Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I'm happy a few of you were inspired to give a test listen to some of my bday prizes.

my sump pump failed, so I haven't had time to enjoy my new music,

I played 1st side of Rising Appalachia, oh baby, superb, I am glad a few of you 'found' them here. Donna found them from a email feed from a concert hall they were going to perform at (now shuttered). I had forgotten Ani DiFranco sings with them on 1 song, I recognized her voice, that was a treat.

Some day, we will see/hear them live!

New Sump pumps here in 1 hour, then evening plans, some listening planned for tomorrow!
Tift Merritt "Traveling Alone" from the box which comes with a bonus acoustic lp called "Traveling Companion". Recommended.
One of the two that came in the mail today and @tomic601 so graciously gifted me. Thank you sir. Quite a nice gift!

Ritz Reiner conducts Beethoven’s 1st and 9th Symphony. DBL LP set. Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Chorus. RCA Red Seal. Stereo 1962

Just fantastic, and much appreciated !!
No doubt. This is quite the little group we have here. Thanks to @slaw and @tomic601 and soon to be arriving cassettes from @uberwaltz my collection is becoming fuller and better thanks to you. And always nice when coming from friends.
Yw my friend!

Unfortunately the Post is truly messed up in Florida. I believe Jim sent me care package too but nothing yet arrived.☹️

But a line that stuck in my head from one of my fave sci-fi type movies.

You can't stop the signal!
I'm having a tape kind of day.
My last job lot contained tapes I had never heard and are proving to be most enjoyable.
Listening to Chilliwack right now who I had never even heard of never mind heard.
Most pleasant!
While we're on the subject, I received two other lps from @tomic601 ,
in my care package, two sealed Neil Diamond lps. Apparently, I'm in the minority here in liking Neil. I found "Taproot..." yesterday on Etsy....maybe a Neil shoot-out soon?
Taproot Manuscript is the only Diamond LP in my collection and I must admit I quite like it.
I think in my case it's more just finding some good albums of his to listen to.
Suzanne Vega "S/T" from the short-lived Vivante (audiophile label). Recommended on any label.

"... she's cut down on her lovers.."

Another best of "debut albums".
Hey Uber,

If you run across "Hot August Nights" in your journeys, pick it up. I have the MFSL, love it!

BTW, saw the Avid on your systems page. Very nice!
U r welcome Brian - I saw the condition of the cover and my heart sank - fortunate they playgrade much better !!!
Sent out two more boxes today

my post office guy invented new stuff as in no packing slip, invoice or other correspondence can be included in media rate, I called his bluff....

iF anything shows up postal collect, refuse it or I will send u $$$

i have since started writing notes on the box

appar nobody on discogs has heard this rogue clerks invention...
BTW, saw the Avid on your systems page. Very nice!

Just took a peek. Very nice @uberwaltz , but it took ‘top shelf’ over the Garrard?
Not really Brian
But that's the only place for a decent size TT so had to remove the 401 so I could test out the Avid and for drrsutliff to set it up correctly.
It was that or the floor.....😇

Looking at what's involved in building my "double wide" right now...🤔
@tomic601

U r welcome Brian - I saw the condition of the cover and my heart sank - fortunate they playgrade much better !!!

It plays a little rough in areas, but I don’t have a Reiner Beethoven 9th in my collection, until now. So, much appreciated regardless. Will try to see what I can do to clean it up further.

The Bizet looks to be in fantastic shape though, and will be going on next.
Hey Uber,.

FWIW, I have a mapleshade 3 shelf rack, the shelves finished in rosewood, that I’m willing to part with if interested.?

PM me bro.

BTW, you never mentioned you Rega had a custom plinth?
@tomic601 ,

Your postal clerk just gave you incentive to tell a little white lie.
Slaw
Pm heading your way soon!

Yes that little Rega is an overachiever itself. Not much original left about it... Lol
He made a real good job of sandwiching the original plinth between two MDF boards and then veneer.
Plus he added an IEC at the back and on/off switch so can use any PC with it.
And the arm is rewired with cardas wire and a 5 pin din plug so can use any phono cable too.

It's a keeper....yes I know, famous last words!😇
John Fullbright "Songs"

Ain't that a great title? (think about it....)

I know @spiritofradio and I had a good connection with artists like this.
Second album sent by @tomic601 

Charles Munch conducts Bizet. Carmen & L’Arlesienne Suites. New Philharmonia Orchestra. London 1967

in stellar condition.

Thanks again Jim!
Slaw
I just double checked and I sent you my correct current email address.
Most odd.....
Enough tapes for now.

Fire up the little Rega.

Blues for Night People .... Charlie Byrd.

Nice original Mono recording.
Tom Petty "An American Treasure’. Never been cleaned per my.....

Put on 6-7?

BTW, this is recommended.
Noromance, +1 for "The The" / They really put out some good music. Unfortunately I didn't start listening to them until I was older.   

Tomic, Thanks!

Widespread Panic / 'Til the medicine takes
Also on these gifts, I roll the dice a bit, so iF I send you country and that ain’t yer thang, ditch it as trade bait !!!

..... there is some disco in the box and about 15 comedy discs, I have been hiding the disco from war Dept...
Boxer your box shipped today as did Elliott

somebody send me Reubent address
WHAT?????
When did Pete Way pass?
Very Sad indeed.
Was sitting looking at some UFO tapes earlier.
Just read about it, hung n for couple months, a fighter till the end.
RIP Pete Way.

Guess it has to be UFO, Fastway and Waysted later then.
I remember the first time I saw UFO, that was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Pete was one of the best bass players I've ever seen perform live.
The The ‎– Mind Bomb (Epic 1989)

Essential album. This actually gave me tinnitus. 
Never ever got to see UFO😭😭.

Did See MSG twice though so Schenker And Way at their prime.

Obsessions ..... UFO.
I saw them twice Uber. Once with Way and Schenker, and once without. Night and day.