TA-102 fo.Q Product from Japan "TRY These"

TA-102 fo.Q from Japan. 
I just added these to the bottom of my Focal Speaker stands. They are supposed to reduce vibrations and I must say they have tightened up the soundstage and bass. For a package of 2 for speakers they cost about $35 and it only took about a week to receive. 
I bought additional ones that I will try on the inside of some of my component covers. These are the real deal, even  better than Herbies!

ozzy
128x128ozzy

Showing 18 responses by ozzy

folkfreak,

It would seem that anything that is affected by vibration would benefit. Perhaps even component stands?
What happens if you over do it? Does it deaden the sound?

ozzy
Thanks folkfreak,

Is there guide available as to where they are the most effective? Definatly attach them to speakers!

ozzy
Wow! Thanks so much for that info.
How about under footers? Or underneath equipment covers?

ozzy
whostolethebatmobile,

How about over the breakers in the electrical panel?
Also if I place some of it inside components is heat a factor?

ozzy
At least the cost of experimentation of the referred "Snake Oil" is minimum.

ozzy
I have a Audioquest Niagara 7000 and I was thinking of using the Fo.Q extensively inside it. Under the cover, on caps, on the IEC inlet.

ozzy
But just think, you are comparing a $3000 product to a $35 one.
Don't try it if you are so sure it is "Snake Oil", but how can you be so sure?

ozzy
I started the thread because I was impressed that for $35 I could get some improvement, not earth shattering but noticeable. No financial interest for me.
As I stated previously, even though you have never tried it (or did you?)  you seem to know it is "Snake Oil," so, then just don't buy it.

ozzy
Thanks paulcreed for your input. I also have Furutech NCF outlets, inlets and plugs/IEC.

In the next couple of days I will be installing some of the TA-102 fo.Q inside my Niagara 7000, that should be a real test.

Again, I am not saying nor do I expect HUGE changes, but an improvement of any amount would be great for $35. As we upgrade to better components, small improvements become quite noticeable. That is in my opinion.

ozzy
paulcreed,

Getting items delivered from Japan is a crapshoot. My first order took only a week, but I think that was fluke. The second took much longer (about 3 weeks) and the third has not arrived yet. But I did order them a few weeks apart.

ozzy

Well I just finished applying the fo.Q inside my Audioquest Niagara 7000.
I placed a full sheet on the inside cover. The rest was cut up pieces and placed on every cap, electrical device, on the outlets, IEC etc. avoiding any electrical contacts. The only place I did not place it was on transformers. I was concerned that they may get hot and melt the product.

Anyway, the deed is done, now to test the results.

ozzy
I have a home remodeling project going on and I have not been able to check out my tweaked out Niagara much. From the little amount I have been able to use it, it does seems to add a touch of quietness to the presentation. But, I need to spend more time with it. 

ozzy
I just placed the TA-102 fo.Q on top of my Grand Prix amp stand under my amp along with a PPT mat (thank you Krissy) on top of it. 
I must say both products have improved the music solidary.

ozzy

lexphin,

I don’t think some of your tweaks are really snake oil.

The Townshend Podiums have become mainstream along with using upgraded power cords. And I am using Rick Shultz (HF) "Pro" liquid on most of my connections.

Never be worried about experimenting. Heck you never know what will work/improve the sound quality until you try it.

ozzy

I'm still playing with different items. I will never stop. I need to revisit the fo.Q again.

ozzy