TA-102 fo.Q Product from Japan "TRY These"

TA-102 fo.Q from Japan. 
I just added these to the bottom of my Focal Speaker stands. They are supposed to reduce vibrations and I must say they have tightened up the soundstage and bass. For a package of 2 for speakers they cost about $35 and it only took about a week to receive. 
I bought additional ones that I will try on the inside of some of my component covers. These are the real deal, even  better than Herbies!

ozzy
128x128ozzy

😊

Merry christmas to you and your family ...🎄

Dont forget to report ...

System not configured at the moment.

Just received my upgraded Mad Scientist power cables. And an Iso Regen.

Will put it together over the Christmas break

System not configured at the moment.

Just received my upgraded Mad Scientist power cables. And an Iso Regen.

Will put it together over the Christmas break.

And you result?

Finally getting round to applying fo.Q Tape to the rest of my equipment.

DDC, Dac, Puritan PSM156, iFi Powerstation etc.

Finally getting round to applying fo.Q Tape to the rest of my equipment.

DDC, Dac, Puritan PSM156, iFi Powerstation etc.

I'm still playing with different items. I will never stop. I need to revisit the fo.Q again.

ozzy

Ozzy.

Thank you for your support. I'm never going to stop experimenting or trying new tweaks.. The only way to know is to,  hear/see/experience in my system. Thankful for these forums and members who try something and report back with results. 

lexphin,

I don’t think some of your tweaks are really snake oil.

The Townshend Podiums have become mainstream along with using upgraded power cords. And I am using Rick Shultz (HF) "Pro" liquid on most of my connections.

Never be worried about experimenting. Heck you never know what will work/improve the sound quality until you try it.

ozzy

I have been looking at Fo.q tape for a while and finally decided to buy. I ordered 1 package of T32 and T102.

Disclaimer: I use many "snake oil tweaks" with a very positive result. 

Some of which are:

Cable goop- nano Flo

Spring platforms- Townshend 

Heartsound room treatments 

Uber expensive power cables- Elrod. 

IME the Fo.Q tape is the best value Tweak of the bunch, not the biggest impact,  but certainly a significant one!

I covered the top of all the large caps in my amp (16) and was stunned at the overall improvement. I will be doing my preamp next!

go outside pick up a couple of pebbles and stick them under your speakers  listen to your tape then listen to your pebbles  .....which is better  now laugh at yourself

Post removed 

OK now applied it to the caps in the speaker crossover.  Again another step up in quality and enjoyment. Best bang for the buck change to my hifi I've ever made.

Fo.q tape on crossover caps

I read this thread with interest, and decided for the relatively small cost (less than 1 SR fuse) I could give this a try.  Sheets turned up a while ago, but only just got round to applying it.  Started off by putting a thick strip on the bottom of the chassis of amps, innuos zenith, PSM 156, Phoenix USB and Dave and had a listen.

Yep, definite improvement.  Sounds less hifi and more realistic, more musical.  Maybe better sound stage too.  Highly recommended for the price

Hi there - I am new to blog and I have tried various tweeks over the years.  And some work really well - some so so.  But I do believe that sometimes we just need to let our ears listen and not be so critical of science,etc.

I have been in a few blogs and this fo.Q has been mentioned.  Mostly favorably.
I pulled the pin and bought the TA102 today.

3 Questions though:
1) Can I use this on the top of a CD player (bottom of top chassis)?
2) Does it only work to reduce vibrations? 
3) If only vibrations, does anyone have any recommendations to use in a CD and DAC chassis to reduce EMI/RFI energy?  Meaning on the top cover but placed on the underside of the cover.

Thanks
Chris
I just placed the TA-102 fo.Q on top of my Grand Prix amp stand under my amp along with a PPT mat (thank you Krissy) on top of it. 
I must say both products have improved the music solidary.

ozzy
I buy stuff from Japan all the time.
EMS - Japan Post is very fast as are FedEx and DHL.
This fo.Q product has me intrigued.
@whostolethebatmobile thank you for your recommendation for the ta-102 placements.

Just had a fellow member suggest this.

Those of you who have used it, would it interfere with PPT mats, or Akiko Audio products?
I have a home remodeling project going on and I have not been able to check out my tweaked out Niagara much. From the little amount I have been able to use it, it does seems to add a touch of quietness to the presentation. But, I need to spend more time with it. 

ozzy
And on the CD tray (if inside, use TA-32). Not that I have a CD player, but I’ve heard the results.
Three 1.5” strips on a CD label in a radial direction, like spokes on a wheel.
Ozzy did tape do anything on conditioner, I only have 2 packs, wondering if conditioner should be priority with my limited tape. Ever heard and seen a transformer vibrate continues on a pole it has to come in.

For Windows can I suggest my Flying Saucers for Windows? Small 1” copper foils. They’re even directional. One per window. Crystals are effective on Windows, too. 
It only took 5 minutes to do the window test. It didn’t work very well, no noticeable improvement, a waste of good fo.Q tape at least in my listening room. After the test, I took the strips off the window and stuck them to the underside of my PrimaLuna amps where I have not used any fo.Q before. A huge improvement immediately on the amps. (I hope the glue doesn’t melt, but even if it does it won’t do any harm under the PrimaLunas).

edit - under the PrimaLunas is really a knock-out!
Has anyone used the TA-102 fo.Q on glass windows? I was wondering if these could substitute for the pricier Marigo Dots.
Correction - I have compared it with AVM. - fo.Q works much better and produces subjectively similar results, but AVM had the benefit of being non-conductive and therefore excellent for use on circuit boards. fo.Q has the benefit of being removable.
mrdecibel - 
I have not compared fo.Q with any of the materials you mentioned. However in theory, the fo.Q should be more effective than any of them, for the reasons I have already stated earlier in this thread.

