Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty

Maya Beiser  ---  Maya Beiser X Philip Glass  (Avant-Garde Classical / Cello)

@jafant 

Listening to Radiohead, In Rainbows for the first time in probably fifteen years. Thanks.

Just listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers newest album, Return Of The Dream Canteen. It’s their second album this year! If you’re a RHCP fan, give it a listen.

curiousjim

My pleasure. I am on the way to pick up the new Red Hot Chili Peppers myself.

Happy Listening!

Listening now to the new release from HDTT of Chet Baker in New York. It sounds really good in this DXD/DSD256 transfer. Some don’t care for Baker’s cool jazz style, but I find him very involving. Playing with the principally East Coast players Paul Chambers, Philly Joe Jones and Johnny Griffin, this album has a nice “cross-over” vibe to it. The group slides comfortably between laid back West Coast (“Polka Dots and Moonbeams” or “Blue Thoughts”) to hard driving East Coast bebop (“Hotel 49”) to finding balance in between on other cuts like Miles Davis’ “Solar”. Baker’s trumpet solos instantly identify why he was considered such a great stylist.

Paul Simon-Songs From The Capeman-CD

Bill Evans Trio-Sunday At The Village Vanguard-JVC XRCD

Superstar Country Hits-CD

Cradle Of Filth-Hammer Of The Witches-Japanese CD

Ann Burton-Sings For Lovers And Other Strangers-Japanese CD

Decided on an all digital night. My wife had a difficult time with Cradle Of Filth. Only played the first six tracks. 

BCC- Heavy riff driven rock from Glenn Hughes, Derek Sherinian, Joe Bonamassa,  and Jason Bonham. Awesome.

Sure wish this forum had an easy way to +1 some of these posts. But here's a +1 reply for Etta James!

Be Alright by BRTHR … a surprisingly cool folk music band. Beautiful arrangements like with the song “when the waters come”. 

Kenny Barron , The Art of Conversation w/ Dave Holland.

Kenny Barron, Concentric Circles.

If you care to try something different this is definitely an entertaining dual disk set!

A blend of Xperimental/Folk/Spoken Word/Punk/Rock/Who knows what but it’s fun

Tedeschi Trucks Band, I Am The Moon.  Not their best album, but still a good listen.

I like listening to Sssniperwolf right now. I always spend the most of my leisure time listening to music.

Various cuts from "Truth", "Rod Stewart Album", "Gasoline Alley" 24-96hz.

ozzy

My only source right now is my tuner.I'm listening

to a classical music station out of San Francisco.

My new Mojo Audio DAC will be arriving fairly soon.

Bruce Springsteen, "The Rising."

Along w "Tunnel of Love," an excellent overlooked album.  

For reference, my other three favorites by him are "Wild, Innocent, E Street Shuffle," and "Born to Run," and "Nebraska."   

That makes a minimum of five superb albums by Springsteen... 

@go4vinyl 

I just checked my vinyl and I have a couple of Nucleus albums that I played the heck out of in my the 70’s. I’m going to have to make a day to listen to all the albums they made.😀