Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Miles Davis 
Someday My Prince Will Come 
columbia limited edition #836
I have my doubts that these numbered editions correspond with the pressing order but this does sound wonderful 
Los Lobos 
Kiko
Mofi limited #462
its a shame there isn’t more Los Lobos on vinyl 
@noromance ,

The SQ is absolutely wonderful! My copy was as close to perfect as you get these days.
Thanks man. I may have to spend. If you haven't got Live in London... get the DVD and triple LP. 
The Cars again.
@noromance,

Thanks for the tip.
Red House Painters "Song for a Blue Guitar"   (freshly cleaned)
This is such a great record. I hope those of you who don't own it will check it out.
Playing my freshly cleaned The Cars "S/T"  domestic/pre-barcode copy to compare to the MFSL.
Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues. This, as it turns out, is now a somewhat rare and collectible album. Recorded live at the Scholar Coffeehouse in Minneapolis Minnesota in 1969. Picked it up cheap used in the mid-70’s. It’s now worth 15-20+x what I paid for it, and still in great shape.

Oblivion Record Company 1969.
The comparison between The Cars "S/T" lps (domestic pre-barcode & MFSL) are interesting..........

The MFSL version was, on side one, too clean. The lp overall has a slightly wider soundstage. Side two...I noticed a slight haze/film in the musical presentation. This records really seems disjointed and didn’t move me. It is tiring to listen to.

The domestic immediately was more to my liking. It has more (soul). The soundstage is slightly narrower, not a deal breaker, but the ability of it’s overall cohesiveness, to draw one in, wins the day. Interestingly, side two was a little hotter, the exact opposite of the MFSL version. Had to turn the volume down a little. Still it has the "soul" I love with vinyl playback.

The MFSL is going to ebay.
That last had me wanting more Leo...

Leo Kottke - The Best. Two album set. Not sure what I’ll play, or maybe all of it. Starting with the ‘singing’ side 4. Capitol 1978
Very interesting Slaw.
I have most of the Cars output on original vinyl, no MFSL, but been a while since I listened to the S/T one.

Escape from Ohio ongoing right now!
Be home about 11pm hopefully.
Might just have to fire up the rig before bed......
Severe withdrawal symptoms!
Aoife Nessa Frances "Land of no Junction"
Another one from my 'artists to watch' list. Great record!
My u Want it darker is ok pressing quality but super sonics ( as is the NAIM Rip off CD and into my tube DAC - the low end on this unreal....

I cannot divorce myself from my feelings about his passing and this his last complete work... he knew, he knew... like Prine and turned in for me anyway a masterwork.

I tend to listen to Leonard late at night... perhaps I have mention this but I also enjoy his books of poetry....
@uberwaltz,

Just US cleaned my The Cars "Shake it Up" domestic/pre-barcode copy. Maybe another comparison to my MFSL later?
@tomic601 ,

That’s interesting regarding the difference in our prospective copies’ pressing quality. Just goes to show how much need there is for quality and consistent quality.

You Want it Darker is a masterwork!

"He knew, he knew" another to add to that list.... David Bowie "Blackstar".

Jim,

Another masterwork that is very good late night.
Well, gonna do it...........

The Cars "Shake it Up" MFSL up now.
Slaw,
Have you ever bought a new album that has a lightish film on it (usually only a couple areas) & if so, how do you remove it. Note that it is audible.

Spot on with Prine, Leonard, & David

Never noticed that boxer. However my OP/OK Computer/EU copy was very difficult to clean. This was early on before US and my best steaming methods. Everytime I cleaned it, I’d get white dots on my DD cleaning pads. I chalked this up to mold release compounds.

Great question.

