Stamper (both sides A++ to A+++) has a sticker saying its from England. Whatever. The cover like all my Hot Stampers is pristine. The LP so crisp and clean it has an almost otherworldly look to it. Packaged in the best sleeves on the market its an experience just pulling it out and putting it on the platter. Carefully. Very, very carefully! LOL!

And I know what you're thinking: its freaking Elton John? How good could it be???! Which is what I thought too. Never known for SQ, Elton. 'Cept, turns out the brilliant Ken Scott (The White Album, Crime of the Century) was on it. Which each side, damn, from the very first note you feel it. The piano, the bite of the violin, the way even the loudest most crowded passages that everywhere else you have heard it congeal here each and every instrument and voice stays clear and unmolested in its own right. What an experience. 

But oh, sorry guys, "This item is no longer available." lol!
 https://www.better-records.com/product.aspx?pf_id=john_honky_1903

That was last night. Tonight: Rumours!
@slaw 

I am getting this feeling you have a thing for Luna perhaps?

😇😇
@millercarbon.
And that my friend is exactly the ritual I was referring to in another music thread.
That takes the right frame of mind to do it justice for sure.
@millercarbon,

Is the EJ lp a DJM (Dick James Music) pressing? In the dead wax...is there a funny word like strawberry?
Eels "Soul Jacker"!!!
.........…......……......…......…......
@uberwaltz,

Seriously speaking, I think it would be hard for any one to get too much Luna.
Discovered a VG+ first pressing of Etta James’ “Etta James Rocks The House” in the back of a thrift store today.     Sweet.  
Hydra .... Toto.

Definitely not one of their better known releases but I find the SQ is pretty darn good.

Or it could be my new to me Lyra cart is making just about everything sound good .... Lol.

Record store Day 2019 visits to 3 participating stores: Lou’s Records Encinitas, Spin Records Carlsbad, Folk Art Records San Diego 

CSNY - 4 Way Street

Fleetwood Mac Self Titled

Stones - Big Hits Vol 1 and Vol 2

Tedeschi Trucks - High & Mighty 45 RPM with fantastic performance and Sonics !!!!! Yowsa

Tony Joe White - Live in Austin

Yes - Self Titled ( 50th Anniversary) Orange vinyl, Stanton cover is beautiful, wish pressing quality matched up....

Will add more listening notes as I clean my way thru the pile....

Grateful Dead - Live at the Warfield ( Acoustic)

Leon Russell - Live at Gilley ‘s

Ramones - Live at the Palladium

Roots Radics Dub Syndicate- Dub the Planet Vol 1

Pat Travers - Live! Go for What You Know

I picked up a nice clean copy for $3.60 at Everyday Music while I was in Portland yesterday.
 @reubent While waiting in RSD lines I found a sealed Japanese copy of Willy - Stardust

which I did play last eve.... beyond event horizon white hot stamper grade....

fun, enjoy the music
The Alternate Fleetwood Mac
big smile !!!!! Absolutely a fantastic alternative view and in a sparse way better - Crystal in particular 
The Tony Joe White Album is stellar performance, sound and pressing quality... really a winner

from 1980

my youth...
Been obsessively tweaking my system, breaking in a new integrated amp and cartridge, balancing my tone arm, etc.   Decided today to run everything through its paces with a Prestige OJC pressing of Sonny Rollins “Saxophone Colossus”.  Followed by an old favorite performer Bruce Cockburn compilation “Waiting For A Miracle”.  Gonna try to cure IGD with a new protractor.   Almost there...
History of Eric Clapton.

Seems everybody was obtaining chestnuts on RSD bar myself.

Only LRS I have is used , so I just made do with a bag full of $1 steals ... Like this!

Non-RSD Acquisitions...Only because Slaw admitted his

Willie Nelson - Stardust Mint Japanese pressing

Luther Dickinson and Sisters of the Strawberry Moon - Solstice 

• Always a big fan of Amy Helm, that got my attention and the whole disc is riveting and supportive of other female singers of note and talent ( Birds of Chicago, Sharde Thomas, The Como Mamas
  • Pressing and SQ excellent 

Townes Van Zandt - Flyin’ Shoes

Sarah Bareilles - Amidst the Chaos