Metallica-...And Justice For All Side 2
The Blackwood Brothers Quartet-Amazing Grace Side 2
John Coltrane-Coltrane Plays the Blues Side 1
Pointer Sisters-Energy Side 2
Greta Van Fleet-Anthem Of The Peaceful Army Side 1
Joni Mitchell-Clouds Side 2
Sarah Vaughan-Sassy Swings The Tivoli Side 1
Liszt/Dvorak(Ormandy RCA LSC-3085) Side 1
@j_damon NPR had an interesting bit today on 50 th anniversary of American Beauty.... i found it cool anyway...
@tomic601 

@j_damon NPR had an interesting bit today on 50 th anniversary of American Beauty.... i found it cool anyway...

OK, now I do feel old. 😁
@tomic601

Brian if it helps a 25 year old Deadhead conducts the interview....,,

That just ain’t right 😁 I remember seeing the Dead in the mid-80’s at the Akron Rubber Bowl, with Bob Dylan, and Tom Petty opened. I looked around at all the young Dead Heads back then and thought I was in the twilight zone. Told myself, that was my last Dead show. But, did see them again a few years later during their 25th Anniversary tour.

24/25? Barley alive when Jerry died.
Funny Dead story - I was at Ohio State and LiL brother at UWVA in Morgantown.. invited me down for Dead show... probably late 1983 ?? None of the chicks in the orbit there wore shoes... for days... rain, sun, mud, etc....

I made it out barely....
Hank Mobley
Soul Station
"1999 Remastered RVG Edition”
Digital, Redbook

not certain what that means but this album sounds really very good. Hank is playing in my room.

Glad to have fans of good Jazz on the thread here.  Please keep the posts coming.  Love it!

Glad to have fans of good Jazz on the thread here.  Please keep the posts coming.  Love it!
+1

Another classic with a stellar line-up:

Wayne Shorter "Adam's Apple"
@big_greg,

The material came in for the dual pivot upgrade today and I have to say I’m very pleased.

I’ve noticed all along that the metal pivot riding against the metal plate could be heard on quiet records between songs. It just seemed an area ripe for improvement. I thought about using ski wax for a long time but just didn’t seem like a long term solution.

If you’re familiar, PEEK is a plastic used for the cup pressed into the 3D arm for the pivot to ride on. I found some PEEK film with an adhesive backing that is just .0002" thick. Clean the dual pivot plate then peel and stick. What could be easier?

Immediately, everything became clearer. When that happens everything else improves.

If you’re interested, I’ll send you a piece.

Steve
Black Sabbath
Master of Reality
Warner/Rhino 1971/2016

from the big box:
“The Vinyl Collection, 1970-1978”

Rush  
Hemispheres
40th Anniversary 
Mercury/Anthem 1978/2018

2015 Abby Road Remaster

Hilary Hahn
Bach Concertos 
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Jeffrey Kahane
Deutsche Grammophon
2003/2018 

+1 @tomic601 
Interesting note Jackson Browne had his first 7 albums certified platinum in the US. Quite an accomplishment considering the mature adult lyrical content. Need to find a mint original pressing of The Pretender and Late For The Sky, my garage sale find of Running on Empty is near mint. Hate to pay $50 for an album that was $5 10 years ago! Will spin an overlooked album(if I can find it) Lives In The Balance tonight!
Good idea on Jackson Browne.  That's why I like to read this post every day.  I find good choices to cue up.  I'll play these later today.

I have just two JB albums.  "For Everyman" and "Hold Out".
+1 on “For Everyman”. What a great album. Unfortunately the SQ on my otherwise Mint copy isn’t very good. It sounds thin or flat or something. Doesn’t have that rich detail that I can get from other records. I’ve wondered if it’s just my copy but I kinda doubt it - I’m learning that Vinyl from that period could be pretty low quality at times. @mammothguy, how does yours sound?

—————————————

Gerald Finzi Interlude, For Oboe And String Quartet · Prelude And Fugue /
Michael Berkeley
String Trio · String Quartett · Three Moods
Keith Marshall, Oboe
Amphion String Quartet
hyperion 1984
Post removed 
@spiritofradio  I have not listened to "For Everyman" in many years.  I'll clean it and listen to it today.  I'll let you know about it's SQ.  I have to say, though, I have plenty of albums from that era, the early-to-mid 70s, that are excellent SQ.  For many albums in general, I find that some pressing runs can be very poor compared to others, of the very same album.  Vinyl sounds so wonderful, but production can be an issue in SQ due to a lack of consistency.
Darn it all, why can't they all sound as good as my great ones!
@mammothguy54, 

Yes, I agree. I should have said instead that  I’m learning that many but certainly not all records of that era were made with inferior vinyl that hasn’t held up well even if it ever sounded any good.  And you’re right, I’m learning too that some times it’s a pressing by pressing question.   These are things known to many more experienced record nuts around here that I’m just catching on to.  Another reason why I appreciate the wisdom here.  Looking forward to hearing what you think about your copy of “Everyman”.  Maybe I just need to seek out a better copy.  
Brad Mehldau
Solo Piano
Live In Tokyo
Nonesuch/ROG 2019

This is to me one of the most beautiful objects ever made, even notwithstanding the superb sound craft. It’s miraculous if you think about what a thing this is and what it represents.
Lotte Lenya ‎– September Song And Other American Theatre Songs Of Kurt Weill (Columbia Masterworks 1958 mono)
XTC ‎– Oranges & Lemons
Oranges & Lemons (Virgin 1989)

The Beatles meet The Stranglers!
Little Feat
Waiting for Columbus 
early mofi edition 
@bkeske I was at that rubber bowl Dead show
@slaw +1 on raising sand
I saw that tour, it was fantastic 
Joe Turner ‎– The Boss Of The Blues Sings Kansas City Jazz (Atlantic 1956)

Magic.

Susannah McCorkle-The Music Of Harry Warren Side 2
The Doobie Brothers-Takin’ It To The Streets Side 1
Nils Lofgren-Nils Side 1
Jackson Browne-Lives In The Balance Side 2
Butler Twins-Live In Detroit Side B
Sting-The Dream Of The Blue Turtles Side 2
Van Morrison-Veedon Fleece(barcode pressing) Side 1