A great reason to have a steamer

Have Shake it Up as well Slaw.
Might sound like I do not need worry about any MFSL copies of The Cars.
Slaw,
I'm thinking it may be a release compound or something they used during the pressing process. Only have a couple like this, but it bothers me every time I listen to them. Oh well... 
From what I've read, before MFSL decides which albums to remaster, they first listen to the master tapes.
I'll post my impressions soon on Shake it Up, but will say early on, I'm kind of beside myself in just the difference in the S/T & Shake it Up.
I can only assume they made a deal to remaster all of them instead of individually.
Szell conducts Wagner - Tristan und Isolde, Die Meistersinge Von Nurnberg, Tannhauser. The Cleveland Orchestra.  Epic 1962 stereo
Slaw,
I'm thinking about using lighter fluid (on one of them) to see if it works. Obviously I'd sneak up on it & not go full guns off the bat.  What are your thoughts? 
Here are my impressions of The Cars "Shake it Up" domestic pre-barcode & MFSL.  Frankly, this will continue into my mini-review of The Cars "S/T" lp on those two issues..........

"Shake it Up" MFSL. After just comparing "S/T", I was flabbergasted as to my initial reaction on this lp comparing to "S/T"!  On "S/T", the volume level was @ 9:30 and that was irritating. The volume on "SIU" was at 11:30 and when I was talking to my imaginary listening partner, she could easily understand me. (ha ha)  Really wanted to turn it up, yet for this review, I stopped my initial reaction. The other notable thing, the SQ was way more analog, had way more 'soul'.

Now, the domestic "SIU". Had to decrease volume to 10:00 for a very enjoyable listening level. This lp really rocks all the way through. At the lower listening level I heard the MOFI through, I really wanted to turn it up. I felt the lower mid-bass to bass were a revelation waiting to happen. Maybe another time.

@boxer12,

If you’ll send it to me, I’d be glad to work on it! No charge, just pay shipping. PM me.

Lighter fluid is last resort.
@slaw Interesting comments about the cars mfsl recordings. I have the debut, Candy-O, and Heartbeat City on mfsl and think they all sound great. I just ordered Shake it Up today. If it’s better than the others that will be awesome.
@big_greg,

Do you own the originals and have you compared them?
I personally have never heard such a big difference.
You may know this about me.....I don’t say things lightly. I make a point of finding things out for myself. Then and only then do I feel confident to post here.
It does take a big commitment in time, expense, years of experimenting, love of what you're doing and after all that, comparing actual lps you own.

John Surman - private city and withholding pattern
Bill Evans - the Paris concerts 1 & 2
Thanks Slaw, I know you have the knowledge / equipment & will keep that in mind. 
@slaw I have multiple copies of all three of those albums.  I'm not sure if any were first pressings. I have not taken the time to listen to them back-to-back compared to the mfsl versions.  Those are three of my favorite records, so I may not have Listened as closely for sound quality, but nothing offensive ever jumped out at me.

My goal is to enjoy the music. When I start dissecting it, it takes some of the enjoyment away. However when obvious flaws in the sound quality present themselves that also takes away from the enjoyment.

I'm not questioning your assessment of those records by the way. When I say they sounded great to me that doesn't invalidate your impression of them in any way.
@big_greg,

I didn't take your post as a negative on my assessment. 

When you decide to make a comparison, make sure to leave the volume level steady.

Love you brother.
This is the part of this (hobby) that I'm most envolved in. My passion may be off-putting to some. I don't mean it to come across that way. I'm just very passionate in this way.
All good brother slaw, there's nothing wrong with being passionate! I just didn't want you to think that I was questioning your judgment or your impressions. I appreciate your sharing them. 
While we're discussing MFSL, anyone else experiencing quality issues recently? I've had about 3 show up recently with seam splits on the top right corner. Another showed up with a chunk of vinyl in the inner liner, which scratched the heck out of it. For what they charge, you'd think quality control would be important. 
Boxer might I also suggest an enzyme cleaner , nitty gritty makes one I have used w success.
Crosby - If I could only remember my name ( Server )

Crosby - Croz ( server )