Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Tanakh / Dieu Deuil 
Indie music with strings. This is one of my all time favorite indie bands. Very creative & beautiful music IMO 
The Fiery Furnaces / Bitter tea 
Indie rock with a lot of time/chord changes
Gatti conducts Berg. 3 Orchesterstücke & Lulu Suite. Royal Concertgebouw. RCO 2008. Recorded to tape.

Cassette
Had an urge to play some Eels today. 

Eels - Blinking Lights and other Revelations. Vagrant 2005 2 CD set

CD
George Szell conducts Schubert. Symphony #8 ‘unfinished’, & Symphony #9 ‘The Great’. The Cleveland Orchestra. Sony Essential Classic series. Reissue /Released 1992.

CD
Maazel conducts Glinka, Rimsky-Korsakov, & Scriabin. The Cleveland Orchestra. Box set ‘Maazel, The Cleveland Years, Complete Recordings’. Disc #5. Decca, released 2014

CD
This should amuse you....

Abba ... The Album.

Cassette.

I have vivid memories of Abba slaughtering the competition on the Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo.
I also remember my mother being outraged when the girls whipped off each other's wraps.....LMAO.
This was prudent England mid 70s.
Maazel conducts Respighi & Rimsky-Korsakov. The Cleveland Orchestra. Box set ‘Maazel, The Cleveland Years, Complete Recordings’. Disc #3. Decca, released 2014

CD
@uberwaltz

Abba?

We might have to take away your music card for a couple hours of ‘time out‘ period.

;-D
Brian.
Abba is nothing compared to some of the tapes I have lined up to play from my lot purchase.....🤣🤣🤣
@uberwaltz 

I guess you can look at it this way; after some of those ‘selections’, your preferred music will sound better than ever before. And so will your system, no doubt. ;-)
Boulez conducts Mahler’s 7th. The Cleveland Orchestra. Deutsche Grammophon. From the Boulez/Cleveland Orchestra box set. Released 2017.

CD
ABBA are imo seriously under-rated. Bjorn and Benny are excellent songwriters (in a long ago interview, Flo & Eddie declared them better than Brian Wilson!), Agnetha and Anni-Frid good singers. I own their complete catalog, and some of the girl's solo albums, one sung in Swedish.
Getting my Sunday off the a rousing start with this, a great version on this composition.

Vladimir Ashkenazy conducts Strauss - Ein Heldenleben. The Cleveland Orchestra. Decca 1985 Germany 

CD

.....my CD collection has been on hiatus lately, so digging into them this weekend.
Solti conducts Kodaly - Dances of Galanta, Variations on a Hungarian Folk Song & Weiner - Serenade for Small Orchestra. Bonus disc #6 of the Solti-Bartok box set. Decca 2012

CD
Chailly conducts Varese - CD #1 of a 2 CD set: ‘Verese, The Complete Works, - Tuning Up, Ameriques, Arcana, Poeme Electronique, Nocturnal, Un Grand Sommeil Noir. Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. London 1998

CD
Fitzwilliam String Quartet plays Shostakovich. Quartets 8,9,&10, CD #4 of the 6 CD set, ‘The String Quartets’. Decca 1998

Incredible set of music.

CD
Think Visual ..... The Kinks.

Cassette.

Poor weekend due to trapped nerve in neck, constant pain, no way to sit anywhere comfortable and about 2 hours sleep since Thursday if I am lucky..lol.
And have to fly to Wisconsin 6am tomorrow for work.

I must be mad.

Oh wait, it's called a conscience and work ethic.
@uberwaltz

Hang in there man. I’ve gotten those occasionally and they can be painful. The last one I had was actually in one of my shoulder blades, and that sucker lasted for weeks. Excruciating at times. Of course, stubborn me, didn’t go to the Doctor. Then one morning I woke up and it was gone. Just like that.

Luckily I haven’t had another in a while, just my long lasting and persistent lower back pain.

It’s hell getting old.
Boulez conducts Bartok - Violin Concerto #2, Rhapsodies for Violin and Orchestra 1&2. Chicago Symphony Orchestra with Gil Shaham. Deutsche Grammophon 1999

CD
Mari Nakamoto , a Japan female singer,
She will put to shame more known female jazz singers of today....

"Georgia in my mind"
Double U / Absurd Fjord 
Indie Rock. Reminds me a little bit of Captain Beefheart 
Rob Wasserman / Trios
Rob is a wonderful bassist & on this album plays with a variety of well known musicians
Khruangbin - The Universe Smiles Upon You. First album by this Texas trio. 2015 I think. Thai-funk ambient echo-chamber psychedelic mood groove lounge music recorded in a barn in Texas.

Just got the CD. Shocker here. NOT OVER COMPRESSED! I can't say what the DR  actually is because the CD is not in the DR database yet. Lossless streaming versions are on the database and have excellent DR by today's standards and the CD sounds better than the hi-res streaming version. To me this is refreshing and ground breaking for a new artist to release a CD with a broad DR.

I've mentioned these guys before. It won't be for everybody. I still can't figure out why I like it so much except that it is well recorded and produced. Real sonic ear candy. Just put it on. Crank it up to a pleasant volume and give it a chance while you're doing something else.

I actually like their second and third album better. Can't wait to get those CDs! Happily paying new prices for this.
@uberwaltz: Did you survive the trip? Haven't heard from you in a few days. I've had the same experience in the lower back. Miserable stuff. Even worse when you need to be working.
Sounds like my kind of music n80. Thanks for the recommendation!

moe. / Wormwood
They are an excellent jam band
Post removed