Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@bdp24 Great post. I was thinking when I was listening to BJM that this was the precursor to rock and roll. The roots. Hence my "Historic" comment.
@bkeske,

If you remember, I got all of the Norman Greenbaum lps (WLP) this year. They all sound mighty fine.
@bkeske 
Furtwängler's certainly an interesting character. Close to Hitler, undisciplined, brash and unpredictable. Yet magnificent. 
Play grading my other copy of 10CC - The Original Soundtrack.  This one is close to NM-.  I guess I didn't need to buy a new copy of it.
@noromance

Furtwängler’s certainly an interesting character. Close to Hitler, undisciplined, brash and unpredictable. Yet magnificent.

Yes, quite the controversial conductor (and composer, but to be honest, I’m not a big fan of he orchestral works). But in reality, he wasn’t the only one. I find studying the lives and personalities of conductors and composers as interesting as the music itself.
@slaw 

If you remember, I got all of the Norman Greenbaum lps (WLP) this year. They all sound mighty fine.

I didn’t realize you bought all of them Steve. But yea, it’s interesting that his music largely went unnoticed, except Spirit in the Sky, but he was creating well recorded music. Yea, he’s quirky, and corny, but that’s part of the charm. 
Heifetz Plays Bach – Concerto For Two Violins in D Minor, Concertos Nos. 1 in A Minor And 2 in E, Chaconne. (RCA Red Seal 1972)
Karajan conducts Sibelius - Finlandia · Valse Triste · Der Schwan Von Tuonela • Tapiola. Berliner Philharmoniker.  Deutsche Grammophon 1967 German pressing
EMI Classis,
Karajan with the Berliner Philharmoniker.
SIBELIUS
Finlandia, En Saga, Tapiola, Valse triste, plus Karelia Suite, and The Swan if Tuonela.

By inspiration of: @bkeske 😉
M. 🇿🇦 
Prokofieff - Sonate Nr. 8 B-dur B Flat Major / Rachmaninoff - 6 Moments Musicaux - Lazar Berman (Deutsche Grammophon 1976)
Brenda Lee ‎– Reflections In Blue (Decca 1967) 

Like coming home. Especially after the not very good DG I abandoned.
10-11-2020 7:22pm@jayctoy 

Is that Manuel de Falla, or Falls, the folk rock duo from Australia?

"The Three Cornered Hat" ballet music is obviously by M. Falla 😉
a - > s   being a typical typo, eh.
M. 🇿🇦 
Szell conducts Beethoven - Piano Concerto No. 2 In B Flat / Thirty-Two Variations In C Minor. The Cleveland Orchestra with Emil Gilels. Angel 1970
Carol Kidd ‎– Carol Kidd (Aloi 1984)

Love this Linn partnered record. Close-miked and detailed in the Linn tradition. Intimate. Recommended.
Szell conducts Dvorak - The Three Great Symphonies, 3 LP box set. Symphonies 7,8,&9. The Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia 1970. Very clean set.
You guys retired for the evening rather early.  I watched a movie (Edge of Tomorrow; Live, Die, Repeat.  A great sci-fi thriller) and then played a few albums until about 1:15 AM.  I got the new Dynaudio Contour 60i speakers on Thursday.  Played them only an hour on Friday and then about 5 hours last night (including the movie).  Even with such little run-in time they are sounding absolutely amazing.  They should only get better over the next 60 to 80 hours.  Best sounding midrange I have ever owned.  So natural in timbre.  I played some recently listened-to albums that I am familiar with in order to better understand the speakers. 

Chicago, "CTA" sides 1 & 2
Buffalo Springfield, "Again" from the new box set.  Man, that is wonderful!
Carol King, "Tapestry" Mo-Fi reissue, phenomenal mastering.
Jennifer Warnes, "Famous Blue Raincoat" recent reissue from Impex.
Dire Straits, S/T Mo-Fi reissue @ 45 RPM, phenomenal mastering.
All in all, that was one of the best sounding listening sessions I have had in a long time.  Everything is coming together so nicely.  I have been working on this system for nearly 2 years now.  It will be lots of fun to go through these hours of run-in with the speakers.  Listening for the slight changes that bring it all together.  Next in store is a new Symposium Acoustics Foundation Rack Ultra, Rollerblock Jr HDSE, Audioquest Niagara 3000 and the newly installed 20 amp dedicated line.  Then I think I will be wiped out on spending for a while.
@mammothguy54 

Good to hear regarding the Dynaudio Contour 60i‘s. Enjoy!

Donald Byrd "Ethiopian Knights"
Grant Green "Born To Be Blue"
Lee Morgan "Cornbread"

Well after going thru about 2,500 cd’s I laid my hands on @bdp24 disc - Traveller:-)

and some other cool stuff lurking about in the garage....

on the care package front anybody beside Steve not own a silver platter spinner ?
Note to self: when the War Dept. Offers to alphabetical order the CD’s in storage, take her up on that with enthusiasm!!!!!
Note to self: when the War Dept. Offers to alphabetical order the CD’s in storage, take her up on that with enthusiasm!!!!

Dang, all 2,500? What’s the pay-off? 😁
Slaw, how is the SQ of that Mo-Fi 45 RPM Cheap Thrills album?  Is it worth the cost and record flipping, or is it really no better than the reissue from Simply Vinyl?  The original recording wasn't spectacular but maybe Mo-Fi did a great job on this one.  I need to replace my non-playable, totally thrashed original copy.
Please let me know.  Much appreciated.