Whenever and wherever I use fo.Q, it has always provided a better improvement than I expected. I can't even think of any time I used it, when the result was not good.
I grew up using mortite, and since it's introduction, use Dynamat as a dampening material ( speaker horns, speaker frames, speaker boxes, tt platters, component chassis’s, etc., with great success, and improved sq). Would this tape be as effective, less or more so, than the Dynamat product ? I have also used roofing repair tape. And in place of AVM ( anti vibration magic ), as it was ridiculously expensive when it was available, I have used DAP Dynaflex 230 silicone sealant ( the one that does not harden ) on capacitors and crossovers, with again, excellence in improved sq. You can use others, like GE, but DAP is more economical. Thank you. And, for the 1 or 2 naysayers ( jkbtn ), I simply ignore you folks. Enjoy ! MrD.
Ozzy, please post your results on your 7000. One of the biggest improvement in audio for me has been power related.

Well I just finished applying the fo.Q inside my Audioquest Niagara 7000.
I placed a full sheet on the inside cover. The rest was cut up pieces and placed on every cap, electrical device, on the outlets, IEC etc. avoiding any electrical contacts. The only place I did not place it was on transformers. I was concerned that they may get hot and melt the product.

Anyway, the deed is done, now to test the results.

ozzy
I think a lot of problems with Japan Post happen when the items hit USPS. For small items FedEx works great.
Hi Paul -
I would consider covering any or all parts of the metal ribbing of speaker baskets, to suit your taste. I would personally cover all of the metal basket. I don’t think you could over-do it with fo.Q, unless you happen to like metallic ringing and distortion as part of the sonic blend (some do!). The basket isn’t really technically part of the transducer therefore it shouldn’t be vibrating at all. Maybe start with one 20mm strip on each rib to see if you like it. If you like it, adding more will give you more of what you like.
Because fo.Q deals with low amplitude vibrations very efficiently, it is not subject to the same sonic pitfall as other damping materials (or at least to a much lesser extent). Namely, absorbing certain frequencies but leaving others behind to dominate and muddy the sound.

batmobile you stated go liberal on speaker baskets. I used mortite caulking puddly rope long ago on speaker baskets and there was a definite improvement. On a 6 1/2 inch driver how big of a piece do you consider liberal on each rib of basket. Now I'm on my way to 50 packs.

Well someone obviously thinks he can be sneaky and repost the same drivel ( with a couple of minor snips)that a mod just deleted and it will now be fine.

Says all I need to know .......

And no it was not I that reported your prior post, I actually do have a life amazing as that may seem... Lol.
I used 12 full packs just to line the entire insides / underneath of my Kuzma Stabi M. Results are mind-boggling.

http://www.g45central.com/posts/Kuzma100.jpg
Damn I felt sorry jkbtn I was a fool, something's wrong with that fella. At least I discovered a product that's cheap and should work. I'm a big believer in vibration control to lowers noise floor. This should be fun to see what improvements I can get out of $70. Don't think I'm going to buy 50 packs like batmobile, at least I hope not. Hope you have you run out of places to put it, your in it for over $1500 in tape. When does this end?

geoffkait15,031 posts05-01-2019 11:23am
>>>>That’s so silly. I was solving Lorentz transformation equations when I was 15. <<<<
Hey, the forum troll... you what? Where did you get that silly idea? Google or Wikipedia? You do not solve the Lorentz transformations but you DERIVE them. You should’ve studied harder. But I don’t think you’ll ever get it.

uberwaltz

"... Exactly the same word for word posts as they have already posted in some other threads, obviously struggling to come up with many variations on a theme so just copy and paste.... "

Yes I simply copy and paste just to save time. Do I need to come up with variations? For what? Perhaps I am trolling on here these days but obviously not as mush as you are.... using big fancy words that you don’t even understand... and misleading people

Come on...Uberwaltz may be a nice guy, but head of the fo.Q snake? He hasn’t even got his first pack yet!

I’m the head. It’s me, me, me! See my pic below.
Uberwaltz can be a leg, when he gets his tape. Maybe he will work his way up to the head.

http://www.g45central.com/posts/Kuzma101.jpg
HAHAHAHA

Thank you so much, I needed a belly laugh tonight!
Very normal stereotype ( sic) response.
When run out of any half way meaningful arguments go straight for the personal insults.
Works like a charm......
Cos im the leader of the pack I am!
Good on ya sport!
Post removed 
“Actually you can understand the special theory, probably except for the Lorentz transformation which requires higher level math skills. It will certainly make you cry.”

>>>>That’s so silly. I was solving Lorentz transformation equations when I was 15. Perhaps you need to take a smart pill before you try. You seem impressed by words with more than two syllables. No offense.
As something relevant to this thread I have also purchased two packs off eBay and will be time to play.

These tweaks on chump change are refreshing compared to wholesale multi thousand dollar equipment changes !

BTW my experience with ordering from Japan ( numerous eBay items over the years) is this.

It may say a month but I think that is to cover themselves. If it is light and goes by Japan air post you are likely to see it in a week to 10 days.
Heavier items will take a little longer ( think turntable which took 2 weeks) but I have never had to wait more than 3 weeks.