Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Breaking out the Live RCO/Anthology of the Royal Concertgebouw, 1960-1970 set #3 again (14 CD box set). Picking up where I left off with discs 6&7.

Brahms, Strauss, Wagner, Schoenberg, Heppener, Sibelius 

CD
Joni Mitchell - Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter. Asylum 1977. Part of a complete European box set ‘The Studio Albums’.

Jaco’s bass playing is fantastic on this ‘album’.

CD
In The Mirror of The Sky --- Kayhan Kalhor and Ali Akbar Moradi (Persian/Kurdish traditional) [Kalhor on the Kamancheh / spike fiddle and Moradi on the Tanbur / lute]
Gordon Goodwin’s new album on Qobuz: The Gordian Knot

Big band fans and anyone looking for a clean band recording with imagination—this is your cup of tea. One more goodie from Telarc.
+1 David_Ten, Lambchop is a great band

Yonder Mountain String Band / The show
Folk Rock 
Hey Boxer.
you ever hear Band of Susans?
picked up an album by them today from the $1 bins, Love Agenda.
think it’s right up your street.
Carp
you should hang out at the turntable thread.
trust me those guys come out with bands I have never heard of every day!
Uber, I have not but will check them out. Thanks!

Carp,
As Uber stated the TT thread is a great resource. In addition to that I spend a fair amount of time on the "allmusic" site & to a lesser extent, "pitchfork".

Billy Bragg & Wilco / Mermaid Ave., Vol II 
@boxer12 Yes. Lambchop is excellent.

@carpathian "Where do you guys hear about all these terrific bands??!" Roon Discovery / personalized algorithms
Without You --- Masters of Persian Music (Iranian ~ Persian Classical / Traditional) [dastgah nava / ’minor scale’]

I prefer the vocal dominant tracks on this album. Mohammed Reza Shajarian is pure vocal treasure!
I tried with USA presidential debate, but it was just distortion.

Coldplay - Yellow after that.
A Distortion Of Love --- Patricia Barber

@glupson Coincidental, maybe apropos... : )
david_ten,

I may not be Patricia Barber’s fan, but she is surely not distortion.

Next time, I will not risk my ears again. I am going straight to The Muppet Show Album. I am serious. It is well-written, well-played, and actually pleasant.

My choice of two old men...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6I_dKUYyI4
Szell conducts Mahler’s Symphony #6 ‘Tragic’. Cleveland Orchestra. Sony Essential Classics 1991

CD
The Changing of the Guard - Starflyer 59
... bit of alternative rock. They remind of a modern take on The Smiths, including the throaty voice of the lead singer. Good recordings too, sonically. 
Jun Märkl Conducts Debussy. Complete Orchestral works box set (9 CD’s). Orchestre National de Lyon. Naxos 2012. Wonderful set.

playing CD’s 7&8.

La Niña --- La Mala Rodriguez (Spanish Rap / Hip-Hop circa 2003) The music video of the title track was banned on Spanish TV because it depicts a very young girl as drug dealer.
Interesting David

The Fiery Furnaces / Bitter tea
My favorite from this band. To bad they didn't release it on vinyl. This band is different. Lots of time & chord changes. 
@boxer12 What’s coincidentally interesting is that she is from Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz and I just happen to be trying out a new (for me) cocktail for the first time made from equal parts Amontillado and Vermouth. Sherry or Jerez is from her birthplace. I’m using a French vermouth.

I missed out hearing her live at the club scene in Spain during my time there ’99-’01.

Here is one recipe / option, for those interested: https://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/3388/bamboo-cocktail-diffords-perfect-recipe

We have fall like temps, which are nearly 30 degrees cooler for us in New Orleans...therefore the move to Amontillado over Fino.
+1 for the cocktail, bummer about the cold weather in New Orleans. I'm in Michigan so getting colder weather as expected. At some point I think the wife & I will move to a warmer climate. 

Bardo Pond / On the ellipse 
Indie rock for the adventurous
Boxer, not cold. It's gorgeous weather. For us going from a feels like in the 100s to temps in the 60s/70s is a major (and welcome) change.
My Sunday morning ritual...

The Sundays - Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic. DGC 1989

CD
Maazel conducts Sibelius - The Symphonies (3 CD box set). Wiener Philharmonic. London 1991

CD #3 Symphonies 5,6,&7
Berlioz Complete Orchestral Works - Sir Colin Davis conducting. Philips box set 1997

CD’s 1&2. Symphony Fantastique, CD1 - Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra ; All others - London Symphony Orchestra 

CD
Akron Family & Angels of Light / Self Title
Indie Rock. "Angels of light" was led by Michael Gira. He also was the leader of the band "Swans". With "Angels of light" he mellowed a bit. Interesting music  
Schubert - The Complete Symphonies (4 CD box set). Jos van Immerseel conducting Anima Eterna Brugge. Zig Zag Territories 2012

Playing disc 3 from this set, symphonies 3,5,&1. Lovely recordings by Jos and Anima Eterna Brugge, as usual.

CD
lol boxer, I was thinking the exact same thing when I typed it. Even though I was a Topps guy back in the day...
Roger Waters, “Roger Waters The Wall” CD
Roger Waters, “Us & Them” CD
Roger Waters, “Us & Them Live”   Concert DVD

This was earlier today.  
Dvorak - The Symphonies. Istvan Kertesz conducting The London Symphony Orchestra. 6 CD box set. London 1991 release.

playing CD #5, symphonies 7&8