for Technics SU-R1000 owners....unit already discontinued? where to service?

I think I have some minor software issues with my out of warranty unit

My first touchpoint with Technics/Panasonic Canada has them indicating the unit is discontinued and no suggestions on where to have serviced

I can't envision too many local techs having the software expertise for this, the nature of digital type amps I guess

Have any current owners found a repair centre that can work on these?

audiocanada

their web site directs you to one of their service centers in your area, have you reached out to the service center closest to you and ask them directly? 

yes two thus far, no luck yet.....some of those spots are for servicing other types of gear including non audio

as an aside, I know all the reputable pro amp repair guys around my neck of the woods none of which service Technics in an official capacity, and these guys are pretty much strictly analog

I'll likely have to ship the unit to somewhere

as suspected, just received another fail response from a repair centre, despite making it clear that it needed service on the software side........

............"Sorry your unit is no longer repairable due to age. No one will be able to get any parts to repair your unit Thank you"

this is actually not that surprising to me, one of my own local guys who is an amp wizard froze when he saw the unit, combination of the digital and topology aspects I suspect

what's interesting is that they continually refer to this unit as old, lol

had similar issues on the past with a software issue on a Hegel amp where in the dealer ended up just sending me a new unit after months of failed warranty/repair attempts

I had same issue with $2k worth Mavic drone. Once new model in, old model is abandoned trash. Therefore I prefer living in the past(the time when girl and boy were the only 2 choices!) and get absolutely no vehicles with button start and get absolutely no appliances with electronic control board, and, certainly, get absolutely no software driven audio-components. 

@czarivey I may get in trouble for this, but Keep your ideas about the sexes in the cave that you are living in. I come to this site for education about audio. If you feel you need to express your feelings, go to a Maga rally and scream to the top of your lungs. But leave it out of this forum. Sorry, everyone else for the rant just can’t stand people who live under a rock and then want to come out and say something. We are all people in this world trying to live in it and comments like that don’t make it better.

gkelly, do you believe your comments about a MAGA rally are any different? Or your characterization of the poster as "living under a rock"?

Your post is no different than czarivey's, it's just the flip-side of the coin.

@builder3 you bring up a very good point. and definitely saying two bad things doesn’t make it right. I just get frustrated when people say things that have no value to the subject.

Sometimes you can refer to the particular time differently without mentioning specific calendar date or dates. For example: 40 pounds ago...

Referring to the time all sorts of different ways should not be a problem whether it has or hasn’t any idea(s) about genders. You can easily specify the time when 2 genders were the only option and can definitely tell when it’s been happening + on top of that, been testing Audiogon’s automoderation to continue with the subject. All-in-All of that to say, I prefer simpler things over complicated things in general getit @gkelly ??

Your frustration and prejudice isn’t at all with people who say things that have no value at the subject, but rather with yourself either unable to see or getting frustrating before the time you can actually see or understand. 

A quick look at Technic's site shows your unit to be current and not discontinued. 

Click above and see if this is the page you're getting. Investigating further, I got this message using my Zip Code: 

For the NEW Technics Products that are listed on the Technics.com website, please fill out the Contact Us Form on the link below and include all your contact information:
https://www.technics.com/us/contact.html

All the best,
Nonoise