Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

The Rolling Stones "from the vault/No Security/San Jose ’99"

2018/Eagle Rock Entertainment

Sorry I'm playing cds I just got from my local library this week $1 buck apiece...Tapestry revisited, 30 Greatest hits from Aretha Franklin, The Jeff Healey Band He'll to pay....not bad for 3 bucks...

Seasick Steve "You Can’t Teach an Old Dog New Tricks"

2011/There’s a Dead Skunk Records

Vern Gosdin-Chiseled In Stone Side 1

Herbie Mann-Monday Night At The Village Gate(SD 1462) Side 2

Bob Seger-The Distance Side 1 SQ*

Judy Collins-Wildflowers Side 2

Denise Lasalle-A Lady In The Street Side 2 SQ*

Vladimir Horowitz/Ormandy-Golden Jubilee Concert Side A SQ Audiophile

Scorpions-World Wide Live Side D

Woody Shaw-Master Of The Art Side 1 SQ Audiophile

5/8 Albums had not been previously played, After nearly 3 weeks with my system down due to vacation/family and summer. its great to be back. No SQ issues tonight even the weakest(Gosdin) was very acceptable. Woody Shaw gets the SQ crown tonight with a 5* recording(content).

@slaw: Congratulations on picking up the Rodney Crowell album, Steve. The Houston Kid has been in my Top 10 list of 21st century albums since it's release (on CD only) in 2001. I've been hoping for it to be released on LP, and bravo to VMP for doing so earlier this year.

By the way, they also released Iris DeMent, Tammy Wynette, Marty Stuart, John Prine, Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Billy Joe Shaver, Waylon Jennings, Keith Whitley, and Sturgill Simpson albums, but just yesterday announced they are cancelling their Country Music "track". It was nice while it lasted.

@bdp24, Eric, I bought The Houston Kid on vinyl mainly from your recommendation that it is your favorite Crowell album. No regrets! I have several of the artists you mentioned above on VMP/AAA (among others), and am impressed. The 30% off sales for AAA is nice these days.

Checkfield - Water, Wind. and Stone. 80s new age jazz up there with Metheny and Winter

@slaw: Rodney played at The Roxy on Sunset Blvd. in support of the release of The Houston Kid, just he playing an acoustic guitar accompanied by an electric guitarist (Steuert Smith) and bassist (the great Jerry Scheff, a favorite of mine and T Bone Burnett).

While I missed a drummer, they were of course fantastic. Sitting alone at the table next to mine---and watching & listening intently---was Dave Alvin (my gal was stoked; she’s a big fan of The Blasters). The show was not only very enjoyable, but also a master class in songwriting, singing, and musicianship. They were as good as it gets.

Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit "Georgia Blue" 

2021/Southeastern/Thirty Tigers 

Jimmy Buffett-You Had To Be There Side 2

Sonny Rollins-Next Album Side 2

Schumann/Artur Rubinstein(LSC 2669) Side 1 SQ*

Foghat-Stone Blue Side 1 SQ*

Devonsquare-Walking On Ice Side 1

Chris Connor-Classics Side 2 SQ Audiophile

The Call-ST Side A SQ*

Kenny Burrell/Grover Washington Jr.-Togethering Side 2 SQ Audiophile

Only Buffett and Connor were previously played. Ms. Conner takes the SQ crown with 5* content and near demo level SQ. Stone Blue has top level SQ for a heavy rock recording. 

@bslon I'm with you on all except for strange days, which marked a notable decline from the flawed genius that came befre. Quicksilver otoh is a candidate for the goat.

Terry Allen and The Panhandle Mystery Band " Just Like Moby Dick"

2020/Paradise of Bachelors