Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The last three John Prine lps and the new Shelby Lynne scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow!
The Duelund cable does everything right, no over-exaggeration. Pretty, perfect!
Good to hear Greg.
Andrew Bird "Armchair Apocrypha"
Sold a load of CDs on eBay yesterday approx 300.
Spent half of what I got for them on just 12 albums at my LRS today....
😂😂😂
Savoy Brown "Boogie Brothers" London/1974 again after US clean

Recommend!
I have Boogie Brothers on cassette Slaw.
If I ever see the record I will buy it.
Norah Jones "Pick Me Up Off The Floor"
Molina & Johnson "S/T"
both in the Vibrato............................

Robert Finley "Goin' Platinum"   another lesser known artist that Dan Auerbach produced
The Norah lp was very enjoyable. Not quite up to "Come Away With Me" standards. I find the cover photo to be somewhat staged/cheesy but it's about enjoying the music.
Decided to put "The Final Cut" in the Vibrato and relisten. It really sounds beautiful!!

Puttin’ my best domestic copy in as well. Another mini review?

One thing I always found very cool was during "The Gunner"s Dream" is how Roger's voice blends seamlessly into the saxophone. Genius!
Ah got it!
If mine has a brand name its in Chinese!
😂😂.

Rainbow Seeker ..... Joe Sample.
I'm sort of curious now as to how many hours I can get out of this Scheu Analog SL cart I'm in love with!

Between my 401 and the Nottingham before it I would estimate 700 hours.
I bought used with claimed 200 hours ( aren't they all...lol).
So even if true that's 900, maybe even 1000 hours.
And it still sounds fresh, in fact better than it ever has.
What does anyone think will be first indication that it is starting to wear out?
Distortion?
Tracking?
Treble response?
Uber,

I've become very aware of making sure I clean my stylus after each record side. Along with proper set-up, I think it should go longer than 1000. The first problem will probably be distortion.

Now I'm in the SoundSmith family, I'm not concerned.
Been pretty good on cleaning stylus at least every record. And have been using Lyra SPT for as long as I can remember.
About every 4 records or so.
I don't use the SPT but maybe once during my normal/abnormal weekend listening sessions. I've become a proponent of blue-tac like Peter.
I sent my 1987 Decca Super Gold (Paratrace) back for the second time in its life to the UK for a re-tip. I figured that it was due as 6 years had passed since the last replacement stylus. At a very conservative count of 2 three hour sessions a week, that is 1872 hours. John Wright emailed me to say it was barely worn and did I want to go ahead with the work! I did just because it took a lot of hassle getting it there. I clean every side with a Magic Eraser.
And that cart has no suspension.  Never use Magic Erasure any more...like blu-tac better.
Up now, a freshly cleaned domestic "TFC". Same listening level at 2:00...Wow!

Mention of that JS album reminded me of the writing on the back which has the song titles included in poetic form, lovely! His version with the Jazz Crusader's of "Promises Promises" horn section arrangement always pumps me up!! 👍
Post removed 
That's some hours noromance!

I'm hoping for 1500.
Of course then the question is what to do with it?
Not that I have any shortage of carts waiting in the wings ready to go....
While writing my mini review, my post was deleted. Therefore I became deflated.
Hey Slaw, Please let me know what you think of the Molina album / Thanks

Uber,
My experience matches Noromance in that carts last way over 1000 hours if taken care of. 

Tortoise / In the fishtank 
Maybe fat-finger typing?.
Anyway, love the music on the Molina lp. Mine is noisy, requested a replacement. Going to desktop to finish.
OK,

I loved the SQ I was getting with the 2016 remastered "Final Cut". It had taken on a more "beautiful" presentation without losing much at all.

The domestic had a little more dynamics, which along with that comes a tighter bass response. So, for really my first time, I find myself wondering which lp I like better.

For me it's the remaster. It draws me into the presentation way more. (This was remastered by the original engineers). I love the beauty of the music. I don't get that with my domestic copy.

A first for me but, I love what I was hearing!
My two copies are both UK Harvest originals in NM- condition. They sound very good but not "clean" if you know what I mean. Is the 2016 remaster less vinyl sounding?
Never really had a cart long enough to wear one out.... lol
Usually chopping and changing but the Scheu is here until it dies.
And then it might get resurrected!
We will give the Scheu a proper New Orleans funeral when the time comes... then send it off for a rebuild ;)
@noromance

I assume you mean (less analog sounding)? In that case, my answer is no.

The 2016 remaster, upon thinking about it along with what I heard, I’m feeling more confident in saying, the presentation on the 2016 remaster really feels like what I feel Roger had in mind.

It was Roger"s take , in a different time of his thoughts  on what his father went through. This time had emotion, and a beauty to it from afar.