Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Various ‎– The Young Ones Of Jazz (EmArcy 1956)

More proof as to how they did a better job 60 years ago. Clean, detailed, with black backgrounds free of transistors.
+1 Genesis Wind and Wuthering. Blood On The Rooftops easily(IMO) a top 10 Genesis song!
@j_damon 

@bkeske I was at that rubber bowl Dead show

If you remember, that was the tour Jerry became very sick during/after, and almost died. I knew something 'was up', as especially when Bob came out to sing with the Dead, something was 'off' with Jerry. Something didn't seem right, and IIRC, he wound-up in the hospital soon after that show. 

Tom Petty got my attention; I do remember that.
In this week...........

Joni Mitchell "Live @ Canterbury House - 1967"  triple lp/BG mastered
Charles Lloyd Quartet "Love-In" '67/sealed/pp/Atlantic
Laura Veirs  "Troubled By the Fire"  first time on vinyl
Crack the Sky
Living in Reverse
Loud & Proud Records 2018

“Their 20th Studio Album” Mostly I think they shouldn’t have bothered….

@slaw   Steve, was looking at that Joni album.  Please post details of your impressions when you get to it.  Thanks,  James

Airto 
Free
cti records 1975 
@bkeske  yes that’s when Jerry had a diabetic coma incident I believe 
Alison Krauss and Robert Plant 
Raising Sand

@Slaw I’m guessing T Bone Burnett had an influence on the low end density, I don’t see Alison requesting more bass, maybe Robert given his probability for low hearing sensitivity....
@j_damon  Thanks for mentioning "It's A Beautiful Day".  I have a perfect copy of that album and haven't listened to it in many years.  I will do so tomorrow.

Warmed up the tubes & electronics with disc one of Joe Bonamassa "Live From New York"  It's a 3-disc album.  I listened to disc two a few days ago.  Great sound, for a live album.  Killer music!

John Mayall "Blues From Laurel Canyon".  Just got this from a Discogs seller.  It's a NM/M- condition.  What a great album.  I love John Mayall.

@spiritofradio  Reporting back to you on Jackson Brown "For Everyman".  Fortunately for me I have a very nice copy.  I bought it new when it first released.  Guitars and vocals are really great.  The snare drum and cymbals could use a little more sparkle, but overall a rather good quality recording and pressing.  It was a pleasure to hear that album again.
By the way, my copy of "It's A Beautiful Day" is also Columbia Records, Original Pressing.  I remember that it is a stunning sound, but that was on a system of years ago.  My present system is significantly more resolving.  Let's see how this stands up.  Looking forward to it.
@mammothguy54, Thanks.  I guess I need to seek out a better copy. Love that music.  

@Mammothguy54 the drums seem a little flat, other than that it’s very good album, by far their best INMHO 
I have It's A Beautiful Day on Speakers Corner. Haven't listened in a while.
Warmed up with "Blackbirds" from the other day.

Laura Veirs "Troubled by the Fire"

I noticed Laura has a new lp out soon and when I went to order, saw that 3 of her previous albums never before on lp were now on lp. Ordered them all......yeah, I'm a fan.
Count Basie & Dizzy Gillespie ‎– The Gifted Ones (Pablo 1979)

Super album, lovely recording. 
I put on “We Get Requests” as dinner music but did a double take. Forgot how great this sounds. Rare reproduction of the nuances of piano tone. Percussion is so real. Nice.
@spiritofradio 

Oscar Peterson
We Get Requests

Great album, unfortunately I have it on CD only.
@slaw  my “WGR” is a repress or reissue I’m pretty sure - I bought it new - don’t know how to tell.  I saw today that one of my favorite retailers has the analogue productions fancy version back in stock and was reminded of it.  Not the kind of thing I would spend too much on.  Just a nice upbeat jazz trio record.  But it sounds wonderful.  How are you liking “love-in”?
@bkeske Hey Brian. yeah. It’s nice. Pick up a used copy - don’t think you’d have to spend too much (unless you want an audiophile version...). I heard on YouTube today that the SQ on the CD isn’t nearly as good as the record.

i have to say, admit to some craziness, whenever I listen to Oscar Peterson (I also have that record with him and Louis Armstrong) I say to myself/find myself wishing that I could play like him.  People say to me that I play like this or that guy but I always dismiss any of that as ridiculous, which it is, but Oscar gets me whimsical and wishing I could really play like him.  Maybe because he makes it seem so effortless.  And of course because he’s so good. 
My first listen to "Love-In" was unremarkable. I'm currently giving it a deep clean. I feel like I can grow into it somewhat....maybe more. For SQ, 8 maybe? I'll get back after another listen and the deep clean.

Now the Count Basie is a whole different ball game. Love it! The dynamics, the air, the soundstage is super !
Count Basie "88 Basie Street" Pablo/1984

Even stronger that the above lp.
@slaw   well, you got the pp right?   the remix is better as far as SQ goes but probably still not up to a super high standard.  The music moves me though either way.  Maybe it should be saved for a loose, non-analytical mood.  
I mean, I love my Grand Funk Live Album but I need to be in the right mood for it.  Know what I mean?
Yep, James......

I’d like to become a ’jazz guy’ I admit my lack of experience. Having said that, my Miles ’ lps bring me more joy as far as content than the Charles Lloyd did on first listen.

Now, big band/ swing, I love!
@slaw  understand.  Hard to classify that Charles Lloyd.  Jazz with early rock sensibilities I guess.  I love Jarrett from just about any angle.  He’s got a groove going even way back on that recording.