Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Getz/Gilberto - S/T - new Acoustic Sounds Series 33rpm - sound quality is excellent, vinyl is good, not great a little bit of groove noise but otherwise pretty nice 
@noromance 
Yes I was getting concerned that a belt drive could put the kibosh on the 401!

Now in-between sides I had a good look at the Scheu stylus under the magnifying glass and......
It has a good coating of crud which as I have been using ME fairly regularly is perplexing.
Unless it is buildup from the Lyra SPT treatment I have been using?

Course the question is how best to clean it if ME won't touch it?
Rather than have the Dynavector suffer the same fate, send it to me for near virginal safekeeping
Jim
The Lyra SPT is out of bounds for now until I figure it out.

I am sure you would be a very worthy custodian of the Karat indeed.😁
Also, in the interest of accuracy, shouldn’t it be double belt or twin belt or 2XPita, vs the famed idler ?
For what it’s worth I use 4 stylus cleaner: 1.) Stylast
2.) Audio Technica ( shipped from Japan )
3.) Magic Eraser
4.) Voodoo exorcism
@uberwaltz

Do you have any Blu Tac?
Might be worth a shot seeing if that works better than ME.

I use an Onzow, but know Peter isn’t a fan on Soundsmith (or any) carts/stylus. He uses Blu Tac, after every play, and swears by it. I’ve been thinking of switching/trying it out.

Or, Jim has an idea

4.) Voodoo exorcism

Blue Tak is #5 if I have any leftover after getting the Ferrari in race shape... competent Italian body work is so expensive these days, what with tightened immigration 
I have the Onzow as well, use that every side and the ME about every 4-5 days.
Doubt I have any blutac but worth buying to try.

However Jim I like the sound of option #4...... Do I just make an effigy of the Scheu and stick pins in it ?

I do have a collection of effigy's I will admit, MC, GK, DT...... 
I do have a collection of effigy's I will admit, MC, GK, DT......

😂😂😂
Genesis - Then There Were Three ( oMG if ever there was a case for a 120-220 HZ bass boost tone control, this is freakin it.....
“ if this was the last day of your life my friend

tell me what you would do again ? “

Some wisdom there... worth recentering in anyway....
Brand X “Livestock”

Went out to Record Store Day and found this mint copy in the used section.  
Kiril Kondrashin  conducts Rachmaninoff Concerto #3. Van Cliburn with Symphony of the Air. Recorded live at Carnegie Hall. RCA Victor Red Seal 1959, Mono
A Schumann Song Recital - Dietrich Fisher-Diekau baratone & Gunther Weissenborn piano. DECCA gold label series, probably late 50’s. Mono

This album is incredible for its sound quality, and quiet as hell. In near perfect condition. Pretty stunning.
Claudio Arrau plays Debussy - Images and Estampes. Piano sonata. Phillips, Netherlands pressing 1980
I use blu-tac after every side, Lyra every now and then. Got a Flux Hi Fi sonic cleaner that really works well
Slaw
I knew someone had something for cleaning stylus.
Will have to research that Flux sonic cleaner as was thinking it might need ultrasonic cleaning to clear it up.
Fortunately millercarbon is no moron, and bought HCQ months ago, just in case. Wife brought it in, and so I’m able to get proper meds in spite of the docs.
Darn, maybe I should not have stuck quite so many pins in the MC effigy after all......

Seriously though I do not wish covid-19 on ANYBODY and hope he gets through it safely.
Brand X “Livestock”

Went out to Record Store Day and found this mint copy in the used section.  
Was that from Forever Young , downtown?

I use blu-tac after every side, Lyra every now and then. 

Just ordered some. Going to try it out myself.
Glen Campbell - Adiós. Digging into the pile of records I bought yesterday at the local record store.
@slaw 

Eels "The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett"

Was just looking to buy this on CD (for $7), and you have it on vinyl. Not fair 😁

I’m not one to buy expensive new vinyl of releases/reissues I would like, yet, but I guess it’s all part of the rabbit hole I jumped into......

I can see it happening now. In fact, was checking out some new classical vinyl releases over the last could days.
Brian,

Eels are one of those artists whose (lps) increase in value pretty fast. 
Slaw.
Add Silver Jews to that increase value list.
Could not believe how much they are now on discogs!!
Yep. Makes me wish I would have bought my many of Cure albums on vinyl ‘back in the day’ (as example). Unfortunately we were told CD’s were far superior in every way. And I bought into it.
Perfect Sound Forever!

Yep, was suckered into that too, gave all my records to charity shop back in England and proceeded to spend a small fortune on new CD, players and discs.

Wish I had a crystal ball back then....
Yep, I could kick myself now, but I traded in many vinyl selections to get money to spend on CD’s. Luckily I kept the vinyl that meant most to me. But, I now realize some of that vinyl I traded in is now hard to impossible to replace. 

I kept a Siouxsie and The Banshees vinyl album (not sure how that didn’t get traded at the time) and hard to believe what that is worth now. And I bought it used for $1.
.....well, those CD’s are better than you think w bit perfect ripping AND a great server and DAC.... three Rabbits 

Rick can send the Wolf after a Hare.... maybe 2 if it has a great ripper...
I’m seriously considering treating myself to a Bricasti M3 with network card for Xmas......

It's being Roon Certified right now.....
Uber, my memory was the new table was Christmas, but who am I to say there is a speed limit ? Hearing super good things on M3
Uber, Try dropping the dirty stylus into a Magic Eraser whereon you have placed numerous drops of propanol. (In a Graham Chapman voice)