Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The Jonah Jones Quartet ‎– Swingin' On Broadway (Capitol 1958 mono)

Almost mint 62 year old record. Laid back and chill with the sense of humor that being a master trumpeter brings.
Nothing on my turntable tonight, I'm afraid. An errant shirtail  caught my tonearm and sent it flying. My beloved Ortofon MC3 turbo with only 88 hours on it now has a bent cantilever.  :-(
@spiritofradio,

I always thought Dido & Beth Orton sounded similar. How would you compare them to the last album you posted?
James Taylor "American Standard" dbl/lp/45rpm/freshly US cleaned. Been waiting since March.
Nikolaus Harnoncourt conducts Bach - Brandenburg Concertos 1-6. Concentus Musicus Wien. Telefunken 3 LP box set, German pressing 1982
Been wallowing in Jason Isbell - lamentations on the loss of the ancient Labrador.....

Jason seems to know....
@slaw 

I know what you mean all 3 kinda thin and breathy and can be something like ethereal.    I think Beth’s voice is just a little more earthy than D’s.   Meryum’s voice is more pure, like elemental vapor at times, and although this record of hers can put you in a trance, she might not be quite as talented as Beth.  I don’t know about Dido - I think she benefited from machinery.  
The Charles Lloyd Quartet
Love-In
Atlantic/4 Men with Beards
1967/2002

Live at the SF Fillmore 

With Keith Jarrett and Jack DeJohnette 

Exceptionally well recorded live drums.  
SQ on this reissue way better than
on the O/P.  

Was thinking about writing a long essay about my thoughts on "Wallflower", "Privateering", "American Standard" regarding their SQ, and their comparative similarities.

I'm in a listening mode, plus didn't won't to put others to sleep.

Will say, the JT lp was far and away the SQ champion.
The Fruit Bats "Siamese Dream".

I found this website www.turntablekitchen.com a while back and noticed they had the above lp for sale. Had to order it. I came to realize that they are a record label.

Since then, I’ve noticed that more labels are offering well known bands, reimagining well known/great past lps. I assume this is a new way to help bands financially.

Yep Roc, Jealous Butcher are a couple more labels doing this.

A great idea!
Juilliard String Quartet - Debussy String Quartet in G minor & Ravel String Quartet in F. RCA Victor Red Seal, Living Stereo. Reissue (original 1960) am guessing late 60’s per label.
I was completely surprised at the EX/SQ of the Fruit Bats cover of Siamese Dream.
The Rosebuds "Loud Planes Fly Low"
Post removed 
Robert Glaspar
Canvas
Blue Note 2018

Wow.  So nice.   Very different from his later more popular stuff.  
Steve, An interesting coincidence between your last post and mine: the night in 1967 when the Charles Lloyd Quartet recorded “Love-In” they shared the bill with The Butterfield Blues Band.  
Some random stuff about Love-In:  I read that it was the first live recording ever made at the Fillmore.  The Quartet played there a lot and a thing developed where if there was room the audience would lie on the floor during Charles’s set with arms around each other - hence the name of the record.  Time in this Quartet gave Keith Jarrett credibility and strength goin forward in his huge crossover record buying fan base.  And this has been said to be the first Psyc-Jazz album.  

My new copy is on 4 Men with Beards, a highly disparaged sub-label of Runt.  Until now I’ve never had a record from this label (I bought it to replace my old scratchy copy) and although it’s often said this label should be avoided, this record is just great.  Good SQ, quiet vinyl, with fantastic additional liner notes in a lovely gatefold tip-on jacket.  
Interesting James. I want to say I've heard of Runt but might be confusing it with Grunt, (Hot Tuna)
You guys talking about James Taylor got me looking for a long forgotten JT record I have.  I got it in 1979, a "Promo Only - Ownership Reserved by CBS" that I got from the Columbia Records sales rep back when I was in hi-fi retail.  I don't think I have ever played it.  The album title is "Flag".  I'll have to clean it and cue it up.  May be a great album, I have no idea.  If you are familiar with it please reply with comment.
Well, this was a very long week.....but, today, I reviewed a big batch of ‘new’ vinyl in the mail, so looking forward to this weekend....finally. Should be fun.

I didn’t play any, but looked through them quickly, and all are really clean. This looks like a nice haul.
@spiritofradio

The Charles Lloyd Quartet
Love-In

Have the original pressing. After reading your post, would like to hear the remaster. I guess I should check it out on Tidal if it’s in their collection.....but....well....that’s digital.
@slaw

steve, not certain but I think it’s Runt Records, in Marin County. Runt owns a handful of record (reissue) companies that put out products of uncertain origins that are badmouthed by SQ conscious record owners. Hard to know or find much about them. Buyer beware...

@bkeske

brian, my old copy has that all too typical coat over the speakers live record sound. It might be from it being played with bad equipment by previous owner(s). Don’t know how to tell.... the remix, although not perfect, has better harmonics and openness and far better clarity from the percussion. Wonderful hippie music.

Qobuz has digital “Love-In” of a 2005 Rhino Atlantic CD.  Haven’t tried it.  It’s probably abominable.  
First up, and the only non-classical of my 36 LP haul today....

The Allman Brothers Band - The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East. Capricorn reissue 1974. Double LP
i love Flag, was listening to it recently on a cassette i made waaaaaay back.....Company Man, I will Not Lie for You, Millworker and especially Sleep Come Free Me, are all standouts !!!!!!!!
enjoy
@tomic601

BK - leave room in da hole ( haul ) for da Wabbit
lol, I’m deep in there, it’s dark, and can’t see the edges, so have no idea how much room I’s got down here.
I can already tell ‘Live at the Fillmore East’ is going to become a favorite. Duane really was a master at that slide. His lead ain’t bad either.
Jim,

I thought (briefly) about buying the MFSL "Flag" but my WLP sounds SO good, I’m saving the money for others.
The cassette box on my ripped copy of Flag includes the gear I made it on : Thorens/Sumiko/AQ404, CJ PV2, Tandberg 440.... so this must have been made at store in my “ spare time “....

a time capsule..... man I was a kid
Of the albums I received this week, I've been mostly looking forward to....

Hans Theessink & Terry Evans "Delta Time" feat. Ry Cooder
Found this sealed/Blue Groove/German Pressing/2012.
In the Vibrato now.

The other two albums:
Ten Years After "Stonehenge" & Canned Heat "S/T" are Sundazed remasters from the original mono tapes. Will probably wait till I mount the Cadenza mono again.
Drive-by-Truckers "English Oceans".
If memory serves, this is a good album but not so good SQ.
Aeolian String Quartet plays Haydn - Haydn String Quartets Volume Eight, Op.3 - Seven Last Words. London, Treasury Series. 1979. 3 LP box set.
@slaw 

Canned Heat "S/T"

have a few Canned Heat LP’s on my wish list. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.