Luxman 590AXII Discontinued??

Hi All,

Has anybody heard this? I searched the net and saw that MusicDirect has it listed as discontinued. I couldn't find anything further. 

Happy Holidays!

128x128jeffreyw

Interesting--perhaps they are replacing it like they are doing with the 507uxii---the 507z will be out soon. I read somewhere that all of their integrated amps may be upgraded for their 100th anniversary coming up in the next year or so. We shall see.

Well the 595 is a limited edition 95th anniversary model, with production capped at a few hundred units.  So not really a replacement, I wouldn't think.  But I don't know.  Very interested in the Luxman plans up and down the integrated lineup.  If anyone has verified info, please post.

Probably some of the upgrades in the 595 will be added in the new 590. Also the Luxman PD 171A TT and the PD 151 TT has been discontinued on Music Direct. Jeff Sigmund was at my dealers store last month and he said the company was working on a new tonearm. Just speculating but for their 100th anniversary maybe they’ll introduce an updated version of their DD TT???

I spoke with Luxman NA; the unit is no longer in production. It will be replaced in 2022. The supply chain issues and the proliferation of COVID may affect this schedule. 

The L-595ASE would be an endgame integrated for me. Maybe Luxman will release a non limited/anniversary version like McIntosh has done on some products. I would think to go thru all that trouble to design a new component for just 300 units would be a waste. 

"I believe Luxman is getting out of the Class A game which is a shame!!"

Based on what?  You said in December that Luxman told you that the 590 would be replaced in 2022.  Did they now tell you something different?

I also heard from a dealer that Luxman is getting out of Class A as new models are introduced. I’m guessing some countries are or have implemented standards for power usage of items much like the US CAFE mpg standards for auto manufacturer fleets. 

@kren0006 

I got some bum info from Luxman. They assumed a replacement was coming and hinted at the demise of Class A (but not wholly being scrapped). The latest word is that Luxman is done with Class A. This info is from multiple dealers. I just took delivery of a brand new 590AXii. This is a forever unit; even if I move on, it will go into a second system. A true classic!

@kren0006 

Luxman USA alluded to the newness of that design, and it would be a little while before a redesign. I take from my conversations that Luxman (like all audio companies) is secretive with info. The US distributor seems to be a little in the dark, or needs to keep such information "close to the cuff"!

@aberyclark 

I just bought mine from Albert at Precision Audio & Video in Chicago. I believe he had one demo left, but no new ones. Honestly, if I were offered $15K, I still would not let it go! 

I would. Buy the superior 595ase (per numerous owners who’ve had both) and still have thousands left over ; )

The 595 would be the ultimate, however, as a limited edition dealers ain't dealing. Probably not many left anyway. If I had an extra $11k I would pull the trigger. I could sell my current amp/pre (possible phono) and get close to a demo or used 590axii

I wouldn’t buy a Luxman without the front meters. To each his own I guess.

I don't think the Class A integrated is dead. They just wouldn't put the improvements in the 595 SE for just 300 units. With the 100th Anniversary coming up my guess will be a new 590 w/the 595 upgrades. Price around $10,900. I have a limited edition CL38U SE just 100 built and now they have a 38U C. IMHO the death of the Luxman Class A integrated is greatly exaggerated.