Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The New Black Eagle Jazz Band ‎– At Symphony Hall (Philo 1982)

Love these guys. Wonderful musicianship. Solid, dynamic recordings.

Alex de Grassi ‎– Southern Exposure (Windham Hill 1983)

Solo guitar new age "live to two track digital" on Sony PCM 1600.
Sounds great. Clean and sparkling but devoid of any emotion.
finishing up Dave Alvin "King of California"
these arrived today:
Norah Jones "Pick me up Off the Floor"
Molina & Johnson 'S/T"
Nirvana Studio Out-takes 89-91 bootleg.

Cannot find any information on this anywhere.
Its a double album with plain white labels.
SQ is pretty good if it’s a real bootleg.

Paid pennies for it........
Amazing Rhythm Aces - Toucan Do It Too
The Band - Northern Lights-Southern Cross
Boston - S/T
Jethro Tull - Aqualung, Steve Wilson Remix
Dan Fogelberg - High Country Snows
Now I have played tracks of all 4 sides of my Nirvana bootleg this is what it appears to be.
One record is the complete mtv unplugged in New York album with quite a bit better sq. But in a jumbled order from the official release.
The other record is definitely lower quality outtakes and demos.

Still a pretty neat album overall.
Did first mod to FT-3 VTA tower, some easy M6 nuts and lock washers to stiffen things up - no quick VTA with this arm.... still tweaking the setup.... it’s got a ways to go...
Running back thru Tony Joe White - Bad Mouthin ( 45 rpm )... nice warm analog sound... getting there....
Everything is only pennies Tomic.
Just stop counting after a couple hundred...😇😇
Hey Tomic,
Is your arm tower a "stand alone item"? In other words... Do you have your arm tower separate from your table? I do, but don't see many people going that route, so just curious. 
@boxer12,

Happened across this Friday,..
Molina & Johnson "S/T", got it today.
Apparently they crossed paths and decided to record this lp.

I now you're a JM fan. I"ll get to it next weekend.
@boxer12,

My tt project will have separate arm pods for my ET 2.5 & Moerch DP-8
@boxer12 no the VTA tower and arm ( Sumiko FT-3 ) attach to arm board on SOTA which then attaches to the floating sub platter.

on the Brinkmann Bardo the arm ( Triplaner) in that case Is on the fixed sub platter , there are Brinkmann tables w arms on Pods.
Trying out the @slaw My Mat.. certainly tames a bit of glare and improves tonality on this recording....( Jenny’s - Fifteen )
Wild Flowers is   So much easier to hear individual voices as they harmonize.... ya man !!!!
Tomic, Cool, just curious.

Slaw, Let me know what you think of that album please. Almost seems like a "must have" already (LOL). FWIW, I’ve separated everything from the turntable. The only thing attached to it is the belt from the flywheel. In fact, the motor, flywheel, table, & arm tower, are all stand alone components. I like it this way because I believe it makes sense isolating everything, but it’s a pita to set up. Once set up though, there is a lot of flexibility with setting up different arms. I currently have two arm "towers (or pods)". One is set up with the 12" ViRa arm, the other with a 9" Polestar.

The Julie Ruin / Hit reset
Nice to hear! Jim.

If you can tell that this early on, I'd say your set-up is very good so far.
Santana - Welcome

One of my favorites for setting SRA by ear...  if you get the side one cymbals and percussion to sound correct you are done.  A lot of material to employ and it will reward you when it’s right.   20 hours on the new Madake and I think it has a even more to offer with a few more hours.  I guess I will have to suffer through it ;)
boxer,

Yup, I concur...that's how mine will be set up as well

BTW, Is the Julie Ruin on lp?
@drrsutliff ,

I always look forward to hearing a new cartridge broken in, but for me, hearing the changes is a learning experience that I've come to appreciate.
Slaw,
The Julie Ruin album is on white vinyl from "Hardly Art". Just picked it up today. The band has kind of a post punk sound to them. Reminds me a bit of Joan Jett. 
@slaw I’ve been running it in and today did serious testing by swapping arms. While the Jelco has some glare and is a little shouty compared to the WT clone, it is a lot more dynamic, faster, blacker and retrieves fine detail. C’est la vie.
boxer,

Just ordered "Run Fast" & "Hit Reset". Been watching this band for a long time. I struck while the iron was hot!
Played all the albums I played last week again on my old 850L tonearm. Always fun.
@noromance ,.

Do you have a path going forward? Maybe FO.Q tape or something similar?
I was hoping against hope the 850 might end up as surplus, and “ mere pennies “ to boot....

ah well...
Well I haven’t installed my "Cartridge Enabler" yet, may be an inexpensive option?

I’ve always had an internal desire to make what I already own, better.